main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Black, White, Grey and Red - Ben Skywalker [DDC 2013] - Updated Aug 1st

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Briannakin , Jan 1, 2013.

1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Thanks for reading you guys. Ben has much to slog through. The note will be addressed, eventually.

I can relate to Ben’s situation. The poor kid is only 14 at the moment, and I was that age not too long ago, so of course I have the teenage-acting-up part down pat :p

Tag list: @Lady_Misty TrakNar mavjade immertreu Hazel lukemaraben

BTW: If you would rather a PM/Convo to a tag, let me know.

Data-pad: On.
    Entry 3

Today has been… great. I landed on Ossus and visited the two people I wanted to see: my Kamkam and Tiontion, also known as Master Kam Solusar and Master Tionne Solusar.

My first memories I have are of Kam and Tionne. They took care of me as their own for the first two years of my life while my parents were off saving the galaxy. They will always be my second parents – my Kamkam and Tiontion. I’m the only knight who is allowed to call them by their first names without the word “master.”

Near the end of the war, they both got seriously injured by Darth Caedus’s GAG goonies when he ordered the extinction of all the Jedi Masters. Tionne had both legs and an arm shot off by some idiot major and Kam was shot by a sniper and was seriously injured. I haven’t been to see them and I felt like I should.

I entered the Academy’s medical ward dressed in my nice tan Jedi robes with a big vase of blue irish flowers and a hand held GameGuy. I saw a friend of mine, Naria, working at the front desk. She’s a crème coloured Bothan. If I were a Bothan, I’d probably think she was very beautiful. But we’re just friends. She smiled as soon as she saw me. “Hey there, stranger.”

“Hey, yourself. How are you?” I asked her.

“Overworked and underpaid,” she said with a grin. No Jedi knight is paid, but everything is taken care of for us – no rent, no groceries, no taxes (that we have to pay anyways). “How are you?”

“Fine,” I said. “I finished my last exam yesterday, so I should be getting a diploma once all my stuff is marked and approved.”

“That is, if you passed.”

I rolled my eyes. “Of course I passed. Anyways, can you point me in the direction of the Solustars’ room?”

“It’s about time you paid them a visit. They could use a new face and some smiles,” she said with a heavy sigh. My heart went tight. I was already feeling guilty about not visiting them. “They’re in room 9.”

“Thanks, Naria. Is there anything I need to know before going in there?”

“Master Tionne Solusar still isn’t strong enough to be fitted for cybernetics,” she said. That’s no big deal for me. When I was 6, my dad’s cybernetic hand pretty much imploded and he had to go around for three weeks with no hand. “And Master Kam Solusar will do anything for non-medcenter food at this point. I keep expecting to go in there and he will have Master Tionne at lightsaber-point demanding a nerf steak.”

I laughed. “Aright. I won’t feed the Masters.”

Naria rolled her eyes. “They’re the ones you should be trying to make laugh with your lame jokes.”

“Okay.” I headed towards room 9. I entered to see my Kamkam and Tiontion in standard medcenter beds, both hooked up to monitors and drips. Kam was asleep. His skin looked gray and he looked 10 years older than he actually was. Tiontion was pale. She was covered in thick white blankets, but I could see the stumps she had for legs and a left arm. Her right hand was above the covers. She was awake and reading a datapad.

I thought I was prepared for their condition, but I wasn’t. I wanted to retreat in fear, but Tionne looked up and gave me a huge smile. “Ben!” she exclaimed, surprised delight shone in her silver eyes. “Come here and give me a hug.”

How could I say no to my Tiontion? I slowly approached her bedside and set the flowers on her nightstand. I gave her a gentle hug. She practically radiated joy in the force, which helped put me at ease.

“Thank you, Ben, I needed a hug.” I wasn’t going to tell her, but I had needed one as well. She then reached over and hit Kam with her one hand. “Kam! Get up. We have a visitor.”

Kam slowly woke. “Wha?” He then looked at me. “Ben. It’s good to see you.”

I walked to his side and gave him the GameGuy. “I figured you were probably getting bored in here.”

He gave me a wink. “You arethe best Ben.” He opened his arms and I gave him a hug too.

“Come,” Tionne said, patting the bed where her legs should have been. “Sit. Talk to us. We are getting bored of each other.”

