main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

At my age, Luke Skywalker was...

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Nov 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Bwahahahahahaha.

2. T-boy-wan

T-boy-wan Jedi Master star 3

Jun 6, 2006
    I'm 22 and being hunted by Vader and Black Sun.

3. Alpha_02

Alpha_02 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2010
    I'm 27 and on my way to 28, which would be around 8-9 ABY, so I guess I've just dealt with the Nightsisters on Dathomir and am about to run into Thrawn & Co :D

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I'm Luke Skywalker and I've just committed high treason, lèse majesté, and regicide. Also parricide. And I was just bummed to learn that my "special feelings" about a certain someone amount to incest. I also just finished murdering a bunch of gangsters, just because. Man, I'm an awful role model.

5. colojedi7

colojedi7 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 13, 2007
    I am the Jedi Grandmaster of the Jedi Order and have a snotty 10 year son. He is afraid of the Force and won't attend my own Jedi Academy. My nephew, who I hoped would be able to replace me someday has disappeared for 5 years. Such are the trials of Luke Skywalker.[face_beatup]

6. Vengance1003

Vengance1003 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2006
    Just to clarify, Luke was 18 in SW, 22 in ESB and 22 in ROTJ. He was born in May and SW takes place in March.

7. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Looks like i'm in between Thrawn trilogy and DE:D

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  8. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Killing Noghri and trying to figure out why some stormies are now clones. Oh and don't forget about that insane jedi clone manipulating me...

9. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    My understanding of the BBY/ABY scale may be a little spotty... I just turned 25 a few weeks ago or so (October 29th), so I'm somewhere in the rough neighborhood of the Jedi Prince books or Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor.

10. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    I just blew up a battle station the size of a moon (thankfully, no contract workers were onboard), lost my aunt, uncle, and the mentor I only knew for a very short time but was very important to me, and this hot Princess that I think is into me just put a medal around my neck, so that totally balances out the bad.

11. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Well, I am 27 1/2 years old, so I suppose that means I am in the midst of the Thrawn Crisis and working with a red headed former Imperial agent who I will one day marry.

Oh, and I love hot chocolate. I mean really love it. [face_coffee]

--Adm. Nick

12. marvelfett11

marvelfett11 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 21, 2002

Let's hope that when Luke was my age he could spell "defeat" properly......ughhh.:oops:

13. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    [image=http://files.sharenator.com/CLAPPING_GIF_RE_OK_PEOPLE_I_NEED_YOU_HELP-s300x225-49282.gif]

Something related I just thought of - Anakin was Vader by 23. Think of a random 23-year-old you know, and imagine that he suddenly became the evil vice president of the universe.

Iron_lord likes this.
  14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I guess I'm forming rogue squadron with my buddies. Sweet! Although, I've experienced harsh Hoth-like winters growing up in New England so I totally won't collapse in the snow in two years. :p

15. Xicer

Xicer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2008
    Huh, I don't think I've ever grasped just how young Vader was during the Dark Times.

16. roguejedi589

roguejedi589 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 17, 2005
    I guess I'm swimming around in Waru...eewwwww.......

And I just thought of a couple of random 23 year old boys I know, and what they will do for a girl. Suddenly, I understand Anakin. I will never complain about his decent to the dark side appearing unbelievable again. Ever. :D

17. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    Yeah... it just finally hit me that Vader in the immediate aftermath of ROTS is younger than ME. :eek:

18. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    At my age Luke was founding the Jedi Academy on Yavin 4 and recruiting a young lad by the name of Kyp Durron. [face_mischief]

19. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Magnificent. I'm changing my role. I'm Lord Vader, not Luke Skywalker.

Ahem.

I have just instituted a purge of traitors to the Republic and have prevented a coup d'état against the Senate. I have also helped usher in a new era of peace and prosperity under the Empire. Additionally, I have vastly increased my sex appeal by adopting a deeper voice with new Coruscanti intonations, and a stylish suit of armor. I had a fling with a senator, but then I flung myself into some lava and became so ugly that she didn't have the will to live anymore... but that's okay, who needs her!

20. robbiedbee

robbiedbee Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2006
    I'm 23 next week. What a bizarre thought.

21. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Hm. Only a month left. Guess I better get cracking on that "conquer the galaxy" thing...

22. jedimaster203

jedimaster203 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 19, 1999
    I'm almost 25. And while I've never conquered a tyrant, I do know war.

I was promoted to Sergeant in the army at the young age of 19, and then sent to a combat zone. During this time I aged considerably. But I also matured.

As a sergeant, I had soldiers under me that I was responsible for and you can't be immature, because people can die.

I think in ANH, Luke starts out like most young pups out there. Idealistic, full of spunk, and eager. Luke is a product of war.

23. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    I'm 32, so that means I'm a year away from Waru. Hmm, cool!

24. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    At 38, was Luke still whining about everything?
    I skipped all the post ROTJ books that Lucas said didn't happen.
    ;)

25. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    At my age Luke Skywalker was not paying off his student loans, he didn't even have any. Sure, I could be fighting Cronal or finding Mount Yoda, but I need to pay off the man, I can't just let my father throw him down a reactor shaft. Irresponsible punks those two, no respect for authority.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.