main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

C3 Motor Speedway - 500 miles of quick, redundant answers ;-)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Sebulba-X, Oct 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Back to the lab without a mic to grab...

>*<

I need to park a pull trailer and maybe my truck for the week.. Hotel wants to charge $12/day per space Any recommendations? We parked in that lot behind the Con Center at C2, and it was pretty reasonable, is that still the case?

I don't know of any reason why you couldn't park in the same lot as you did last time...a year from now, probably not with the new football stadium plans, but everything is more or less the same as C2 downtown.

>*<

Any SW fans that are RPeeps (that is, also frequent www.radioparadise.com) gonna be at C3? I've asked over there, guess it's time I tried the inverse here...

No idea, sorry....but good luck in trying to find out.

>*<

I am not sure if the hotel I will be staying has a shuttle service from the airport, I need to find that out, but are taxi's readily available at the airport? I will be arriving late on the 20th, about 10:30 pm. How hard would it be for me to get a cab to my hotel? Also, I will be staying at the Quality Inn South at 450 Bixler Lane. Their web site says they are about 4 miles away. Would this be walkable to the convention center or should I get a cab or bus? And if I have to take a cab will I be blowing most of my spending money on that? How expensive can I expect a cab ride to be. And what about busses? Transportation is my biggest concern right now. Thanks Sebulba for taking your time to answer all of our question!

Cabs/Limos are something you need to call for in Indianapolis...you can't (normally) hail a cab off the street like you would in Chicago or NYC, but downtown particularly, cabs are quick, safe, and relatively cheap mode of transport. I've taken a cab from downtown to my house, which, while only being about 15-20 miles, was about a 1/2 ride, and it cost $40 with tips...short jaunts downtown from one place to another would only be about $5-$15...depending on # of people & time. Bars & resturants will call cabs for you, but other hotels are good places to catch cabs on the fly as well...just ask the bell hop.

>*<

So, do lanyards come with the admission badges, or do I need to bring my own???

Last time they handed out lanyards with all passes, regardless of whether the person was in the fan club or not. The non-fanclub lanyards were those really thin cheap ones.

Yeah, lanyards came with all passes...the special ones were gray, the generic ones were black if I recall correctly.

>*<

My sister found this Limo service from the airport to the downtown area for $10

Limos make up a good portion of the taxi service, particularly from the airport since they can haul more people & luggage than a standard cab...$10 from the airport to downtown is a pretty good rate and probably pretty much what anyone will charge.

>*<

But can I now get my C3 ticket anytime in order for the benefits to take effect, or do I hafta wait? How does it work?

Now that you're a fan club member, you can order your tickets and enjoy the benefits like anyone else. No waiting at all.

>*<

I have heard "rumors" that Zuckuss1138 will be at C3...is this true? and will he be signing autographs?

The Zuckmeister will be there in full force, and if you can get past his entourage, you should be able to get his autograph for the miniscule amount of $100 U.S. funds. I've heard rumors that at the Fan Party, Zuckuss will be doing SW sketches for beer.

2. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Here's a odd question, and one we only sort of figured out the hard way last time... What is the closest hospital? /It took 4 people at the restuarant way too long to answer this the last time, and we had to depend on the cab driver for the answer/

3. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    For emergencies and what not, these two would be your best bet:

Methodist Hospital of Indiana
    1701 Senate Blvd.

Wishard Hospital
    1001 West 10th Street

There's other speciality hospitals downtown, as well as many other hospitals around the city.

4. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    Awesome! Thanks

5. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    The Zuckmeister will be there in full force, and if you can get past his entourage, you should be able to get his autograph for the miniscule amount of $100 U.S. funds. I've heard rumors that at the Fan Party, Zuckuss will be doing SW sketches for beer.

[face_laugh]

I'll make sure to bring tap money, then!

6. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    Seb-x,
    I saw on the Navigating Indianapolis thread that registration is starting a day early on Wednesday. Now you may not know the answer to this one, but I'm not a member of the Fan Club but want to join that day to get my special lanyard so I can get in early each day of the convention. Do you know if they'll be doing that? Signing people up for the Fan Club early?

