main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Band of Rebels *UPDATED* With Part 6 by Uldir_Fenn

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Iowaweezer, Sep 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iowaweezer

Iowaweezer Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2005
    Band Of Rebels
    Part 1: Drak
    by Iowaweezer

edit!: I misspelled Anakin (sorry), corrected the error...

A young man wearing armor plating sat in the corner of a bar in the Underbelly of the city-planet of Coruscant. He pushed his black hair out of his eyes and stared at various people in the bar. It had been only four years since the end of the Clone Wars, and everything seemed as normal as it would have been before the war.

?Drak Starkiller?? asked an emotionless voice behind. Drak knew who had said those words. Or should I said: he knew what kind of person had said that? He spun out of his chair and ignited his lightsaber. A group of Troopers stood behind his chair, weapons at the ready.

?He was a Jedi?? asked one of the Troopers. The rest nodded and the Trooper shrugged. ?I thought we killed them all.?

?You thought wrong!? Drak replied with a bit of anger in his voice.

Since the collapse of the Jedi Temple a few years ago, Drak didn?t seem to care about keeping the Jedi way. Honoring the light, keeping peace, etc. Drak had found this boring, even when he was training in the Temple. He had let himself be neutral in the Force, as of now he was neither good nor evil, just a mercenary.

?Should we kill him?? asked another Trooper.

?Our outstanding order is to find and kill the Jedi, this guy?s a Jedi so let?s kill him!? replied a Trooper as he stared at Drak. He continued to stare at Drak. ?I was at the Temple when Lord Vader attacked it.? Drak unignited his saber.

?What?? he asked with surprise.

?I remember you?you?re the Jedi that wouldn?t go down without a fight. You killed my commanding officer and you were about to kill me before you hesitated,? continued the Trooper. Drak?s mind went back to that day.

4 years ago?

?Master Anakin?s back!? cried a young Jedi Padawan. He ran away from the window to go to the front door to greet the Master Jedi. A younger Drak stood still, he felt something different about now. Something didn?t feel right. He connected with the Force; he saw Anikan and dark ripples emanated from his body.

?No, not Master Anakin?? said Drak as he ignited his lightsaber. It?s green glow lighting the room. ?No, this can?t be.?

?What is it, Drak?? asked a young Padawan. ?What?s wrong??

?Grab your lightsaber and be ready to fight,? replied Drak darkly. He thought of his Master, and why he had left the Temple. I?m going to check our ship for the journey to Naboo. I?ll be back soon.

He turned to look out the window at the Temple hangar. A group of Clonetroopers entered the hangar and a second later they were running away from it. His Master was still in there.

?NOOOO!? he cried as he watched the hangar explode in a huge explosion.

?There?s one in here!? shouted a Clone. The door opened and in jogged a few Clones.

?You killed him!? he cried. ?You killed my Master! I won?t let you kill any more Jedi!? He lunged at the Clones and began to twirl around. The smells of lightning and burnt flesh mixed together in the air as Drak cut down the Troopers, one by one. There was only one Trooper left when Drak realized what he had done. He stared at his saber as he unignited it. ?What have I done? I?m no better than them!?

An explosion outside caught his attention, Drak turned to follow the sound. The Trooper began to sob quietly as he stared at his fallen comrades.

A group of Jedi hung together in a circle, protecting one another from the Troopers.

?Drak?? cried one of the Jedi. ?Help us!? As Drak stepped forward to help, a grenade went off. Smoke filled the room and the sounds of dying people followed. A lone Padawan kneeled over a female body.

?She was my Master?? he began. Drak grabbed the kid away from his Master and began to jog outside.

?I know, I lost my Master today as well,? said Drak as he saw a freighter with a pilot working on it. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a few Clones. ?Run to the pilot and tell him you need his help. Beg him to bring you to safety. Can

2. Ladynaye

Ladynaye Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2005
    His name is Anakin, not Anikan.

3. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    Great start!!

Can't wait for stormqueen's post :) And I can't wait for my post, lol ;)

4. Aiden_Sanic

Aiden_Sanic Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2005
    Hooray! It's up! :D

What a great start Iowawheezer, I'm already starting to like Drak. :D

Can't wait till Storm Queen Posts. [face_praying]

And additional note: Schools IN! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

5. Uldir_Fenn

Uldir_Fenn Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2004
    Nice start there.

6. Aiden_Sanic

Jun 25, 2005
    Upping this story.

Hey Iowaweezer, maybe you should PM Stormqueen so she will know the thread is up.

7. stormqueen874

stormqueen874 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2005
    Yey! Found it! Thanks for upping it, Aiden. I was scouring and scouring and not finding anything... He did PM me, btw. Now I've just got to get myself in gear and start writing!

Great start, btw! I can't wait to continue! :D

Stormqueen

8. Iowaweezer

Jun 17, 2005
    hey thanks guys, can't wait until Stormqueen writes the next part (turning out to be an awesome group)!

9. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Very interesting.

