main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

audio question about the Clone Wars dvd....

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by WookieDroppings, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WookieDroppings

WookieDroppings Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2003
    Anyone with a surround sound system who own the clone wars dvd, do you notice a slight 'quiver' in the character's dialogue with words that start or end with an S?? I'm not imagining it, I've noticed it everytime I watch. For example, something like "Commander Skywalker" the "S" sounds almost waivered like how you sound when speaking in front of a fan. It's not my sound system because this is the only dvd that does this. It's not my disk because I tried out my nephew's copy and it does the same thing.

Anyone else notice this anomaly??

Redirecting to here.

2. ROTS_Obi1

ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    I don't seem to notice anything.

3. CompletedCircle

CompletedCircle Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2005
    not at all...ur system must suck or sumtin...

4. Tycho__404

Tycho__404 Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2005
    I too noticed a slight "waivering." "S" consonants had quite a bit of "zzz" in them. It was most apparent to me on the word "sith." Rest assured, it is not just your sound system, for I've listened to many other films without this anomaly. I was very surprised to find this kind of fault on a THX certified disc.

My guess is that this audio imperfection is inherent to the original recording or the mix, and not caused by any errors in the DVD's production. This way THX still assured that we would hear and see Clone Wars Volume 1 at the best quality available. It's just unfortunate that more time wasn't spent on the audio. Strangely enough, I don't recall noticing this during the original broadcast, but perhaps it was hidden by the overall poorer fidelity of broadcast audio. My hope is that we'll see a Volume 1 & 2 release complete with cleaned up audio and a 5.1 remix. The Clone Wars cartoon deserves that kind of respect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.