I cautiously took off my boots and got on the bed with her, like I used to do when I was little. I sat at the end of the bed with my legs crossed, allowing myself a small smile.

Of course, the first question was: “How are you?”

“I’m fine,” I replied. “How are you guys?”

“Bored,” Kam answered. “Hungry.”

Tionne shook her head. “Ignore him. He’s just a grumpy old man. We’re fine. I’m expected to be fitted for my cybernetics late next week, so we should be back in our apartment sometime soon.”

We chatted for a few minutes about their recovery and my exams. She then dropped the big question. “How are things between you and your dad?”

I shrugged my shoulders. I wasn’t going to lie to my Tiontion. “I don’t know. Things were fine, but since the war ended, it’s like he doesn’t want me around. I guess it’s partially my fault. He has his life and I have my life,” I rambled. “I yelled at him for forgetting to pick me up yesterday. He just kinda sat there and took it.”

“Ben,” Kam sighed. “If there is one thing that I know in the galaxy, it’s that your father loves you more than anything. No matter what you do, he will love you and want you in his life.”

Tionne took my hand in her own. “You are his life, Ben. You’re exactly like your mother was before she married your father. You are pushing him away because you are afraid of the hurt you may face when you lose him, but if you continue to push him away, you will lose him and it will still hurt. You need each other more than you know.”

“I know that he loves me. But he wants me to see some shrink. He thinks I’m broken or something.”

Kam sighed. “You are not broken Ben, but no one said your life was going to be easy or black and white. You do need to talk to someone about what you have gone through. If you think it needs to be your dad then tell him that you want to speak to him. It might be hard and awkward for you both, but I think you both might need it. He might not realize it, but he has been through a lot too.”

“And if you need to talk to Kam or I, we are just a holocomm away,” Tionne reminds me.

“I know.” I then sigh. “Do you guys have anything you need me to do? I don’t feel like going back just yet.”

Tionne nodded. “It’s fine to need some time to think. I need someone to go to the planet of Kalnoryme. It’s currently uninhabited, but in the Old Republic there was a small Jedi Alcove there. I need someone to go and tell me if I need to go there and salvage anything when I get better.”

I smile. Some time alone on an uninhabited planet might be nice. “Sure. I can do that.”

“Do you mind if I contact your father for you, Ben?” Kam asked. “I’ll tell him that you were here and that you are on a short mission to Kalnoryme for Tionne. And I want to tell him that you want to talk to him when you feel that you are ready.”

“Okay.” My mom used to be the messenger between my dad and me, so I was thankful for Kam’s offer. It’s just easier for someone else to present my requests to my dad. “And tell him that I love him and that I’m sorry for yelling at him.”

We said our goodbyes and they told me to come visit again soon. I think I will. Things always seem a bit clearer after I talk to Kam and Tionne.

I am currently writing this en-route to Kalnoryme. I don’t know if this journal is helping me ‘figure stuff out,’ but it is helping me organize my thoughts.

Entry Saved
    Data-pad: Off.

2. lukemaraben

lukemaraben Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    Ben's nick names for Tionne and Kam are so cute. Great update!

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Bri: :) :) Much better on the Ben front ;) I'm glad he was able to share with some persons he trusts and to listen and also get some clearing-my-head time. Also glad Luke will be getting more of a message/explanation :p [face_sigh] Poor boo needs a hug, both of them. :D

4. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Tionne is pretty smart. I think she nailed it.

And I want to say that I was horrified when I read the profic novel that portrayed their injuries. I was wondering if I was reading a Star Wars novel or the novelization of a sci-fi snuff film. There was way too much violence. The books desperately needed more loving family moments. Nice update.

5. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Kamkam. XD It's perfect, like "Gam-gam."

Still waiting for Luke to have kittens when he finds his kid ran off. :p

6. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    It's wonderful that Ben remembers and regards the Solusars as his second parents. I love it! :)

Jade_eyes likes this.
  7. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    What’s not fine is the current state of the government. Who in the galaxy thought it would be a good idea to let Daala be Chief of State? I have a bad feeling about her. I think my dad and aunt are the ones that need their heads checked by a shrink.

I agree whole heartedly. Whose stupid idea (writers) to make Daala the queen of the universe?