10. Bale

Bale Jedi Master star 4

May 9, 2005
    An intriguing beginning. [face_thinking]

11. Aiden_Sanic

Jun 25, 2005
    Upping this thread.

Waiting paitiently Storm Queen. :p ;)

12. stormqueen874

Aug 7, 2005
    Band of Rebels
    Part Two: Ki and Echan

Ki sighed for the thousandth time that day, trying to rid himself of the unease that had settled in the pit of his stomach. It was a strange sensation, one he?d rarely felt, but ever since teaming up with Echan, his current copilot, the feeling had started to become a regular occurrence.

If he?d been a religious type, he might?ve attributed it to a warning from the mystical Force, the power the now-dead Jedi had revered, but since he was not?

Ki shrugged it off and told himself it was because he was back on Coruscant after four years, a planet he had come to hate with every shred of his soul, and constantly dodging stormtrooper patrols was steadily eating away at his nerves.

He had managed to land on Coruscant a few weeks ago with no problems whatsoever, despite his rather spotty track record with the Empire. Like all good gamblers, he had people who owed him a slew of favors on every planet, and it was through his extensive connections that he?d been able to hide the ship.

He?d then left it in the care of his copilot, a Human of fourteen standard years, and had set off in search of a possible recruit for the fledgling rebellion he served, a young healer by the name of Elistra Koorn. How the blazes she?d managed to get in contact with the members was beyond Ki, but at least they were being cautious about it. Command had a background check run on the woman, who seemed legit, but rather than send true officials into a possible trap, they?d elected to send him.

I guess they can afford to waste smugglers, he thought with a bitter twist to his lips as he kicked at a piece of trash littering the alley he currently walked down, shoving his hands deeply into his pockets and hunching his shoulders.

Command hadn?t tried to contact the woman in return and ask for an arranged meeting, relying entirely on Ki to track her down. He almost chewed them out over that one; had any of them ever tried locating someone on Coruscant, especially one who didn?t want to be found?

He certainly didn?t think so.

He went about his assigned task despite his near-constant grumbles, using valuable favors and quite a bit of credits to find the woman. He was now following her through the underbelly of Coruscant to the MedCenter where she worked as a part-time Healer. He?d done this every day for a few days, trying to nail down her routine and figure out the best way to contact her. She didn?t go out for lunch since she worked part time, just going to and from the MedCenter, and she used a different path each time.

If Ki had enough time, he would?ve followed her until he figured out the pattern to her choices, but since he didn?t, he had to come up with a different way. He wanted to get the drop on her, so to speak, so if she turned out to be an Imperial spy after all, she wouldn?t have had time to rally a squad of troops and trap him.

A loud commotion drew his gaze as they turned onto a rather populous street, coming from the local bar. Ki paused for only a moment to satisfy his curiosity, but during those few scant seconds, he lost sight of his quarry.

Sithspit, he thought, grimacing and turning to the bar. It wasn?t too bad, he decided, considering he knew her destination, but her rapid disappearance told him she knew someone was following her.

So much for catching her off-guard.

With a faint shrug of his shoulders, Ki stepped through the doorway, intending to order something to drink. Echan, being the more dutiful one of the two, had forced him awake at some ungodly hour, informing him that their target was leaving her house early. While he had been thankful for the information, he still was rather sore over his lost sleep. He didn?t get enough of it as it was?

?Ow!?

Ki swore loudly when he was knocked to the ground by someone, and as he massaged the back of his head, he glared at the person.

?Watch where you?re going!? he snapped, feeling a sharp twist of annoyance when the young man ignored him.

?Hey!? he tried again, reachi

13. Aiden_Sanic

Jun 25, 2005
    My goodness Stormqueen, that was a wonderfully done post. Nice and long. :)

Loved Ki's humor.

?How could you possibly know what I do in my spare time? And what makes you think I would want to do that to a Bantha? I suppose I have to give you points for creativity, though,? Ki said, tugging the kid down the alley and glancing around to see if anyone had decided to follow.

?Now, are you going to shut up the rest of the way or am I going to have to shoot your other leg??

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I Liked Echan, he seems like a cool kid for a jedi. :)

This is a really good story, and congratulations Storm Queen, now I'm gonna annoy Padawan Kayla until she posts next. ;)

14. rabe_rocks

rabe_rocks Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 28, 2005
    :D sorry have to un-sign up. new story. oh and great post stormqueen!

15. Uldir_Fenn

Uldir_Fenn Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2004
    That Ki is a funny guy. I like the possiblities that it brings up.

16. Iowaweezer

Jun 17, 2005
    Awesome post! I loved Ki's humor and how he referred to Drak as a "kid"...

17. Aiden_Sanic

Jun 25, 2005
    AHHHH! in one day and it's already on page 6! :eek:

Hurry Kayla! [face_praying]

18. PadwanKayla

PadwanKayla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2005
    Band of Rebels
    Part Three: Elistra

The blood pounding rush of adrenaline was threatening to buckle Elistra?s knees. There was no fear, only passion, the passion to finally be acting toward the revenge she so desperately needed after four long years. She could almost taste it.

