main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA Awesome New SW game coming

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JarusSarn, Aug 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JarusSarn

JarusSarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2004
    This is a Pre-Vis of some concepts for a new SW game LA is working on... at least, that's what I'm thinking... don't know much about it yet, but it looks really cool :D

2. TuleenDonai

TuleenDonai Jedi Youngling

Mar 23, 2005
    You know, more and more SW games are portraying Jedi as these nasty powerful destructive people. The whole "Lightening" Force power, I thought, was special to the Dark Side of the Force. Maybe they should call it "Next-Gen StarWars Sith Powers."

I have observed that SW Galaxies has the same issue. Not the SW universe I've come to know and love.

Tuleen

3. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Yeah, there has been somewhat of a "blurring the lines" between the light and dark sides of the force lately...

4. TuleenDonai

TuleenDonai Jedi Youngling

Mar 23, 2005
    Isn't THAT what got the Jedi in trouble to begin with and, in my opinion, opened them wide
    up to being nearly wiped OUT!

The Sith would have NEVER had the chance, nor would have Anakin be allowed to get so powerful
    before turning to the Dark Side, if the Jedi had remained pure and true to themselves.

Pitty.

5. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Jedi kiss their sisters ;)

6. Daramin_of_The_Way

Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2004
    Probably because being able to shoot lightning is "cool". I remember playing Dark Forces: Jedi Knight and wanting to be able to shoot lightning and choke people and throw stuff and people (for some reason the power of telekinisis in that game was Dark Side).
    I like the ROTS game because there is little blurring. The Jedi stun their opponents (which could provide a non-violent solution, in theory :D but as John pointed out in one duel, I stunned him only to kill him) while the Sith use lightning, and choke.
    I agree with Tuleen that I didn't imagine the Jedi to blur the lines. But, games often do to be cool.
    That and put ridiculously large guns on tiny ships.

7. ewok_jedi

ewok_jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 5, 2005
    [face_laugh] Yes games are bad at putting to big of weapons on small ships, as well as being inaccurate about speeks ships fly at such as your standardard TIE being as fast as an A-Wing.

I dislike the blurring of the Light Side/Dark Side line but now with the events of the NJO Series such will only get worse and games will come out with force users where there is no Light Side/Dark Side powers, all powers are nuetral :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.