main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Nouveau New Jedi Order illustrations~

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Mazzic, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    WOW great Tenel ka

2. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Awesome, Mazzic! I love it.

3. Mazzic

Mazzic Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2000
    I just got back from the "Designing a Galaxy: the Costumes of Star Wars" exhibit in Los Angeles. I live literally 10 minutes away, and it was my first time to see it. It was AMAZING. I'm so inspired right now. I'm gonna go start another drawing! Wonder how many I can get done before seeing the show again Friday.....

4. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Very, very, very nice drawing. And that goes for all of them, actually...

... though I do have to agree that Tenel Ka does look a bit too... slender.

5. Balder

Balder Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2005
    and Alema Rar is way over dressed, atlest according to TJK

6. Mazzic

Nov 6, 2000
    Wow. I'm just breezing through these now. It's amazing what a year of art school has done for me. Before, I had to take photos and use them as reference to be able to do sketches. Now I can create the figure (and a better composition) without looking at reference. Yay me! ;)

Here's my take on Ulaha Kore. I always liked her. I think Bith are CooL!

Thoughts?

7. Cynical

Cynical Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 5, 2004
    very nice

8. Valie

Valie Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 4, 2005
    I adore them all except for Alema. I think she could be a bit more pretty in the face. Tenel Ka (of course) and Ulaha are my faves. Can't wait to see the twins. I really like this style.

9. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    I love Tenel Ka's dress-- nice job.

10. Eyrezer

Eyrezer Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2002
    Two great pictures, as usual! I can just see these as big murals at the Jedi base on Ossus, with the kid Jedi looking up to them and idolising them.

I just noticed the rancor tooth l/s of Tenal Ka too! Very nice. What have you done with Ulaha's?

Are you able to put them all together?

11. Mazzic

Nov 6, 2000
    Here's Zekk

Thoughts?

I'll comment on your posts soon...thanks for all your support!

-Mazz

12. quad_gun_jinn

quad_gun_jinn Jedi Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    Zekk looks great. I wish I could draw that well. At first I thought his hair and right arm were a bit wierd but after staring at it for a couple of minutes I got it.

13. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Oh, I love Zekk's! Perfect capture of his face and hair.

14. Mazzic

Nov 6, 2000
    I have since fixed his right arm.

15. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Very nice.

I thought at first that he was a bit off, because he was descirbed in TJK as being kinda big and burly, IIRC. But then I remembered that this is supposed to be him in SbS, probably before he put on the poundage, so yeah...

16. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Oooh, I love Zekk, he looks cute. ;)

17. Mazzic

Nov 6, 2000
    Zekk? Big and burly? Weird. I'd drawn his body sans-clothes, and had made him too buff. So I even toned him down a bit! Too bad...he had some pretty huge arms! Ha!

18. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Yep. At first, I thought I may have imagined ever reading that, but I finally found it.

From The Joiner King, pg. 74:

Seated on a bench next to Jaina, he wore his black hair as long and ragged as he had in his youth, but that was all that remained the same. A late growth spurt had turned him into something of a human giant, standing two meters tall, with shoulders as broad as Lowbacca's

So yeah, I think your depiction of him is fine for SbS, but it would be off if that were him in TJK.

19. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Mazzic, this has to be teh longest-running fan art project I've ever witnessed. Who all is left on the list?

20. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Anakin
    Jacen
    Jaina
    Tahiri
    Lowbacca
    Raynar
    Ganner

If I'm not mistaken.

21. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    Zekk looks great.. much better than in the new chron ^^

22. Quiet_Mandalorian

Quiet_Mandalorian Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2005
    Pure awesomeness, of course.[face_peace]

But he looks shorter than the female chaacters (something to do with his legs being fully visible?)[face_thinking]

23. Mazzic

Nov 6, 2000
    Thank you all for your comments and suggestions. I've done small changes to a few of the characters. I ignited Jovan Drark's saber. I put in Tekli's log, just dangling (so it looks like she's levitating). Zekk's arm looked weird, so I fixed that too.

RE Alema Rar - I did this illustration MONTHS ago. And while I'd love to put her in something more...revealing...I'm going to stick with the image I have for now. This depicts her during ?SbS?. Her sister has just died. She's too moody to dress like an exotic dancer. :) However, if this really upsets you fanboys, I may just reconsider.

CernStormrunner - No, I never saw "Ninjak". I'll most certainly check it out though. I'm obsessed wtih Art Nouveau.

quad_gun_jinn - Yeah, I remember it mentioning Tenel had big quads. I can justify my illustration by the pose. One leg is behind the other. It's more of a walking stance. Besides which, she just didn't look sexy enough without an hourglass figure. And if you want muscle, check out those shoulders!

Eyrezer - I love the idea of these being murals at a Jedi Library or something! The "RotS" concept art book shows similar Jedi reliefs at the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. And when I started these, I had the "Tales of the Jedi: Fall of the Sith Empire" comics in mind). You can put all of the images in a line and they create one "story" of sorts. Ulaha's saber was inspired by some "Lord of the Rings" concept art...the hilt of a sword. It's just something decorative and different.

hadow_of_Durron - Thanks for the quote. Wow. Never thought of Zekk as big as Lowbacca. Weird.

Quiet_Mandalorian - Yeah, his legs being visable makes him appear a bit shorter. Hopefully though, when they're all lined up next to eachother he'll fit in. I'm trying to deal with all of their appropriate proportions...making Tekli look tiny beside the Barabels.

Thanks again for all you comments! Keep 'em coming!!

-Mazz

24. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    Wonderful drawing of Zekk! [face_love] You have amazing talent. :)

25. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Those are AWESOME, Mazz! <333

You already know how much I love the TK one, after I spazzed out about it on AIM. XD As for Ulaha, I love the pose she's in, and the lightsaber design! As for Zekk -- just omg HOT. [face_love]

Keep up the awesome work! You already know I can't wait till Jacen and Ganner. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.