main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cameras Allowed?

Discussion in 'Archive: FanForce Conventions Europe' started by simon_hrdng, Jul 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simon_hrdng

simon_hrdng Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2005
    Are we allowed to take cameras to the event?

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Definitely. Photography is fine in the dealer and fan areas. Some of the talks have restrictions on camcorders, voice recorders, and flash photography though. They usually make an announcement about that at the beginning of the talk, however.

3. simon_hrdng

Aug 6, 2005
    Do you have to pay to see the different shows etc

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    None that I went to - it is in the ticket price. But get there early for the popular guests. We went to Mark Hamill's talk today and the line was really long. We had gotten there an hour early and were worried about getting in until we saw they had a lot of seats. I imagine Billy Dee Williams' talk tomorrow will be the same. Autographs are extra - Mark Hamill's is top price at £85 and the lines for him (as well as a few others) were very long. He is only signing tomorrow - not Sunday.

5. simon_hrdng

Aug 6, 2005
    Wow Thanks for the help. Ive been asked another question, i need to pass onto anyone (hopefully you).

We know theres food available there, but are you able to take your own food?

6. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I don't see why not. There are outdoor areas for sitting and eating overlooking the Thames and there is a central seating area in the Food Court. There are some tables reserved for certain food stands but they are well marked. There was no bag search or anything like that.

7. simon_hrdng

Aug 6, 2005
    Cool. Ive been given another question. Were new to all this. What happens when entering with these funny label things we got sent?

8. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    If you are have pre-purchased passes (tickets), you can buy a lanyard for them (to wear them around your neck) for £2.50 at the entrance. You have to wear them at all times as they will be checked when you go in and out. If you don't yet have tickets for tomorrow, I have heard they are sold out. Do you have pre-purchased tickets?

9. simon_hrdng

Aug 6, 2005
    Yeah. Do we have to wear the lanyard or can we bring our own thing?

10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    You can bring your own. The important thing is having the pass visible so Security can see that you have one.

Basically I'd recommend getting there early as it is supposed to be crowded. Get a schedule when you go in (they are free) and see if there are any talks you want to see. If so, plan to get on line - at least an hour early for Billy Dee if you want to see him. If you are going to buy collectibles, etc, I recommend doing a sweep around first noting what you want and how much it is. Some booths charge more than others. The exception is if you want the Gentle Giant Bly minibust from Forbidden Planet - they sold out early today and they will only have a limited number tomorrow. The same applies with autographs - go early and check the list. There will definitely be a line for Mark Hamill and you might have to get timed tickets if the lines are long. You might have to buy coupons to get the autographs as well. I think they are £5 each and there is a list at the autograph area of who is charging how many coupons. (They are sold in the autograph area). Hamill's autograph is £85 and I think it is in cash.

I'm heading off shortly so if you have any more q's it will have to be fairly quick..

11. simon_hrdng

Aug 6, 2005
    Nah that would be it. Thank you very much

12. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    A correction - as has been pointed out in another thread, the Billy Dee talk is Sunday, not Saturday. It is from 1230-130 in the Platinum Stage area.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.