main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit August DHC Solicits: The Last SW issues & trades!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi Ben, May 15, 2014.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    For those interested in DHC's other stuff, see here:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=52832

Sad to see this! :_|

MONTHLY COMICS

The notorious:

[​IMG]

The infamous:

[​IMG]

The brilliant, brilliant to the last perhaps?

[​IMG]

TPBs

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Surprising to see that both Volumes 3-4 of Star Wood are due for October after all.

2. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    So October 15 seems to be it... :(

Interesting that Legacy 0.5 is going to be included in the final trade. I guess it's good that it'll get reprinted, but doesn't really seem applicable at all to Legacy Vol. 2.

3. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Well, the booksellers will get the trades anything from 2-4 weeks later, but..... yeah. :_|

21? No, 22 years I've been reading DHC SW comics.

4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    How the heck are they going to get Legacy vol. 2 wrapped up in 3 issues? Looking forward to it but wow. Love the cover too.

5. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    damn, double post...

6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Excuse me, I'm going to go sit in a corner and cry. Feel free to join.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

7. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    The end of an era, perhaps the greatest era ever? In terms of excellent sci-fi storytelling.

spicer, MercenaryAce and Jedi Ben like this.
  8. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Haven't been as avid a follower/collector of comics in comparison to the novels but I am going to miss DH's comics. They really expanded the SW galaxy for me. Not just sticking to movie characters and not afraid to jump thousands of years into the past or hundreds of years into the future. Hope Marvel can come half as close.

9. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Yeah, excellent final cover for Legacy Volume II. They've assembled such a great cast of characters, its such a shame that the series had less than two years to wrap its story. Hopefully everything will be tied up, the final summary gives me hope- another fight against the Sith, but sounds like its still focusing on Ania and her friends, so here's hoping.

TCW sounds weird and not good for Dooku, but that's typical considering it is based on a TCW script.

Gonna have a lot of TPBs to pick up in October, better pick them up fast before they run out, doubt they're going to print that many in just three months. Still so sad that this is it for Dark Horse Star Wars stuff. :(

10. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    How do I feel about all this? Well..... This is accurate:

[​IMG]

:_|

11. Alixen

Alixen Jedi Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    It's painful, I agree. Feels a bit like...

[​IMG]

Are there any comics that aren't getting a TPB release due to this? Just want to know so i can look into whether to grab them, despite not really collecting loose issues.

Rew, TrandoJedi and Revanfan1 like this.
  12. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Fortunately, no. DHC are trading all of their final series - that doesn't mean they've traded / Omnibused everything, but it has to be a good amount.

(There's a list of DHC SW stuff un-traded in any form somewhere in the forum)

BigAl6ft6 and Alixen like this.
  13. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm so glad that the last three issues of Legacy V. 2 are getting a TPB.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  14. Alixen

Alixen Jedi Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Thanks, in that case i'll likely let it rest that way. I'm having enough trouble keeping what TPBs and novels to buy; I've already accidentally bought a second Phantom Menace novel. Adding loose comics tot he mix would just be disastrous.

Gorefiend, Mind Riot and Jedi Ben like this.
  15. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
  16. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Yep its an end of an era and to be honest, I am worrieed for Dark Horse. Lately, they have slipped from the third spot to the fourth and sometimes the fifth spot behind IDW and Image. The loss of the license will definitely affect their sales, that much I am certain. I'm still going to stick around and collect their Terminator, Halo stuff along with the Judge Dredd v Predator HC. I remember the latter and that was done at a time that DH was at the top of their game. Other than that, I guess we wait to see what Marvel has got for us, but it better be damn goood thats for sure. I still can't understand why end something that was doing great.

spicer, Zorrixor and Jedi Ben like this.
  18. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    $$$

Sent from my R2 unit

Jedi Ben likes this.
  19. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    The question I have is what will marvel do different than Dark Horse? Dark Horse covered everything, Marvel, well their to busy with all that Marvel verse stuff. Heck, Bendis whom is a great writer took forever to come out with his Halo comic when they had the license. I don't know

20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I waited and waited and waited for Brian Wood's "Star Wars" to be collected into a complete omnibus collection, but I guess that ain't gonna happen. Trade paperback run all in one shot it is then, whoo!!

Zorrixor and Force Smuggler like this.
  21. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Not that I was going to collect this (who knows I might) but I lament that we won't get anymore Omnibuses at all. This one would have been one eventually. Omnibuses are awesome.

22. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Yeah, I had an image in my head of a giant hardcover that simply said "Star Wars" and had, like, 20 issues. Probably could have doubled as a doorstop / home security system as well. C'est la vie, I do dig complete runs though so I'll probably order the whole damn series off Amazon sometime in October.... although maybe I should get the first few trades now since DH obviously isn't going to be reprinting them. Ah! Mental crisis!

I do dig me some DH Star Wars and have a whole whack of their comics from the early to mid 90s, but I am also a fully functional Marvel Zombie so I actually am looking forward to seeing what they do with it. Onward and upward! Get Peter David and Dan Slott on the phone for two Star Wars monthly books Marvel, please, thank you.

23. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    David - busy with X-Factor, Castle and Dark Tower.

Slott - Likely never leaving Spider-man.

Never found Bendis all that good at sci-fi, USM, Powers, Daredevil, he's gold on, anything with Luke Cage will likely be great but he has his limits.

My expectation would be that Marvel will be focused on the films and probably be more cautious than DHC.

24. Darth_Henning

Darth_Henning Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2007
    Is there any reason to suspect that they can't release some omnibi or hardcovers in November or December?

Their contract as I understand it runs to the end of December, so would they be unable for any reason to not put out a few last major things as a final farewell?

25. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    As I understand it, they almost certainly don't want to have virtually any stock by the end of year, so its doubtful.