main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Best Videogame Story

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by rogue_wookiee, Sep 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    Final Fantasy 7 :-B

2. AlrikFassbauer

AlrikFassbauer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2003
    Commander Keen ?

3. The_Flargg

The_Flargg Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 29, 2004
    Grandia II has my favorite story. What at first seems like an average RPG tale twists and turns in crazy directions by the end. Does anyone else have that game? Most annoying (yet rewarding to defeat) boss ever: "I will show you the power of god!!" I'll show you power...

The KOTOR games have great stories as well, and what I've played of BG2 is good.

4. Psycho_Sith

Psycho_Sith Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2003
    ...well they are adapting a HALO movie. It's been on comingsoon.net for some time.

5. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    The Guy Game!

6. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    I'm still trying to think it's rumor. Look at how many other movie adoptations have skewered good names. There are many people who want Halo to slip up eventually so they can say "Haha, I knew it, Gamecube is more RoxXxorz."

7. Delta_36

Delta_36 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2005
    ninja gaiden or area 51

8. DARTH_VADER_AND_C3P0

DARTH_VADER_AND_C3P0 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 8, 2003
    Doom 3.
    Halo. (the original, I didn't care for Halo 2's story)
    Half-Life 2.

All great, great stories. An honorable mention would likely be the Spinter Cell series.

9. frog-on-speed

frog-on-speed Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2005
    The Halos and the KOTORs.

10. Dark_Lady_Revan

Dark_Lady_Revan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2005
    Defiance was cool, but I couldn't keep playing it for some reason. Maybe it was too confusing here and there for me or something. I dunno...

But I still can't bear to trade it in. Maybe it's my love for vampires or something. :p

The LoK games should be turned into novels.

11. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    I thought that all of the X-Wing games (except for XvT) had a good story. The Jedi Knight games weren't too bad for story. Doom 3 is pretty good. Half Life 1 and 2 is pretty interesting. Emperor Battle for Dune was a good one if you are a Dune fan. The C&C series was cool (until they made TS, that is). And don't forget Warcraft 1, 2, and 3 and Diablo 1 and 2.

12. CountCuckoo

CountCuckoo Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2005
    Final Fantasy VII or perhaps Prince of Persia: Sands of Time (forgot to include KOTOR and the sequel :oops: )

13. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    FF7 for me. I dunno what's up with all the Halo votes. Ugh, can we say mediocre and unoriginal? Xenosaga Epsiode I got me hooked, but I have yet to play Episode II, but I would almost rather watch them than play them. Luckily it almost works out that way (Hour long cut-scene!? wow) I have so many RPGs it's so hard to pick. FFIV had a ROCKIN story, and FFII had a surprisingly deep one, considering FFI. I think FFVIIIs gameplay will always hinder my appreciation of the story... which is sad. FFIX was a good round house kick to the head, I wasn't expecting it to be as decent as it was. Xenogears... now that's good times. I know I primarily talked about FF and Xeno games, but those are the ones that stuck out... So many good RPGs.

14. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    How could I have forgotten KOTOR?! :oops:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.