main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Bloodlines of The Nephilim in The Bible

Discussion in 'Community' started by Green_Destiny_Sword, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    These nephilim. Is there proof of existence other than the bible?

2. Green_Destiny_Sword

Green_Destiny_Sword Force Ghost star 5

Jun 20, 2001
    Once again, if you're interested in proof, start a "Prove Nephilim To Me Please" thread. I don't care if you doubt it, are unconvinced or otherwise. This thread is not trying to prove their existence or one time existence. It is about the account from the Bible and certain aspects of it. The article was cited not because it is proof, but because it is one of the few articles on the web that outlines their lineage in the Biblical account. So these attempts at asking for substantive proof of something after pages of trolling are just pointless.

To Paraphrase Snoop Dogg*: "You're doing too much."

Snoop Dogg: http://snoopdogg.com/

Diggy likes this.
  3. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Again, what are people actually supposed to be posting to avoid trolling this thread?

4. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Either knitting or not posting at all, it seems.

5. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    But it doesn't outline the biblical account. It has quotes surrounded by opinion.

But let's drag it back for arguments sake. What makes you think the bible is an accurate account of anything?

6. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Oh well, I tried to be constructive :p

7. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    To be more specific, no one else accepts that:

1. The Nephilim represent angel/human interbreeding
    2. That giants after the Flood represent any connection to anyone pre-diluvian figure, giant or otherwise

They think your whole premise is wrong.

jp-30 likes this.
  8. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Giants after the flood represent various NBA teams.

9. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Well, that is what the Ancient Jews believed. Of course, I don't think it's literal, it's a myth, but an interesting one.

(I haven't looked at the site linked to in the OP, so no idea on what it says in that)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nephilim#Interpretations

10. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    That is what we have evidence some sects of ancient Jews believed in the Third Temple period, well after they had seen significant exposure to Hellenism and the religion was taking multiple, highly diverse directions simultaneously. That's not really a guide to much.

11. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I think Paul alluded to it in Corinthians, saying women need to cover their heads from the angels. And it's mentioned in some other places too I believe, with many Jews and Christians around the 1st century counting the Book of Enoch as canon.

Just saying it wasn't nobody, it does have some historical basis.

TOSCHESTATION likes this.
  12. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    I just want to clarify that in spite of its flaws, Halle Berry is very comely and I don't think she should be blamed for the relative failure that was Die Another Day. Also, the sword fight part was good. Also, I don't know that James Bond was really that stellar a franchise to begin with. But yes. In any case, that was only for the sake of example.

13. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    So......to answer the TC's question about how the Nephilim came back...the website you posted says so itself doesn't it? It says that "Noah and his sons were 100% human" but that it's possible that some of his daughters-in-law had Nephilim DNA in them, and I guess eventually over several generations they came back? And then there was some section later that says how there was some ritual by which some people were transformed into Nephilim or something...

14. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    This thread is just...you guys shouldn't have! It isn't even my birthday for months!

15. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Emperor_Billy_Bob Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 9, 2000
    Yeah, this is that kinda thread.

16. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    A total JCC one? [face_love]

17. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Maybe this is how Jesus was actually born. He was the result of Mary being angel raped. It all makes sense.

18. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    That would explain why a middle eastern jew was blonde haired and blue eyed.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  19. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    It would be so cool if it was all true. We'd have giants and aliens and gods that like to come down and fornicate and Raiders Of The Lost Ark would be a documentary.

20. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    In just another demonstration of their idiocy, they become so invested in their own theory that they ignore how blatantly it contradicts the source material. Their argument is that God was so determined to rid the world of angel/human hybrids that he created a plague powerful enough to destroy most life on the planet. In numbering the less than one dozen people who would be spared from this calamity, he then chooses. . .an angel/human hybrid.

We can just stop there.

21. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Well according to that website, God had to purge all the humans who had Nephilim DNA in them in order so that the Messiah would be born fully human. Though now that I think about it, Jesus was not the product of a sexual union so he should have been human regardless, unless...meh I don't want to think about this anymore lol.