main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD Brisbane Supanova 2008 ( 4 - 6 April )

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by morgan-aleghieri, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Heh.

If screenshots are what you desire, Magnus, it would be extremely easy. Fire up the game, load up the commentary on Well (I think) and there's a section where the entire team is lined up. Exercise the F5 key and you'll get as much costume detail as your poor eyes can handle.

I could see you as the spy. For some reason, I think I could see you as the sniper, too. Big aviator sunglasses, slouch hat, etc. The more... laid back classes, I guess. :p

2. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    I'd need a horrible Australian accent too...oh wait :p

Actually, I remember Goob or yourself mentioning at the LAN that there were a bunch of shots around of various groups in TF2 costumes. Any chance you could point those out please?

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

3. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    I'd need a horrible Australian accent too...oh wait

Well, I didn't want to say anything, but... :p

As for those group shots I was mentioning, yeah, actually, I can point them out, as it happens.

NCSoft
    LucasArts
    PC Gamer
    Volition
    Nihilistic Software
    EA Los Angeles
    Blizzard
    Bioware

I really do love Google Reader and its ability to search any and all RSS feeds you're subscribed to. Makes tracking down half-remembered news items take mere seconds.

4. Last_Chael

Last_Chael Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2006
    Hahah well I got no idea about the game (as I'm not a game player) but looking at the shots it looks like there's a medic or Dr or something. Just thought I'd offer up my lab coat and stethescope from my Dr Fraiser costume if anyone is interested!

5. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    I'll take the labcoat, plzkthx :p ;)

6. Last_Chael

Last_Chael Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2006
    Hahaha that was quick! And you are most assuredly welcome to it! :D

7. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
  8. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    If we're going to do a TF2 group, I am all over that like white on rice. Dibs on Heavy. all I need is a skin-cap and somehow get myself a minigun and there we go.

9. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Was just reminded by CJ that this was less than 2 months away.

You guys should totally do a tf2 group. be funny.

I would need to get a little..."fitter" to fit into any costumes I'd like to wear from previous years. If we're fireflying, I'd love to reprise Zoe. But will also be going to get to see CJ's cool creations.

It's not everyone's thing but it is always fun to dress up. and I vote we we all try to get the weekend off and party in between visits :)

MD mentioned the 9 doctor thing again the other day and this would be one of the coolest things ever if we ever got around to working it out.

Still if nothing else, the lure of cool toys and perving on people wearing weird costumes is always fun. Me I want to take the camera and take LOTS of shots this year.

So..onto some exercise and healthy eating so I can wear stuff!

10. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    Oh I know. I ain't fitting into the cap'n pants in any flattering way until I lose a few more kilos.

I think I just lost a Man Card... :p

Anyway, yes, time to get moving.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

11. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    You see, there's a reason why I'll be boning the bodice of my Inara outfit this year round... *pokes squishiness* Gah, really need to get started on that. [face_worried]

I'd love to put together a TF2 costume, but I don't believe I have time this time around.

MD mentioned the 9 doctor thing again the other day and this would be one of the coolest things ever if we ever got around to working it out.

Well, I have a scarf and a hat to contribute to the cause. Got fabric for a me-sized Doc 5 jacket too... And will be amassing a small collection of Romana costumes soon. Wahey.

12. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    I can't see TF2 happening at this point.

On the plus side, I have the weekend off, so I'll be around the place. Only intending to go to the show for one day, since I think that's about all my sanity can take of that particular clusterfrak, but I'm right up for any of that aforementioned partying.

13. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    All I want is another one of Goob's fruity-oaty bars t-shirts and I'll be right :)

Kithera

14. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    This just in, Jewel Staite's not coming to Supanova any more due to being confirmed as a regular on Stargate Atlantis. :( Ah well, maybe we'll get Nathan Fillion instead. *wishful thinking*

15. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Well Kaylee IS coming to supanova now!!!!!

Anyone else getting a weekend pass? And if we're just doing one day..which day?? saturday I presume..

16. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    I've got a weekend pass, so I should be there both days. Now I just have to get a car... [face_thinking]

17. Dave_Smogcrawler

Dave_Smogcrawler Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2002
    I have never been there so I guess I am a rectangular thing....:p

Though I would like to go this time around just to see what's its like. What is the entry fee for this event do you know?

18. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Ticketek link

For the full weekend (Bonus Friday night, Saturday and Sunday) it is $36.50.

For just the day (Saturday or Sunday) it is $21.75.

There's a whole bunch of VIP ticking thingies that cost a bunch more, but these are the basic prices.

And if you show up you won't be a rectangular thyng - it's the ultimatum: be there, or be square. If you're there, you can't be square :p

19. Dave_Smogcrawler

Apr 12, 2002
    Oh getting there won't be a problem. As long as I don't have to wear some obscure costume from some even more obscure anime or a scene of star wars. Frankly I don't need to be geek up anymore than I already am. :p

20. HappyBob

HappyBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I can make either day - just waiting to see which one people gravitate toward before buying a ticket.

21. Dave_Smogcrawler

Apr 12, 2002
    Same here, if a date is set it would be easier for me to choose as well.

22. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    Well I was thinking, would anyone else be up for the geeky one-two punch of SupaNova on Saturday followed by One Man Star Wars Trilogy that night at 8pm at QPAC, possibly with dinner somewhere inbetween?

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

23. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    That sounds really good, actually. I'd be up for it.

24. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    I'd love to do that, but I believe the ACG girls are having dinner on the Saturday so I'll probably be there instead that night.

25. Dave_Smogcrawler

Apr 12, 2002
    Yeah sure dude that would sound great Saturday plus star wars plus dinner yeah I be up for that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.