main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit assault at selonia.....Read or pass?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by solo beau, Aug 6, 2013.

1. solo beau

solo beau Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2013
    the first book of the crellian trilogy was a very slow read. I was wondering if i should read the second or just read the summary in essential readers companion

2. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I liked the trilogy, and I think the second was better than the first, but your mileage may vary.

3. solo beau

solo beau Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2013
    well as long as waru dosnt make a reappearance lol

Revanfan1 likes this.
  4. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Just read the summary, though maybe the one in the New Essential Chronology if you can get it as afaik it is more extensive.

5. Darth Ridiculis

Darth Ridiculis Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 15, 2013
    I liked the trilogy and felt it got better as it went along. I liked the glimpses into the ancient history of the Corellian system.

6. FTeik

FTeik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2000
    Read it. As far as SW-novels go, it is upper middle-class. I liked the entire trilogy and the events of it and some of the persons introduced become important later on.

7. solo beau

solo beau Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2013
    thanks for the advice looks like im reading the other two

8. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    to me the trilogy was not good, especially if ur a Luke fan. han was really good. It is much better than the trilogy with CotJ, Darksaber, and Planet of Twiligt, and somewhat better than Black Fleet, but thats not sayin much

i would pass on the whole trilogy, unless your bored or really love Han Solo

9. Iron_lord

Iron_lord 26X Wacky Wednesday/23x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 2, 2012
    It focusses heavily on Jacen, Jaina & Anakin- so if you liked Young Jedi Knights, you might like this.

10. Valin__Kenobi

Valin__Kenobi Author: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Praji star 4 VIP

Mar 30, 2004
    I liked the trilogy--definitely in the upper bracket of the Bantam period--so I would recommend it, although if you didn't like the first one you may not be into the other two.

11. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I don't know about the upper bracket -- it's too much of a dragged-out timewaster in the plot department, one book posing as a trilogy in which nothing happens. But it's not in the bottom bracket; it has interesting characters and neat scenario, and it's generally fun. It's middle bracket, right in there with The Bounty Hunter Wars, TAB, and COPL. Nothing special, significantly flawed, but not bad.

solo beau likes this.
  12. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    Yeah it was better than the other two previous trilogies before it. The only good thing about The Callista plotline was Children of the Jedi. Luke was really good in that book. It went downhill from there.

13. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Yeah, I'm with Havac. It's paced way, way too slow, but I loved all the Thracken stuff and seeing Gaeriel Captison again. The stuff with the kids was entirely uninteresting to me, but that's just me, I guess.

14. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    This trilogy was one of my favorites. Loved the plot, the history and the characters.