main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Blaster effects

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by DMZBADGER, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DMZBADGER

DMZBADGER Jedi Youngling star 2

May 31, 2002
    Ok don't yell at me...I know there are tutorials here on blaster effects...I am using one of them as I type...but by the looks of it you can move the x and y axis around to make it a certain angle...problem is I have a shot coming in from off camera ..almost like it came over the camera mans shoulder and hits the target in front of him.

is there a way in AF to have the z axis changed for a more 3d type blaster shot?

2. CaptSparrow

CaptSparrow Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 5, 2006
    If you use the Beam effect in After Effects, then you can change the starting and ending width of the laser to fake the appearence of it coming offscreen in a three dimensional manner.

3. StevenBills

StevenBills Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2006
    Called Perspective.

SB

4. OutlawImpy

OutlawImpy Jedi Master star 2

Dec 1, 2003
    I used the same animation for all my blaster shots and just corner pinned it in AE.

5. DMZBADGER

May 31, 2002
    That's great news...yes I am using "beam" with a white center and a red glowing outside of the beam.

Only problem I am having now is there is a red dot that stays on the characters head..were he gets hit. I have 4 keys on the timeline.

6. Ende

Ende Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 18, 2006
    To get rid of the dot, just keyframe the opacity, to fade out/ vanish after the hit.

7. DMZBADGER

May 31, 2002
    I'll give that a whirl...if for some reason I can't get it the way I need it...anyone here want to take a shot at it?

8. DMZBADGER

May 31, 2002
    I must be retarded....can't get this thing to work...ARggghhhh

If anyone has a moment in their busy lives and would like to pm me on how to get this thing finished that would be awesome.

9. fjrsm

fjrsm Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 25, 2007
    Send me the AE project.

fireesphere@gmail.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.