main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bonds of the Released, BIG JA AU, 2/23

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by TheSwedishJedi, Nov 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    Hey great post Swede!
    Can't wait till next week!

2. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    Yes, the will of the Force. Accept it Qui-Gon, even in AUs you and Obi belong together. Besides, I think Qui-Gon and Obi will need it if that mysterious figure has his way. :) I wonder what the council will think.

3. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    The Council'll probably get in their way, as usual... ;)

Great post, Swede. :)

= Clare =

4. SilverWander

SilverWander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2001
    Alright tomarrow is Saturday!
    Horray!!!!!!

:)

:p

5. SilverWander

Jun 18, 2001
    It's Saturday!!!!!

Do we get a postie???

6. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    Umm, since I was so busy this week, I didn't have any time to write on this. I'm slowly working on this but it'll probably be a while.

7. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Love your new sig Swede. I'm afraid that says it all ( I'm the queen of procrastination!)

8. SilverWander

Jun 18, 2001
    *Sighs*

Ok I just wait and wait and wait
    Untill sometime a postie will magicly apear!!

:D

9. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Since I'm getting blackmailed by people on other threads, ( :mad: very cruel) I thought I might as while post. But be warned, it's not very long and if I'm putting this up now, I might not have something ready by Sat.

?You know there?s a Code about only being able to train one Padawan at a time.? The Knight said as she settled the group on the grass.

?Well then you will have no problems since you only have one Padawan.? Qui-Gon replied back.

Obi-Wan sat in between the large businessman and Bant, Shmi on the other side of Qui-Gon. Obi-Wan copied the lotus position Bant was in, folding his legs in front of him. He kept eyeing the girl to see what he should be doing since Knight Tahl had yet to tell them anything.

Finally the Knight seemed to be ready and started. She told them once again what the Force was but went into more detail, telling and giving examples of how the Jedi used the power. She lifted various things, used her lightsaber, and did some other tricks with the Force. Since her audience was at such different skill levels, she took them each aside for some more one-on-one teaching.

With Bant, Tahl had her Padawan work on meditation and some kind of fighting called a kata. Obi-Wan watched with interest as the young girl used her glowing blade in a series of twists and jabs, creating a pattern of light in the air. The former slave found himself mimicking the movements from where he stood next to Shmi. Realizing what he was doing, he blushed and stopped. Shmi just smiled warmly down at him, eyes sparkling in amusement.

They turned their attention to see Tahl telling Qui-Gon how to strengthen his shields and pick out whether someone was lying or not. The tall businessman nodded after she was done then settled down on the ground to mediate. At last the Knight turned to the last two. She smiled as she walked over to them.

?Well, now let?s see what I can do with you two.? Once again the Knight told them what and how to mediate. How to reach out to the Force to be able to use it but also listen to what it had to say. She didn?t teach them how to levitate; they weren?t far enough along even if she was willing to show them.

Obi-Wan paid attention as best he could, storing all that he understood to memory. The most important seemed to be about the different sides of the Force, Light and Dark. The Jedi emphasized that fear and anger lead to the Dark Side, something that all Jedi avoided like a plague.

Every now and then, Obi-Wan risked a quick glance over at the Padawan still working on her katas. His eyes followed the smooth line of limbs and weapon as they moved through the air.

?You ever fight before, Obi-Wan??

Obi-Wan started at the Knight?s voice. He looked back to her see her watching him closely.

?No, ma?am. Most slaves weren?t allowed to fight.?

?And the one?s that did??

?They were just for fighting other slaves.? Shmi spoke up.

?Hmm, yes. Betting right??

Shmi nodded.

?Would you like to learn to fight, Obi-Wan??

Obi-Wan looked at her shyly. ?I don?t want to hurt anyone but I?d like to be able to do that.? He said motioning to Bant.

?Why do you say that??

Obi-Wan shrugged. ?I don?t know. I?d just like to, if it?s not a problem. It looks blasting.?

Tahl raised an eyebrow.

?He likes it a lot.? Shmi translated.

?Ah.? Tahl turned to think, watching her Padawan as she did. Shmi and Obi-Wan watched to. Obi-Wan wished he could fight like that. Then he wouldn?t have to be afraid of anyone ever making him a slave again. Plus, he wasn?t sure why, but it felt right to know how to fight like that.

?No Padawan, you need to keep your arm up.? Tahl called to Bant. The girl paused in her movements to listen to her teacher. ?Your right arm goes up and over as your left comes down. Not across.?

?Yes, Master.? Bant said then did it again.

?Better.? The Knight called. Still watching the girl she addressed Obi-Wan. ?There?s n

10. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Well, well, well, I guess blackmail does pay :)

I will meditate on my slippage into the dark side :D

Now, since I dont actually have a post for Going Home, i better get writing. My, my, but you were quick :)

But before i go.......... :) THANKS :)

11. Tahiri

Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    Great post!

12. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Consider this an apology for ganging up on you in the other thread. But we addicts will do anything for a FFic fix.
    \
    Thanks....that should hold for a few days.

13. Jedi-Starlight

Jedi-Starlight Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2002
    I am beginning to de-lurk from all the threads I've been "peeking" at since I've registered. This is great, especially since Qui-Gon and/or Obi-Wan are not evil, demonically posssessed beings. Usually it's Qui-Gon.

Keep posting, PLEASE!!!!!

