main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Auckland meet-up ... AOTC DVD viewing Nov 23rd

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SimplyThrilledHoney, Oct 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    hey,

I thought I'd invite any Aucklanders 'round to my place to watch the AOTC DVD on Saturday November 23rd. I'll supply finger food/nibbles etc. and the DVD, as well as all non-alcoholic drinks. You can BYO booze if you're that way inclined.

I'll post more specific details a bit closer to the time, but if people could just let me know if they're interested in coming so I can get a fair idea of numbers etc.

(Oh, and I live in Glenfield on the North Shore, a just a few minutes from the bridge.)

best,

Lawrence

2. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Bah - the 23rd? Why that day?

My mum's B/Day - (and JP's) So I guess we'll be going out to dinner that night - sorry.

3. Kai_Halicon

Kai_Halicon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    Seeing as I'm in Glenfield too (Bayview area FYI), I'll be in. I keep meaning to organise a FF outing but my bloody job keeps me tied up a lot of the time.

4. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
    cool ... well, that's one!

re: *that date* SithForceLord, it coincides with the hen-party of my wife's sister, which means I'll have the house to myself for a night. (I've already forced Vanessa to sit through AOTC with me 3 times, and I don't she'll be very keen on watching it again any time soon.)

OK other Aucklanders ... don't make Kai and I a lonely duo ...

Lawrence

5. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000

> (Oh, and I live in Glenfield on the North Shore, a just a few minutes from the bridge.)

I hate adverts that say this. Even at 2:30 in the morning, anywhere in Glenfield being "a few minutes from the bridge" means going well over the speed limit., and at peak times it's more likely to be "just a few hours from the bridge". :p

6. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    lol, so I guess you in then Buzz. :p

7. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
    Depends entirely on your definition of "few", Buzz. Where I live takes less than 10 minutes from the bridge in *non*-peak hour traffic. And I think that "under 10" is a reasonable interpretation of "few".

So are you in or are you out?

I guess what I'm asking is, are you gonna be a sociable sycophant, or an anti-social sycophant?

Lawrence

8. damolay

damolay Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    Thanks for the invite, but I think I'll watch it a little earlier than that, seeing as my uni exams finish on the 12th(heheeh)

have fun you two.

9. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Yep, I'll be there, still in my Halloween costume ... dressed as the invisible man. ;)

I probably won't be able to get there. On top of all the normal stuff I've got a HUGE manual to layout, a website to finish to draft stage and then correct, and the second half of a Directory database application to get working all before they go off for Christmas break ... although no doubt I'll get it all done just to find it sits on the bosses desk all over Christmas as usual with "urgent" work. :(

10. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
    so still only makes two .... which is a bit pathetic really. C'mon Aucklanders ... Lil' Lisa, Kit, and others ... come out of the woodwork and let's have a fun night.

(do I sound desperate?)

Damolay ... you don't have to watch the DVD once, though, right?

11. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    OK other Aucklanders ... don't make Kai and I a lonely duo ...

worry not, Lawrence. I don't bite or nothing. :D

still, it's looking more and more like just the two of us, dagnabit.

Heh.

"Always two, there are, a master and an apprentice."

12. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

:mad:

I was almost finished laying out a 30+ page document in PageMaker and it crashed, totally corrupting the file as it went! Now I'll have to start all over again. :_|

At least I don't have to re-do the diagrams and stuff. [face_plain]

13. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    sounds like you need a break Buzz.

when things don't work for me, i kick them. Such examples include my car, my computer, my colleagues etc.

i've had that before - i lost an entire week's worth of documentation in a spilt second when a dumbass co-worker of mine was playing with power cables and kind of removed my electrical source.

Suffice to say, he got a kicking he soon did not forget.

Still no takers on STH's AOTC viewing. For shame, Auckland chapter, for shame!

14. farmboynz

farmboynz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2001
    Calm down folks

it is 23 days away
    As they say wars have been won and lost in less time

we don't all want to over commit

I will see closer to the time, as i am planning my wedding not sure if i will be in Auckland that weekend,

For the Super keen rememebr there is an All Balcks game on that night also about 3 in the morning

15. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

> For the Super keen ... All Balcks ... 3 in the morning

I think you misspelled "Super STUPID". :p

3:00 in the morning!?!? Good Grief, that's definitely sleepy time. :)

16. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Beauty sleep for Buzz to rid those stress wrinkles.

:p

17. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Kai, just before he kicks someone: [image=http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/darkhorizon/images/demon2.jpg]

18. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    hell yeah. i've got a kinda Bruce Banner/The Hulk thing going on.

*resists urge to morph into marauding beast and bust heads on colleagues who stole candy from desk this morning*

Of course, you'd probably all laugh at my lanky, moppy-haired secret identity of dishevelled twenty-three year old suckling from the corporate nipple.

19. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
  20. StabbedAgain

StabbedAgain Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2002
    Man i cant wait till i get the DVD im getting it the day it comes out and ill watch it by myself like 10 times before i sleep

21. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    10 times? That's like 20 hours. Almost an entire day without sleep huh?

:D

22. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    i can't say much, i saw it four times at the cinema. i was so freakin' lame, i called in sick to work and went by myself in the afternoon.

23. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Lame? I'd call that... devoted. I mean, I'd probably do that for the new LOTR film(s).

24. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
    :: More me, less Kai ::

Moving away from Kai's anger management problems, do I have any more takers for this night of wild and crazy mahem and finger-food? Surely there are more Aucklanders than Kai and myself, and the too-busy-to-be-sociable Buzz Bumble?

Kitt?
    Lil' Lisa?
    Anyone else ....

My home is your home, for a year hours at least. And you'll be able to see my Republic Gunship. (That's what I say to all the girls ....)

Lawrence

25. damolay

damolay Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    After rethinking, I'd be keen to come along. However, I only envisage myself attending if I can get a ride there somehow & then a ride back into town.

STH(Simply Thrilled Honey). Do you often read Camus? I'm jsut studying at the moment, Meta[hysics & THeory Of Knowledge for my exam on Tuesday. Apart from philosophy students, I havnet heard of anyone reading Camus for the hell of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.