Also, when are they going to start announcing the actors and various other talent that is going to be there? Last time around they already had 85% of the lineup posted on the site. This time around they seem to be dragging their asses with everything.

John

7. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    Um, since it's Feb. already I kinda need an answer to my question pretty soon. How does the early access work, and can I go ahead and order my C3 ticket, even though I just signed up for the fanclub today?

Also, you don't have to put the tickets under anyone's name, right? Cause I'm ordering a ticket for a friend as well, I assume that's not a problem?

8. gandalfbmg

gandalfbmg Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2002
    >*<

So, do lanyards come with the admission badges, or do I need to bring my own???

Last time they handed out lanyards with all passes, regardless of whether the person was in the fan club or not. The non-fanclub lanyards were those really thin cheap ones.

Yeah, lanyards came with all passes...the special ones were gray, the generic ones were black if I recall correctly.

>*<

OK, this begs another question:
    If they use the color/type of your lanyard to determine if you're fanclub or not, and therefore when you can get into the convention center... do you HAVE to keep you pass on THEIR lanyard? If they're cheap and small, I was going to see about getting our own. But if they won't let us in w/o theirs, I don't want to waste the time and money getting another one.

9. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Um, since it's Feb. already I kinda need an answer to my question pretty soon. How does the early access work, and can I go ahead and order my C3 ticket, even though I just signed up for the fanclub today?

Early Access? Now that you are an official Fan Club member, by your pass and you get early admission everyday. When they ship, they'll verify you are a fanclub member. You'll get the appropriate lanyard and Friends & Family pass(es).

Also, you don't have to put the tickets under anyone's name, right? Cause I'm ordering a ticket for a friend as well, I assume that's not a problem?

Actually, you do have to put them under a name. You'll have to register at GenCon's site (linked to from the C3 site). You'll have to create a registration for each person you purchase a ticket for. And each person can order only 1 pass (4 day or 1/day).

Hope that helps! ;)

10. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Seb-x,
    I saw on the Navigating Indianapolis thread that registration is starting a day early on Wednesday. Now you may not know the answer to this one, but I'm not a member of the Fan Club but want to join that day to get my special lanyard so I can get in early each day of the convention. Do you know if they'll be doing that? Signing people up for the Fan Club early?

Also, when are they going to start announcing the actors and various other talent that is going to be there? Last time around they already had 85% of the lineup posted on the site. This time around they seem to be dragging their asses with everything.

John

Pre-registration ends March 4, since you know you want to join the fan club, I would suggest going ahead and doing so today, then go over and register as a fan club member for your C3 tickets before March 4, then you'll get your tickets & the fan club lanyard mailed to you so you don't have to bother with waiting in line at all for tickets at C3. The icing on the cake being you get all the cool Hyperspace benefits between now and the opening of Ep3, which will include getting to see the trailer online and other stuff.

If that's not going to work, then I really can't say if they'll be setup to allow you to sign up for the fan club & buy tickets. I'm sure they'll be able to sign you up for the fan club inside, but I can't say one way or the other about tickets outside.

Celebration 2 guests did not start getting officially announced by the Official Site until Feb 14, 2002 with the announcement of Anthony Daniels as the Emcee for Celebration II. Celebration News Archive...after that, the flood gates opened. Well, what do you know, look at the date...

As previously stated, you can buy your tickets via the pre-registration thru March 4th...since you are a member of the fan club, you state as such and it will be verified and you'll get the correct ticket *knock on wood*.

Keep in mind, everyone & their grandmother is a member of the fan club, so it isn't like you just walk past everyone and right inside. There will be a special line and they'll let you in early.

Once you buy your own ticket, there's apparently a link that bluntly states "buy a ticket for a friend"...just follow the directions from there.

