main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are the Prequel Radio Dramas still in the works?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The_Umph, Jun 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Umph

The_Umph Jedi Youngling

Jun 10, 2006
    I love the ANH and Empire radio dramas. Not so much ROTJ, but oh well. I remember hearing they were going to do radio dramas for the prequels. Is that still going to happen?

2. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Not in the forseeable future.

3. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    Various people have floated the idea, but I don't think it was ever announced; I think it was all speculation. I was a big radio drama fan and know I would remember if there were any indication that there really were plans for PT recordings.

There are a couple of fan scripts running around, I think. Given how unlikely it is that we will ever get official recordings, I wish someone would put them together as a fan project. I've heard some decent voice work for at least some of the PT characters in fan films; it ought to be possible to assemble enough voice talent to pull off at least one full adaptation. It'd take work, sure, but less work than a lot of fan projects; it's conceivably doable. I think they'd want to mine the other materials available -- novelisation, comics, and various other resources -- to follow the official expanded story as much as possible, work in some new material (which would, one would hope, endeavour to answer some unanswered questions and deal with continuity issues), and write a nice, long, expanded dramatisation in the style of the ANH and TESB recordings. THat would be great.

That sort of fan project is the closest we're apt to come, though, I fear. :(

-Paul

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I think there's been expressed interest in the idea, but nothing official in the works.

Besides, I doubt they'd even be Radio Dramas today- seems more likely it'd end up being a Podcast Drama sold on iTunes or something.

5. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    I'd be very interested in the behind the scenes scenes they included :)

Hey, at least the podrace is already set up perfectly for a radio adaption with the announcer and all :p

6. AlphaTrion-TJW

AlphaTrion-TJW Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2003
    That would be so bad. Actually I would be interested in starwars.com doing a series of original audio-dramas for the web or even a regular serial. Nothing overly earth shattering (in terms of the overall continuity) just something focusing on some minor side characters.

7. Master_Uxi

Master_Uxi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    Darth Maul could certainly benefit much from a set on the Radio Dramas. He could at least rough up some Tuskens foolish enough to not get out of his way. Maybe kick some jawas for fun and trash a sandcrawler...

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah- actually, I believe tehre is a sequence on Tatooine where Maul does fight some Tusken Raiders in the Darth Maul Journal.

9. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    It'd be a much greater benefit if we got to actually see it, too.[face_mischief]

10. Master_Uxi

Master_Uxi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    [face_peace]

Werd up, yo.

And definitely add in his lines from the novelization so he's more the Sith Lord and less the unleashed animal.

Seeing the Sith Infiltrator actually do something would be nice, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.