14. SilverWander

Jun 18, 2001
    Good postie!

I liked it!

:)

Whats all this about black mail??? ?[face_plain]

15. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Nothing you need to worry about, Silver. Just some of your fellow readers thought they would try and get a post from me by withholding a post from another story I was reading. It was very cruel. :p j/k No harm done, PadawanKitara and shanobi. :D

So this is my attempt at romance. Hopefully it will work.

Tahl continued with the small lessons until late noon when a servant brought out a large basket of food. She wasn?t going to start teaching Obi-Wan any katas until she felt he understood the Force more. The five pulled out the picnic clothe and quickly set out the food for lunch besides one of the large trees growing in the open field. Obi-Wan piled food on his plate still amazed that he could eat until he was full. Bant giggled as the boy took turns between filling his plate and filling his mouth. She never thought she could eat near as much as he could.

The three adults dished out their own servings. Qui-Gon seemed to be competing with Obi-Wan on how much he could eat while Shmi and Tahl commented that they had to watch their figures. Qui-Gon gave them both a look at that but wisely decided to stay away from anything that evolved women, food and weight.

The group ate peacefully, the adults doing most of the talking since Obi-Wan had his mouth full almost all the time and Bant wasn?t used to so many strangers. Tahl told about past missions of hers and life at the Jedi Temple. Qui-Gon listened with half an ear since he had heard many of them already. Shmi nodded as she listened, asking questions every now and then

They finally settled back to relax; well Shmi and Qui-Gon did. Tahl took Bant off a ways to mediate together. Qui-Gon leaned up against the tree, Shmi by his side, to watch between his friend and Obi-Wan who at last seemed to be full.

The young one definitely looked better than when he had first seen him, the older man mused. Obi-Wan was starting to gain some muscle on him though from his built, Qui-Gon knew the boy was going to be small and wiry until he was much older. Obi-Wan had more color in his face and was almost always smiling now, happy to be alive and well.

At the moment, Obi-Wan was chewing on the last of the sandwiches, gazing out at the Jedi duo. He swallowed then turned to look at Qui-Gon. A shy grin crossed his face. He crawled over to sit by the man?s side.

?Thank you, Qui-Gon. I never thought my life could end up like this.?

Qui-Gon smiled back. ?I?m only glad I could help you, young one. Both you and Shmi have come to mean much to me.?

Obi-Wan moved so he was facing the Jedi again. Peace and happiness pulsed over the bond. Qui-Gon questioned whether he should tell the boy now or wait until he had more information.

Sighing, the businessman moved his arm around and over the boy?s shoulders. Obi-Wan?s smiled brighten and he leaned into the man?s side. Qui-Gon glanced at Shmi. She smiled at him then at Obi-Wan. Qui-Gon had the sudden urge to pull Shmi close to him too, but he didn?t want to push his luck. He was happy enough to just have her sitting next to him.

?It?s very peaceful here.? Shmi spoke softly.

?Yes,? Qui-Gon answered. ?I couldn?t think of a better place to have my home.?

?It?s so different from Tatooine. Everything is green and full of life here. Sometimes it seemed like all there ever was, was sand and sun.?

?It had to be a very hard life.? Qui-Gon commented.

?Yes, but we got through it. And Obi-Wan is right, I never thought life could turn out like this.? The women leaned back on the tree and sighed. Qui-Gon followed suit, absently stroking the boy on his side. Obi-Wan just nestled further in on him.

?You will have to see the gardens in spring.? Qui-Gon said after awhile. ?When all the flowers are in bloom and everything is fresh and green. It is really a sight to see.?

?Oh?? Shmi said. ?It gets better then this??

?Oh, yes. I love the cool, early spring air. I do most of my gardening in the morning before the sun gets high.?

?You do the gardening??

?Not all of it, but I have some

16. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
  17. Loryn_Wilde

Loryn_Wilde Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2002
    AWWWWWWW. Pooooor precious Obi. Your mush is fantastic, by the way, so is this whole story. Very sweet btwn Shmi and Qui.

18. SilverWander

Jun 18, 2001
    :eek: POOR OBI

Was it a dream or vision ? ?[face_plain]

Good postie!!!

19. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Wow someone stick on the Star Wars equivilant of Barry White! [face_love] Seriously though Swede I loved how Qui wasn't rushing in. Very nice! And poor Obi. He may not be a Jedi but he's still getting those nasty nightmares/visions. Poor kid...

20. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Uh Oh, It's gotta be a vision. Doesnt sound like a very good one either.

I love the interaction between Qui and Obi. Its nice to see him being nice to Obi from the start, the big protector :)

So glad you were able to post again this week. Sounds like things might be pickimg up....cant wait.

21. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Thanks for the post Swede, You do great mush!

22. Seeker2

Seeker2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 2001
    *lumbers in riding polar bear*

Hello!

My comment for this story: So far, so good. But you still haven't told us what type of bond Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan have...

*arches eyebrow sosphisticatedly*

Yeah.. anyway...

I once dated a man because he told me he had an incurable disease.

I didn't realize it was stupidity.

23. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Um, ok Seeker2. A polar bear?

'Til nest week guys. (Hehe, it's my b-day that Sun. :D )

~Swede :p

24. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
  25. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    :eek: :eek: A vision?? That's so interesting! Post soon!! I liked the allusion to a bond between Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.