main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Bo-Katan in Rebels (or anyother NEU material)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by jamminjedi23, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    It was good to see Bo-Katan again, but I don't like how they failed to mention her role in Death Watch. She did some really bad things.
    Anyone else wondering how old Bo-Katan is? I would guess early 50s.

2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

Who was her child?

3. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
    you can stay that i mean look at DCEU it tries to be darker then MCU but fails

4. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    Officially, in canon, she doesn't have a child. However, I developed a story that gives her one...a daughter...about 1-2 years after RotS. I've posted various draft synopsis of the story idea, titled "The Kenobi Connection", here in these forums and elsewhere. If I was more of a writer I'd have written out the whole story by now, but I've only been able to develop a basic story synopsis. I did attempt to write out a couple scenes though. Since its inception there has been no conflict with official canon. I thought that Rebels would have something in it that would prove my idea wrong, but so far so good. Since my story idea also connects with the ST, I'm waiting to see what we get from TLJ to see if it will put the nail in the coffin of my story or not.

If you're interested in the story idea, PM me.

5. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

If it also involves a former resident of Jakku, I'm highly interested.
    [​IMG]

Skywalker2B likes this.
  6. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Ah I remember all the "Sabine is Bo-Katan's daughter" theories. Glad that didn't happen.

CoolyFett and Skywalker2B like this.
  7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I thought it would've been an interesting tie-in. Instead they had her mother be a somewhat expendable character of which before Rebels you had really no connection with.

8. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    Well before Rebels we didn't even know Sabine herself was yet, its hard to have a connection with a character that you don't know exists, every character starts off somewhere. I figured she would've been Rook Kast. We haven't seen Ursa much but she's pretty cool.

But either way, I still think it was better than Bo-Katan being her mother.

9. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Well in fairness Sabine wouldn't have been alive yet during the siege on Mandalore that the later TCW episodes covered. Hypothetically Bo-Katan could've had a daughter in the years after.

10. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    Sabine was born 2 years before The Empire is formed which happens at the end of ROTS. Wasn't the Siege Of Mandalore supposed to tie in with ROTS very closely, as in ROTS happens immediately afterwards?

11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Well you'd have to consult the timeline to weigh in on Sabine's birthday relative to the Siege of Mandalore.

12. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    I had a look, Sabine was born 21BBY. The Siege of Mandalore happened 19BBY. So yeah, Sabine was two years old when it happened.

13. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

The more I think about it, we're talking about two different things here. I was actually referring to the "Siege" of Mandalore being when Darth Maul led Death Squad to take over the capital; not when the Republic's army fought to free it. TCW's "The Lawless" episode was the time frame I was talking about (at least the tail end of it).

14. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    Isn't that still relatively close? Maul wasn't imprisoned for long by Deathwatch after being betrayed and he didn't rule for long after killing Vizsla, Sidious was quick to come knockin.

15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I'm not sure offhand if the timeframe was in months or years, but "The Lawless" episode certainly took place before Order 66. Case in point, Anakin was still friends with Obi-Wan at that point :)

16. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Hmmm I wonder if Bo was telling the truth when she said that force sensitive restraining device was the last one. You have to wonder what her intentions were once she took over Mandalore. TBH she didn't exactly sound truthful to me.

17. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Ive seen this mentioned a few times about Bo Katan "doing bad things" Satine may have been the actual bad guy from a certain point of view. Many Mandalorians didnt like how Satine did things. Im assuming Bo Katan is younger than Satine, but Im also curious about their other sibling. (Me thinking why can't Disney make a movie of young Obi Wan & Satine with younger Qui Gon, somewhere around 39BBY-34BBY)

Wasnt Luminara in one of those boxes held by the Empire when Ezra and Kanan went to rescue her?

Last edited: May 1, 2020
  18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    What were the bad things that Satine could've been accused of doing? I guess if you want to suggest not having forcible thumb on the corruption going on throughout Mandalore right under her nose. I think it's unfair to suggest Pacifism/Neutrality is a "bad" thing.

And I was thinking that too regarding Luminara's sarcophagus in Rebels. Obviously that too was made specifically for a Force-wielder.

Meeko Ghintee and Darth Dnej like this.
  19. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Satine's insistence on neutrality plunged Mandalore into an economic catastrophe. The reason Almec was looking the other way with Black Market trade was because Mandalore's neutrality was unsustainable in a bipolar galaxy. I doubt either instituted an embargo, but neither the Republic or the Separatists would meet them in the middle with trade deals without an accord on support towards their war effort.

20. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    Me personally, I kinda view burning down a village of innocent people and a naïve foreign policy based on neutrality as different categories of “bad guy.” Especially considering that the war was part of an evil space wizard’s plot.

Darth Dnej likes this.