main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN BSG on the big screen

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by capnfatpants, Apr 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. capnfatpants

capnfatpants Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 20, 2006
    The Indy Film Festival is going to be showing a couple eps of BSG on the big screen Saturday April 28th at midnight.
    The plan right now, they say, is to show Exodus pts 1 and 2.

2. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 1, 2006
    :_|

Thats the weekend before all of my finals. Looks like I wont be able to make it. :(

3. capnfatpants

Mar 20, 2006
    Yeah - I'm not going to that either - I'm just going for the Browncoat/Buffy stuff.

I'm getting too old :eek: for midnight movies unless it's Star Wars (or maybe the new Transformers - but I have to work that night).

4. capnfatpants

Mar 20, 2006
    Well the BSG thing (which was free by the way) was cancelled at the last minute due some problems with the cinema (I don't think the old people than ran theater wanted to be there until 3 o'clock in the morning is what it boiled down to). The wonderful lady that had arranged the showings with Universal (or whoever) says she spent 6 months trying to arrange it. She still has the screening DVDs for Exodus pts 1 & 2 and is trying to find another venue for showing them at a future date (in Indy).

As for why I went to the Indianapolis film festival: Joss Whedon. My wife and I drove up Friday and went to the Friday showing of the Buffy Sing-along which was fun, but had a small crowd. Then Saturday we saw Serenity, Done the Impossible, and the Buffy Singalong again. It was so much fun. The Saturday Buffy Singalong was much more fun than Friday - bigger crowd, and the crowd was much more vocal and participative (is that a word?).

My wife and I met another lady from Evansville there - she works at Central Library and is going to try to get them to show Firefly on their big screen there.

Apparently, the library shows movies frequently - might be something to keep in mind for future events - have some kind of Star Wars showing there to coincide with some kind of event.

5. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 1, 2006
    Very cool... nice lead on a possible screening.

I really need to get myself to watch Done the Impossible. :oops:

6. Darth_TKD

Darth_TKD Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2002
    Good work on the lead, Kevin! That sounds like it'd be a good place to have a screening, if we ever decide to have one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.