If they use the color/type of your lanyard to determine if you're fanclub or not, and therefore when you can get into the convention center... do you HAVE to keep you pass on THEIR lanyard? If they're cheap and small, I was going to see about getting our own. But if they won't let us in w/o theirs, I don't want to waste the time and money getting another one.

The lanyards were decent enough...sort of like a soft fat shoelace material, about 1/4-1/2 inch with Celebration 2 printed on them. But regardless, you need to wear your pass & lanyard to get the benefits, or at least have it handy when people check for it.

11. gaiatha

gaiatha Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    Maybe a strange question, but where is the nearest Wal*Mart to the conventioncentre?

12. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    There aren't any downtown. Here's the Store Locator if you want to find them. Just put "Indianapolis, IN 46225" in, which is the Dome's address and you'll see where they are at.

13. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    TRY THIS ONE ON!!

Know of any karaoke nights that happen during the nights that its going on? Its my new addiction.

John

14. gandalfbmg

gandalfbmg Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2002
    ^ ^ ^
    Oh!!! good one... buy me enough drinks and I'll sing just about anything... even The Carpenters...

15. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    I know after some of the Indy Knights meetings people went to the "Front Page Tavern" at 310 Massachusetts Avenue...they have/had kareoke nights. I've never been, so I don't know if it's always open mike night or if it's just specific times.

On a related note, "Howl at the Moon" has opened up a dueling piano bar down near Union Station. I've been to one in Orlando, but not here...those are always a blast.

16. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    Um yes, I have a question. In Indianapolis.. how much wood would the wood chucks chuck if your wood chucks could chuck wood?

Thanks.

17. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    1/2 a cord ;)

18. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    I don't think Indy has woodchucks, but our Muskrats muster to munch many maples on monday mornings, maybe a million or more.

19. LadyLessa

LadyLessa Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2005
    I was reading about the tickets. Ours will be sent to us but it says that anyone under the age of 6 is free but they still need a ticket to get in. Do they send these to you if you ask or will we have to go to will call? Exactly how does will call work? Do we wait in line outside with everyone else to get in and then have to wait again just to get her ticket? Thanks.

20. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    how much is the sale tax in Indiana?

21. gaiatha

gaiatha Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    What's the easiest an cheapest way to get from the airport to the hotel?

22. obi-going_to_cel_III

obi-going_to_cel_III Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2005
    Seb x
    You've told me before that Indiana doesn't use daylight savings. So in April will that mean Indy is an hour ahead or behind Central? thanks :D

23. JediMistressDragon

JediMistressDragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 1999
    You've told me before that Indiana doesn't use daylight savings. So in April will that mean Indy is an hour ahead or behind Central?<<

Not butting in Seb's thing, but I can answer this as I saw a map of the states with the time zones. Same as Eastern time zone. So if where I live in Virginia it's ,s ay, 7AM, it's 7AM in Indy. I thought it was a hour behind, till saw that and thought about it later and remember I didn't put the time back an hour on my watch when went to CII.
    JMD

24. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Sebulba-X is the Colts shop still in the Circle Center mall?

I want to pick up some Colts gear while in town.

25. JediMistressDragon

JediMistressDragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 1999
    On Time Zones, for that one question as I was looking for Tourist info on Indy and found this:
    http://www.indy.org/sections/Visitors/Time%20Zone%20Information/index.asp?cid=94&
    Time Zone Information
    Most of Indiana remains permanently on Eastern Standard Time without observing Daylight Saving Time. However, 10 counties in the northwest and southwest observe Central Daylight Time.

In addition, five counties in the south and southeast unofficially observe Eastern Daylight Time. Daylight Saving Time begins at 2 a.m. the first Sunday in April, when clocks are advanced one hour, and ends at 2 a.m. the last Sunday in October, when clocks are turned back one hour.
    Click for a larger image.

Eastern Standard Time
    These counties remain permanently on Eastern Standard Time without observing daylight saving time: Adams
    Allen
    Bartholomew
    Benton
    Blackford
    Boone
    Brown
    Carroll
    Cass
    Clay
    Clinton
    Crawford
    Decatur