main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Batman: the Dark Knight] An Unwanted Brother: Bruce/Batman and Jack/The Joker as kids; humor/AU

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by DarthNaughtious, Feb 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthNaughtious

DarthNaughtious Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 15, 2005
    Author: DarthNaughtious (Fairlyfelonious on livejournal)
    Title: An Unwanted Brother
    Era: 24-22 years before Batman Begins; Nolan-verse (based on characterizations and events in the most recent Batman movies, not the comics)
    Genre: AU, Humor, Drama
    Characters: Bruce Wayne/Batman; Jack Napier/the Joker; Alfred
    Summary: Bruce wants a puppy for Christmas, but his present turns out to be a little animal that he doesn?t think is quite so cute.
    Prompt: An alternate universe where a child/younger joker is in the care of Bruce. This was written for a Secret Santa challenge on Livejournal.
    Disclaimer: I don?t own Batman and the Joker, nor am I making any money off of them. The quote from ?The Muppet Christmas Carol isn?t mine, either. Also, don?t make things explode, people. You would be punished much more harshly than little Jack would be, because you?re not a six-year-old genius who knows how to use dangerous explosives without understanding why they?re bad.
    A/N: Bruce is about six and eight in the first and second parts respectively; Jack is four and six.

"There's nothing in nature that freezes your heart like years of being alone." (Paul Williams, the Muppet Christmas Carol)

Bruce looked down at the still little form sleeping in the guest bedroom closest to his parents? suit. He hoped that the little monster was actually sleeping this time, instead of just pretending to sleep before waking up with nightmares like it had done hundreds of zillions of times already.

He?d asked for a dog for Christmas, and daddy had told him that he was going to get a surprise for a present, so on Christmas morning, he?d woken up at five a.m. expecting to find a little puppy under the tree just like you see in the movies, but his puppy would grow up to be a big, tough dog that chased down bad guys with the cops like on TV?

But instead of something awesome like that, he?d gotten a baby brother.

To be fair, it wasn?t really a baby, but it cried like one, and it was almost as small as one. And it just hid in its room all day like it was scared of families, or something. Weren?t little brothers supposed to do something more interesting? Like tag around after their big brothers like lost little?like lost little baby animals?

He?d wanted a puppy. His new brother wasn?t even his real brother, just some?scruffy kid that daddy had found in the hospital one day. So what if he had been dehydr?dehydra?so what if his mommy hadn?t taken care of him? Why did that mean Jack had to steal his mommy?

Bruce scowled one more time at the little monster that had ruined his Christmas. He supposed that he wouldn?t sell it to the circus just yet, but if it didn?t stop trying to steal his mommy and daddy away from him, well, it was going to find out how much it liked wearing stupid clown makeup and getting shot through the air by explosives, and other?really horrible stuff. Jack Napier was never going to be his real brother, not if Bruce had anything to say about it.

Two years later?

Bang!

?Nonononono, wait! Gaaaaaah??

Bruce rolled his eyes as the psychotic noises his brother was making.

?Alfred, Jack made something explode again!?

After a moment of silence, Bruce heard hurried footsteps, and then Alfred appeared around the corner carrying a basket of laundry.

?What?? he asked a little too loudly, turning his head slightly so that his good ear was facing Bruce. Alfred had lost his hearing in one ear after the kitchen incident last year. He normally had a top of the line hearing aid, but it was currently getting repaired.

?JACK?EXPLOSION?OUTSIDE!? Bruce yelled at the top of his lungs, flapping his hands wildly as he did so, something he always did by mistake when he had to talk loudly to Alfred, even though he knew that it wouldn?t help the older man hear him.

Alfred winced and covered his good ear protectively, then glared at Bruce. Bruce flushed.

?Oops?I mean, I?m sorry for yelling, Alfred,? he recited in a more normal tone.

Alfred pursed his lips disapprovingly, but waved him of

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww!! That was sad (especially the end!!) but so sweet, too.

3. DarthNaughtious

DarthNaughtious Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 15, 2005
    NYcitygurl: Thanks! I'm glad you liked it. I know it's sad, but hopefully having each other to rely on will help them a little.

4. Raphire

Raphire Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2008
    Wow. I liked this it was kind of sad but really good!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.