main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass August meet

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by chewykingwookie, Jul 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Alright folks it is time to get things planned for a meet in August.

Last month we had talked about going to Pinz in Milford. If that is what everyone wants to do this month instead that would be fine with me. Or we can do something else doesn't matter to me. There is Fun N Games in Framingham if that interests people. http://www.gamesandgolf.com/ their site.

We also need a date. I know we have a thread going about setting up a certain weekend each month for meets. Since we haven't done a final poll yet we can just pick out dates for this one. Right now my schedule is wide open.

Let's hear what everyone has to say and get this planned early.

Jorge

2. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Like I said in the July non-meet thread, next month will be dicey...I'll be completing a project next Sunday (I hope), my sister moved her 40th b-day party (which was originally last Sunday) to the 11th, and there's a possible Brockton Rox game for my b-day on the 19th (my b-day is actually the 22nd, but the 19th will be the Rox' last home game b4 then).

EDIT: Forgot the 18th was out for me, as well...an IRC friend's annual BBQ.

3. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Might need to get a poll going to pick a weekend. The last weekend of the month is out for me. The Mrs. is going in for some surgery and I'll be playing Mr. Mom while she recovers.

4. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    Mike could you start a poll? Mine didn't work out so well for the weekend thing for that one thread. lol

5. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Instead of a poll, lets cut right to the chase. The weekend of August 24-25. How does it look for everyone?

6. WifeofVader

WifeofVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2005
    Hey guys!

Now I don't feel so guilty about having to miss Sunday's meet.

That weekend in August - the 25th-26th - works for my schedule for now but, I may not be around as I am taking a mini vacation that weekend. Probably will just be day trips though.

=)

7. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Sunday the 25th actually looks pretty good for me, but it will be either that or miss Chris' Labor Day weekend cookout (assuming he's still having it).

EDIT: Pinz would probably still be good...I did better this weekend (a pair of 160s in 3 games yesterday), so I may be able to give Jim more of a run for his money. :D

8. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    So are we looking at Sunday the 26th then?

What shall we do???

9. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Of course...I meant the 26th. [face_blush]

10. mattdamick_is_back

mattdamick_is_back Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2007
    That weekend is good for me i think. I am up for Pinz.

11. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    that weekend (25-26) works for me either day is fine. Pinz will work for me as well. That will give the folks coming from Boston area a chance to attend without having to drive a great distance.

12. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Just curious...are there things for non-bowlers to do at Pinz? I've never been before.

13. Rogue-Girl

Rogue-Girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 12, 2002
    oh plenty! There's a full arcade, lasertag, and a restraunt and bar with a band that usually plays there. (although when I went it was a fri or sat, so they may have bands on for niguht only)

August is going to be dicey for me as well. With this whole teacher thing starting in september I have a lot to do!

So just don't worry about me, (I didn't make the last one either, oops, sorry!)

14. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Oh great! Thanks rogue girl! We'll be away that weekend so I'll try to catch the meet in September.

15. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    SO....

August 26th at Pinz in Milford.

Time?

I am not sure I will be around... depends on what I decide to do for my mini-vacation. If I am around, it will be me, the kids and my room mate attending.

16. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Hi Wifey :D

Jorge mentioned 1:00 PM as a meet-up time in the July non-meet thread, so assume that.

17. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    Hi Richie....

Does 1pm on the 26th work for everyone or should we shoot for 2pm?

18. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    I may actually prefer 2 PM...it'll probably take an hour for my friend and I to get there from Brockton, and I want lunch b4 I leave home.

19. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    Anyone else want to vote for 2pm?

20. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I will vote for 2 just because the fantasy football league I am in will be drafting at noon in Milford so I should be able to swing by Pinz after that.

Jorge

21. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    So it is set then. 2:00 PM on Sunday, August 26th at Pinz in Milford, right? If that's the case, I'll have it posted at the top of our page in the crawl.

22. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I say let's do that DW. I am sure 2:00 will work for most people.

23. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Wormie, you may also want to have Meriwyn put in a news item about the meet in the FanForce section on TFN.

24. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Looks like I'm out for this meet...my friend Ed just has too much on his agenda for that weekend, and I don't really feel like lugging my bowling gear on the trains to Franklin and back. Sorry guys. :(

25. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Wildstar, where are you located? Someone may be able to pick up/drop off so you can make it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.