?Business,? Ki said using his blaster to shove Elistra towards the crates where Drak sat. ?What kinda business are you talking... Elistra Koorn was it? Are you looking to ship something off-world??

?As a matter of fact, I am.,? Elistra answered as she turned to face her captor. ?And I think you are the person to help.?

?Help! Do I look like a charity here?? Ki said.

?Oh, I?m quite prepared to pay the costs but I have a feeling that you were indeed sent to help me.? Elistra glared at Ki. She had known someone had been following her. She could feel it. She had even caught sight of her stalker on several occasions and was certain that the man with the blaster aimed at her centre was one and the same. She was sure that he was not an Imperial spy. The Imperials were known for their stealth. This stalker had been careless. She would never have been able to turn the tables on and track an Imperial spy to this warehouse. Besides, Imperial spies were definitely better dressed than the man standing in front of her.

?Lady, I don?t know what you?re talking about,? Ki glared back at her.

?Well, since you?ve been following me for the last few days and you are quite obviously not an Imperial spy,? Elistra looked him up and down, ?I?m guessing you?re the answer to my message.?

?Listen, if you want something shipped, I can help you. As for following you....?

?Ki, she?s fine,? Echan broke in. ? I don?t sense any deception in her. Elistra, I am Echan Caema and this is Zekidos Mahaal. We have been sent by....?

?Now wait a minute Echan. We really don?t want to talk business in front of the kid over there,? Ki interrupted letting his blaster drop to his side.

?Who are you calling a kid, old man? Ohhh,? Drak groaned in pain the shock of his injury having worn off.

Elistra had let her mind shield down and got the full brunt of Drak?s pain. She turned to see the gaping blaster wound.

?How did this happen?? she asked as she grabbed the disinfectant from the Jedi?s hand and finished cleaning the wound. She gently stroked the young man?s brow helping him to relax and ease the agony of the blaster burn.

?Oh, Mr. Arrogant there ran into some Stormtroopers,? Ki snarled and gave a Echan a look that said don?t contradict me. Drak was in no condition to correct Ki?s version of events. ?It?s just a flesh wound.?

?This flesh wound still needs treating. It actually looks like the troopers got more than just flesh though,? Elistra frowned covering the burn with a bacta pad. ?He should be moved to the MedCentre.?

?No chance. I?ll bet there are Stormtroopers looking for both of us right now,? Ki said.

?I?ll be fine,? Drak.mumbled, struggling to stand. ?I?ve seen worse than this.? His efforts at standing failed and Elistra caught him on his way to the floor and unconsciousness.

?Sure, you?re just fine,? Elistra said more to herself than to Drak.

?All right Mahaal, could you get him into your ship, onto a bed of some sort?? Elistra said looking over toward what she thought was Ki?s ship.?Is that piece of junk really your ship. It actually flies??

?Hey, hey. It does just fine. Hasn?t failed me yet,? Ki snapped.

?Well, actually Ki, remember the last flight out of Naboo? We did have a bit of trouble with the Hyperdrive then,? Echan said moving over to help Elistra with the apparently dead-weight that was the Jedi.

?That was just a loose wire if you remember,? Ki said as he strode toward the three. ?And we still got out of there before the Imperials had time to realize we?d taken off. Let?s get this Jedi into the ship and then we can talk business.?

?Jedi?? asked Elistra. ?He?s not part of your group??

?Ya, well he hasn?t asked to become part of our happy little family

19. Aiden_Sanic

Jun 25, 2005
    YAY! Chapter Three! :D

Wonderful post Padawan Kayla, I liked Elistra's character. Very revengy, isn't she? ;)

And you couldn't of made Ekim's character more perfect. EXACTLY the way I would of written him.

Ok guys, feel free to bug me until I write the next chapter :p . No go ahead, I don't mind. It might make me write faster. ;)

20. stormqueen874

Aug 7, 2005
    Oooh, how interesting! I like the way you've continued this; you've certainly gotten Ki and Echan down properly. :D I can't wait for the next update!

Stormqueen

21. PadwanKayla

Jul 2, 2005
    Oh, good Stormqueen. I was really hoping I didn't butcher your characters.

22. stormqueen874

Aug 7, 2005
    Nope, not at all! Ki is a sarcastic, flippant, arrogant sort of guy, and Echan is the voice of reason. I can't wait for the next part; who's turn is it?

23. Iowaweezer

Jun 17, 2005
    Man, this is awesome!! I love how you guys are nailing Drak on the head all the time, his arrogance, his "rogue" Jediness....awesome all around.

Kudos to PadawanKayla for her using, "It's just a flesh wound"! MONTY PYTHON QUOTE!!!

24. PadwanKayla

Jul 2, 2005
    Glad you like the MP quote. :D I figured it would be something Ki would say. So Aiden_Sanic is up next and he's working on it.

25. Aiden_Sanic

Jun 25, 2005
    Hey guys, I almost have the story completley typed, I just need to PM Jags_Gurl on a few things and then you will have your new chapter.

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.