main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Camelot Theater, Greenville

Discussion in 'Archive: Greenville, SC' started by heels1785 , May 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Greenville will have a digital theater in less than two weeks, "The Camelot."

Opens in time for Episode III, will be like watching HDTV, THX certified screens, WYFF just reported.

2. padawanslave

padawanslave Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2003
    WOW! I had a friend try to tell me this today and I completely blew her off because I go to Garner's once a week and have never seen anything in that spot after the Christian Theater closed. I am sooo psyched now. Can this be true for our tiny little town? LOL!

3. DarthBrett

DarthBrett Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2002
    wow. i know where I'll be the second time I see ROTS.

4. padawanslave

May 30, 2003
    Can someone post when it actually opens to sell tickets? I went by yesterday and they are still doing work on it. I am going to go by again this weekend, but it seems like they are really going to the wire on this one....

5. HoundsTooth

HoundsTooth Jedi Youngling

Jan 18, 2005
    the newspaper says they will be opening Wednesday night for the midnight showing of Episode III, hopefully they'll continue to run it being that i already have tickets for Hollywood 20

6. padawanslave

May 30, 2003
    Yeah, that is what I am hoping. We have had midnight tix for H20 since they went on sale, so we were hoping to maybe catch it in digital on Friday....

7. DarthBrett

DarthBrett Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2002
    Yeah, they're definately running more than just midnight shows. I got 3 today for a 1:00 show on Thursday. I'm thinking there were four different showtimes everyday, and I think it's on at least three screens, so it's worth a shot to go see it. Oh, and they have online ticketing available now, but I can't remember the website.

8. padawanslave

May 30, 2003
    They have a 10am Saturday and a 10am Sunday time listed as well. Their phone number is 864-235-6700.

9. Darth_Yalc

Darth_Yalc Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 23, 2002
    Thanks for the info :)

10. padawanslave

May 30, 2003
    Website has showtimes and ticket info

www.greenvillecamelot.com

I drove by today, it is amazing how much work they have managed to pull off in less than a week! I think it is even cooler that they are using the original name. The signage even looks like it once did. I used to go there as a kid to see the Summer Movie Program. I saw Gremlins there, as a matter of fact..LOL

11. baisaacs

baisaacs Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2003
    was at the opening for EP3 all the way from Minnesota!! I hate being stuck away from home for work, but this was worth it. The Camelot Digital DLP setup was fantastic. My first digital experience and WOW!!

Not sure if the owner visits here or not, but well done on revamping what I hear was a classic theater revamped.

Big hello to all those I met in line and I was wondering if any of you locals recorded (digitally of course) any of the fox news footage. I was right by the camera all night and would like to get some footage for my Star Wars scrap book. Or if anyone has connections to the theater and photographers that were there. :)

Theater is highly recommended!!

12. padawanslave

May 30, 2003
    Today, I got my tickets for a Sunday matinee there. I can not wait! We went at midnight and already had tickets for Saturday as well, and did NOT want to see it in digital in between 2 non digi shows..LOL..

I would love to see any local news feed. Anyone know if anything is available to view online?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.