Loved Ben's emotion in this entry

Jade_eyes likes this.
  8. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Both of them need to work it out but I think this time away was good for Ben

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Jade_eyes likes this.
  9. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Thanks for reading everyone. Sometimes a kid just has to take a ride half-way across the galaxy to clear his mind. Also, I think the scene in the LOTF book where Kam and Tionne were injured was just way to violent for the story. There was a couple things near the end of LOTF (like the scene where Ben is tortured by Darth Poo) that I just thought were just too much, especially for the supposed pg-13 rating people give the series, but I have mentioned such things in this diary because I think they need to be dealt with.

Tag list: @Lady_Misty TrakNar mavjade immertreu Hazel lukemaraben
    If you would rather a convo instead of a tag, let me know.

Entry 4

My hands are shaking, but I need to write this out. I know someone is going to find me, but I’m no medic. I don’t know if going to be awake – I’m having problems staying conscious now – and my family will want to know what happened. I know I have a concussion so this might not be very well written.

When I entered Kalnoryme’s atmosphere, I scanned the planet and went towards the first building I found. It wasn’t the Jedi Alcove – or maybe it was and smugglers or pirates simply outfitted it to their own needs. Anyways, the building’s automatic devices went online and shot me down when I got close. I thought it was the Jedi Alcove so I was lured into a false sense of security.

Anyways, it shot my stealth X and I manage to eject both myself and my mother’s R5 unit before the ship crashed. I have no idea where R5 is now. Please find her. I managed to grab the survival kit before I ejected. I ate half of one ration bar before I vomited. I managed to drink a bit of one of the tetra packs or water.

As I said before, I have a concussion. Even with my helmet, I smashed my head against the ground pretty hard. I have some bruises and I think two of my ribs are cracked. It’s my knee that worries me the most. About two centimeters of bone is sticking my left knee. I have it bandaged, but it’s still bleeding a lot.

I am so tired and my body hurts. I’ve been in more dire situations, but I have never been physically injured this badly.

I just want my dad. If someone is reading this as I am floating in a bacta tank, make sure my dad is there when I wake up. I want him. I need him.

Entry Saved

10. Demendora

Demendora Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2010
    Oh Ben! You wanna give your dad a heart arrack or something? Because you are digging his grave by such things.

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh, poor sweetie. [:D] [:D] !!!!

12. Hazel

Nov 9, 2010
    Outch outch and double outch!!! I see Ben has inherited his father's propensity for trouble.

13. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Well at least Ben was able to share some of his frustrations with someone besides family.

Ben is hurt?

This is really going to upset Luke on many levels. :(

14. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Oh, no...that's just so horrible...and Ben wants his dad (so would I). Yeah, I agree with everyone else..Luke is going to go bonkers.

15. lukemaraben

lukemaraben Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    Oh, NO! Poor Ben! Great update.

16. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    :( This breaks my heart!! I hope Luke is there when Ben wakes.

17. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Poor Ben! My busted knee feels his pain. :(

Though, at the same time, I also want to wag my finger at him and tell him that he should not have run away.

Lady_Misty likes this.
  18. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Poor Ben. I hope he will get care soon for his knee

19. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Ack! Missed an update! I loved Ben's talk with the Solusar's!
    So sweet! and I'm glad they backed up Luke in the Ben needs to talk to someone. :)

Oh no... my Ben! That last line was just killer!
    I can't wait to find out what happens next!

20. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    Wow, Bria. Nice choice of diary. Huzzah for addressing the nasty business after the fact.

Luke sure must be freaking out... and something's happened to Ben, so that won't help at all.

Add me to the tag list please?

21. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Thanks everyone! It's pretty safe to say that Luke is flipping shavit right about now.

Tag list: @Lady_Misty TrakNar mavjade immertreu Hazel lukemaraben Katana_Sundancer

Entry 5

I spent that night in pain, trying to keep warm. The morning after I was shot down, I was semi-lucid – drifting in and out of consciousness – when I heard the most familiar sound I know: the Jade Shadow.

As the ship landed, I tried to sit up – I landed in some pretty tall grass. I was upright long enough to see my father’s figure rushing towards me. My father came for me. I’ve never been so relived in my life.

“Ben! Ben!” he shouted. He arrived at my side and immediately looked into my eyes.

“Hey Dad, nice of you to show up.” I tried smirking but I felt myself falling asleep from exhaustion. “Why are you always late?”

He somehow looked old as he held me close for a long time. “Oh, Ben. I’m so glad that you’re safe. Never leave me a note again.” He waved one finger in front of me. “How many fingers am I holding up?”

