main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are there any publishers of Crossover Scifiction? [IE:ST/SW, ALIEN/SW,B5/SW]

Discussion in 'Literature' started by HylanBoulevard, Mar 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HylanBoulevard

HylanBoulevard Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 2004
    Does anyone publish interfranchise science fiction|fantasy tales? I don't mean aficionadofic forums either. Does or would any publisher put out Star Trek/Star Wars or ALIEN/Star Wars or any other Crossover Scifiction you can think of? I would think & hope the official magazines for ST & SW would or other scifi/fantasy magazines would,but I'm like 99% sure they don't. [There is this silly idea that Trek & Wars are "competitors",which I think is ridiculous.]

So does anyone publish the type of Crossover Scifiction I'm talking about here or is there only aficionadofic?

2. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    Nothing exists besides fanfiction, and I am happy about that, because I don´t like crossovers. GL wouldn´t let them do such a thing, there once was a Darth Maul vs. some Marvel heros comic planned, but never heard of it again, cancelled I think.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I believe one of the Trek books was a crossover - had some of the X-Men characters in it. I don't recall the title but it's around my apartment somewhere.

Edit - found it on amazon.

4. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    HANG ON...is that Xizor?!?!?!?

5. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    I also have an Original Trek/X-Men crossover. They did a meld of Gary Mitchell from ST's second pilot "Where No Man Has Gone Before" and Proteus.

It was a mess.

There was a neat scene when they call "Dr. McCoy" and both Beast and Bones look and then stare at each other. Also, it was cool to see Kirk hit on Jean Grey and get shot down. Besides that it was silly and should be erased from existance.

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    It isn't Xizor... :)

7. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Nearest it's got has been the DC & DarkHorse collaborations:

Superman / Aliens
    Predator / Batman

Plus DHC's franchise match-ups:

Aliens v Predator
    Robocop v Terminator
    Robocop v Terminator v Superman? (There was definitely a triple one done but can't recall 3rd participant.)

JB

8. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    No Star Wars crossovers, thank god...

9. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    You know what I wanna see? Star Wars vs. Aliens. DH has the Aliens liscence, so they could do it.

10. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    You guys are all wrong. :p

There is a SW crossover comic. Tales's "Into the Great Unknown" a SW and Indiana Jones crossover.

I wouldn't mind seeing more crossovers in Tales.

11. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    And the time Luke met Indy in Yoda Stories, too.

12. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Ugg, no more Infinities Tales! The new, canon series is great. IMO it has some better stories than Empire does (except maybe To the Last Man, the new Jabiim one, and a few others.) I only wish Tales had been like this from the start, so all of the great productive skills at DH could be put forth to further the SW universe, not detract from it *cough* Lil Maul and Lollypops *cough* [face_plain]

[Red_Leader]Stay on target![/Red_Leader]

I would say that Tales has the most "crossover" type Easter eggs or cameos. From what I can remember they have had various Lucasfilm characters, Pixar characters, characters from random old Scifi movies, and even a cameo of Yogi Bear, Mickey Mouse [ears], and the Enterprise. And I even seem to remember an Alien in a cantina somewhere, in one of the Tag and Blink ones IIRC. Then there was some Spiderman comic back when Marvel still had Star Wars that had the Falcon in it... o_O Even the in-univers "crossovers" were very out of place: the Droids/Ewoks comic crossover had to use time travel, [Sam_Adams]Always a bad decision![/Sam_Adams] ;)

Bottom line, crossovers are bad for the Star Wars license: they cheapen the image and have no true purpose, IMHO. If you want crossovers, there are many fanfics dealing with the subject, but profics are better left to other subjects. :)

13. Sniper_Wolf

Sniper_Wolf Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    Crossovers suck. SW doesn't need to have another franchise sucking off it's success, which Predator does to Alien.

14. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    And I even seem to remember an Alien in a cantina somewhere, in one of the Tag and Blink ones IIRC.

[face_laugh] That was funny. The alien and the predator were thumbwrestling in the background. That cantina scene had tons of cameos.

Personally I like Tales. All the canon ones and infinities that should be canon and some of the goofy ones.

But the Indiana Jones crossover was cool. Esp. Chewie as the Sasquatch. It's always been a personal theory of mine that the bigfoot footage was just a SW fan dressed up as Chewie. :p

15. BobaKareu

BobaKareu Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 24, 2005
    Hey, they had ET in Episode I. So does that count for anything?

16. Mustafar_Knights

Mustafar_Knights Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2005
    If they ever do a non-canon crossover {as all crossovers should never, ever be canon}, I'd absolutely love to see Darth Maul vs. Wolverine or Batman. Those would be killer fights.

17. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    The Mandy who took over management in The Sith War's final pages was Predator drawn, wasn't he Preciousss yes he was. And Georgey was in The Phantom Affair with Jawas bearing his camera equipment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.