main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Be Wary my friends! Warning: Episode III footage has hit the net

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Garth Maul, Jan 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    See tFN main page for details - there has been a leak. But there are minor spoilers in the info, so I would recommend staying away from it completely.

I would like to exhort all 3NSAers to resist the temptation to view the footage.

Stay strong - keep in mind it will be worth it when you see it for the first time on the big screen.

This is the first REALLY BIG TEST for us here at the non-spoiler forum.

I know I'll need your support to keep from watching it.

EDIT: Stinrab, Windy: if this is inappropriate, feel free to delete it. I just thought I'd warn everyone to be careful. ;)

EDIT II: We appreciate the warning GARTH, but a few of our fellow forum mates are too easily tempted by this news. I feel that allowing discussion to continue could lead to a bad end.

2. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    Oh man. I wish I could just curl up into a ball in the corner and wake up in May 2005, it would be so much easier! I saw the link to the news item on TF.net at the bottom of the JCC board and I was very tempted to go look, but I resisted! Huzzah!

3. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    I have it!

34Mb. Had to go into the spoiler forum. Was spoiled. :( That's my fault. :mad:

Showed spoilers in footage, but I've forgotten most already. Wish to forget the rest. Tried to glance through my fingers to watch it all.

Am weak.

4. Crispy_Fried_Dentic

Crispy_Fried_Dentic Jedi Youngling star 2

May 27, 2003
    Thanks for the warning, GARTH. I myself have no interest in seeing any footage of the film, especially so early. I'll tell you why.

Most likely, whatever you see will either be:
    Cut out of the final film
    -or-
    Chopped up, ground-up, folded, spindled, mutilated, edited and special-effects-erized to the point where you'll never recognize it if you saw it in the movie when it comes out anyway.

It's really early to be seeing anything that might even remotely resemble what'll be in EPIII. It's like spy reports and rumor-chasing...who knows if any of that stuff, even if it is true, will make it to the final film. We all know Uncle George changes his mind every 5 minutes.

So maybe you can console yourself with that Pozzi. :)

5. Kavic_Toth

Kavic_Toth Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 9, 2002
    I'll place $20.00 on it here and now, GL 'released' this as 'stolen footage' in his grand scheme to throw everyone off. Any takers?

(And to my S.E.C.R.E.T. S.E.R.V.I.C.E. friends, no, I have not seen it. Nor do I need to. :D)

6. Darth Mulacki

Darth Mulacki Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 4, 1999
    Oh god, why did it have to be realesed?
    When I first saw it the spoiler side of me took hold and I spend half and hour seaching for the clip until I maneged to get my former addiction under control.

I spoiled my self silly with Episode II, so the need for spoilers runs in my blood. Its like trying to quit smoking, which I'm trying right now, you allways think to yourself "just one more then I'll quit" or "one doesn't wont make you start again"

7. Soothsayer

Soothsayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    I really want to see this as well.

To those who have seen it.

Can you tell us how spoilery it is, without giving any spoilers. It is on par with a trailer or worse?

Sadly I read TF.n report and feel that this is more spoilerific than a trailer.

Edit.
    To add to Kavic_Toth theory. Maybe this is the footage that was going to be on the OT DVD's so it being leaked out is not big deal.

Oh who am I kidding, I am just trying to justify being able to watch it.

Maybe if it is spoilery heavy someone will make a fan trailer that takes out a lot of the big spoiler stuff to help tide us over.

Ok Rambling done. Must leave my computer now.

8. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    `Can you tell us how spoilery it is, without giving any spoilers. It is on par with a trailer or worse?'

Tricky to say. I'm trying to think of how to explain it, but I'm not able to without using spoilers. And there's been one thread locked as it was headed that way today already.

I also didn't look at it all - hand over my eyes and trying to peep at it, sort of thing. Too spoilery I guess.
    But it looked AWESOME.

Fight Hard Against it though. :)

EDIT AFTER THREAD IS LOCKED: Windy, I'm sure everyone will learn to thank you when they wait until opening night to see that of the army of Jar Jars, the lone surviour becomes Darth Vader.

Oops... :eek:

:p

9. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Well, I for one think that George Lucas is either:
    a) Pacing around the Ranch, a seething ball of rage... or
    b) ****ing himself laughing, as his ploy has worked. :p

But whether it was deliberate or not, one thing's for sure: there's no such thing as a secret in this day and age ;)

Be strong. [face_plain]

{||||| ?||} -----------------------------

10. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    I am going to once again reiterate that in this forum it is against the rules to even allude to spoilers. It is for this reason, that fielding such questions as, "well, can you tell me how good it is" is not allowed and I thank Pozzi for not doing so. :)

:cool: Mace Windy,
    too windy for spoilers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.