“Fourteen,” I replied.

He cracked a smile, knowing I was kidding. “Darn, you didn’t get the sarcasm knocked out of you. Can you stand?”

“No. My knee is really kriffed up.”

“Okay.” He nodded and went to unpeel the blood-soaked cloth I put around my leg. When he did, I gasped in pain and he gasped in horror. “Ben, I’m going to go get the hover-gurney, alright?”

“Okay, but make sure you find R5-V6. She got ejected. You have to –.”

“Yes Ben.” He knows R5 is one of the closest links to my mother. “I’ll send R2 to go get her. I’ll be right back.”

I chuckled. R2 and R5 are like an old married couple. They pretend they hate each other, but really, they’d be devastated if something happened to the other. They are almost as bad as R2 and C-3PO

My father got me into the small med-bay and transferred me onto the bed; putting pillows under my knee and helping me sit back. “I’m just going to make sure the droids got back and get us into hyperspace. Is there anything you need before I go?”

“No, Dad, just come back quickly.” I gave him a smile.

My father came back moments after I felt the ship converting to hyperspace. He brought in with him some ration bars and a few juice pouches. “I want you to eat something.” He gave me the food and started going through the various drawers.

I opened one of the juice pouches and began to sip it.

“I quickly contacted Cilghal. She has a bacta tank open and ready for you.” He came to my side with several hypo-syringes.

“You’d think she’d have a tank with ‘Reserved for Skywalkers’ written on it.”

My father shook his head. “You should suggest that when you get in there tomorrow.” He began to cut my pant leg away from the wound. Gesturing to the ration bars he said, “I’d thought you’d be starving.”

“I’m not feeling well. I would really like to talk to you about some stuff,” I hinted at repairing our relationship. I never realized how much I needed him until today. “But I just want to sleep. I feel so tired, I just want to vomit.”

“Okay. You probably have a concussion but since you survived the night, I’m not going to worry about waking you up every two hours,” he said as he got a bottle of pills. He took one out for me. “This will knock you out probably until you get out of the tank.” He gave it to me. “And when you want to talk, just tell me.”

“Thanks Dad.” I took the pills and he helped my lay back. I was instantly feeling drowsy. He got me a blanket and tucked in my upper body. “I’m sorry for what I said in the speeder and I’m sorry for leaving you with just a note.”

“It’s okay. I would like to talk about the note when you are ready. But I want you to know that I love you. You are my life.”

I actually wanted to start crying. I blame it on the pain and the drugs. “I know. I love you too, Dad.” I fell asleep moments afterwards.

Entry Saved

Entry 6

I’m simply typing this because I’m bored. My father is gone to sign some forms so that he can take me home. I got out of the bacta tank a few hours ago and now I’m fully recovered. My father said that they had to put adamantium screws in my knee, but I don’t have a cast and I’ve already been walking around. He was at my side when I woke up and I’m glad that he was. We haven’t really talked yet – I’m still quite drowsy from the drugs. I typed up the last entry while I was still half asleep. That’s why it ended so abruptly – I needed a nap.

I quickly holo-commed Tionne and Kam when my father left to bring me some real clothes. They were worried about me, but I assured them that I was fine.

I hear my father coming back. I don’t want him to know I’m keeping a journal

Entry Saved

Jade_eyes likes this.
  22. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Ben's worry about Luke finding out that he's keeping a journal... It's as if journals were taboo or something in that household. If Ben were to see that psychologist that Luke suggested, the psychologist would suggest that Ben keep a journal. So, why the fear over keeping a journal? Is he worried that Luke will become a snoop?

23. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Well, at least he's able to make jokes. Bu still Be...DON"T EVER Frighten you dad again!

Ben is all Luke has.....you're absolutely right, I believe Luke does regard Ben as his life... not only because he's his son, but also the only thing he has left from Mara

Jade_eyes likes this.
  24. Hazel

Nov 9, 2010
    I'm glad Ben is better already but ... DON'T EVER DO THAT AGAIN YOUNG MAN!!

Jade_eyes likes this.
  25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Bri: I loved this update. It's a very promising start to opening up communication lines again :) :) Ben's tone is just right and Luke is a darling, always, still. Like we all know that LOL Glad also Ben's injuries weren't even more serious. @};-