main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Bring Me to Life (Obidala, Episode III)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AERYN_SUN, Apr 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    Bring Me to Life
    By obi?s girl

Summary: After Padmé learns about Anakin from Obi-Wan, she attempts to commit suicide...

Padmé Amidala gripped the railing of the balcony, staring down at the lake and the lost horizon. So much had changed in the last three years, more for worse than better. She sighed and looked down at her hand, and the green Jappor snippet Anakin had given her when she was fourteen. She loved him then, she knew but it wasn't enough. Love wasn't enough to keep him from falling.

She gripped the railing more firmly, staring again at the lake and then at her Jappor snippet again. She'd lost Anakin...Obi-Wan came to her a couple days ago and told her everything; Padmé took it all in stride, which worried the Jedi Master greatly. He worried about leaving her alone, but she insisted she would be fine.

Padmé laughed to herself, except I'm not. She looked down at her other hand, a small Nubian pistol in it. What else did she have to live for anyway? Anakin wasn't coming back, not to her anyway because he found a new love. Obi-Wan himself even said it he was so full of hate and anger, he could feel his apprentice's pain and inner turmoil.

As Padmé stood there, holding the Jappor snippet in one hand and the pistol in the other, it started to rain and she loosened her grip on the railing. Raining today, the crying sky, just like my heart is, Padmé thought. How fitting. Finally, Padmé brought the pistol to her head, ready to pull the trigger when she felt a strong arm pull her back from the railing and take hold of the pistol. She looked up at the face and rolled her eyes...She really didn't want to see him, but he was there anyway.

"Leave me, Obi-Wan. Please, leave me," Padmé cried but he held her wrists firmly, not willing to let go.

He nodded, "No Padmé, death isn't the way. You die, the Emperor wins and all hope is lost..."

"All hope is lost, Obi-Wan!" she cried and broke free of his grip, throwing the Jappor snippet onto the watery ground. "I can't live like this, Ben. How am I supposed to live my life without him? I have to end it, there's no other way,"

Obi-Wan sighed as he stood there, staring at her. Her face was pale, probably from not eating in the last couple days. He blamed himself so much for what happened...He knew Anakin's fall was his fault but too see Padmé give up all hope, ached his soul. "Padmé, listen to me. Come inside..." He looked down at the pistol, "If this doesn't kill you, pneumonia will and you need to eat,"

"What does it matter?" she asked, "Tomorrow isn't going to change. The darkness will still be there..."

"It does matter, Padmé," he whispered and looked at the horizon, "It matters because you're pregnant with twins,"

She turned and looked at him, not really sure how to respond to that statement until she slapped his face. Padmé stood still before crying again, adding more red to her eyes and touched his face, "I'm sorry, Ben. I'm sorry...I just..."

He grabbed her into his arms and hugged her, "I understand, Padmé,"

"Didn't he love me enough? Why couldn't I save him?" she questioned, her tears flowing more freely now.

"I ask myself the same thing every time I close my eyes and relive those horrid last moments," he whispered and kissed her forehead, "But this is a sign, Padmé."

She shrugged and looked at him, "Sign? Don't you mean a bad omen?"

Obi-Wan smiled, brushing her cheek, "No, not a bad omen. I meant, we will have a new hope, Padmé. With your twins, we can redeem the galaxy and Anakin, hopefully bring him back to the good side one day,"

"That's crazy, Obi-Wan. You said yourself it wasn't possible..."

"I know, but Padmé, if they are as strong as their father, I know it's possible," he said, "We'll get him back, I promise you that," he whispered, "And you'll be reunited with him,"

She looked at him curiously, "What about you?"

He shrugged, "What about me?"

"Obi-Wan, he was your son...You loved him so much too...Don't you have faith you'll be reunited again?"

"I wish the same if Qui-Gon were

2. Lady-Kenobi

Lady-Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Mar 5, 2003
    Wonderful as usual! Hope you're having a Happy Birthday!

3. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Not so much Lady (that's why it's a sad one and not a happy viggie). I was in a car accident. A drunk driver hit out car. We spent the night at the hospital over night. My whole body is just aching.

~aeryn

4. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    {{healing hugs to Aeryn}} I know how you feel Aeryn. The same thing happened to me on my 17th birthday. Despite the sadness of the viggie, this was a beautiful viggie.

~~Jilly

5. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    thanks, jd. the guy was caught, thankfully. but i'm not so excited anymore about celebrating my birthday.

~aeryn

6. messicat_kenobi

messicat_kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    How sad, but it's good that they've got each other.

I just love Obidala!

7. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    this fic has an underlying meanings. one, i wrote it on my birthday and was a big reflection of my feelings at the time (since i was a victim of a drunk driving accident/hit and run).

writing this fic was good therapy for me.

~aeryn

8. messicat_kenobi

messicat_kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Well, my Obidala viggie was great therapy. Writing is great like that, you can write about things and noone has any idea what you are *really* writing about underneath it all. Did you get the name of this viggie from the Evanescence song?

9. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    I was originally going to make this fic a song fic, but I didn't want to make it too long so I cut the song fic idea.

~aeryn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.