main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Can you help decide whats next for me?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Master-Fett, Apr 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    Well I never was able to play PC games before two weeks ago to to my horrible computer- now i got one of the best gaming computers out there and I want to play. today i just finished beating Jedi Academy which was fun to me... But now I want to get another SW game to hold my interest for a while...

Im steering away towards jedi outcast, because i think itll be too close a plotline and stroy to Jedi acdemy... on the other hand although i have the money, im steering away from Kotor because i just spent 0 bucks on acadmey nad i odnt want to spend 50 more. So kotor is a looming possiblility, but im wondering if theres a better alternative. What would realy help is if someone told me the monthly price for playing galxies. I realy wanted to get it before- but never had the opportunity. i looked at it in the store and since i didnt know the gaming price i didnt take the risk. all this would be greatly appreciated :D

2. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    i just spent 0 bucks on acadmey

A bargan :p

Do you have to stay with SW themed games? A free downloadable multiplayer game that's fantastic if you're on a fairly quick internet but I play on 56k is Enemy Territory.

Battlefield 1942 is great and the new Battlefield 'name is suppose to be awesome!

Think outside of SW.

3. Master-Fett

Sep 25, 2002
    i know dude, but im just stickin with SW for now- im just startin...

and i didnt spend 0 bucks on academy, i meant 50 ;)

4. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    You should have gone with the 0 bucks story. Everyone will like you better for it.
    Nice spelling by the way there SFL. :p

If you want good Star Wars then go for KOTOR (Knights of the Old Republic....in case you have not been alive for the past few months).
    Of course you have to be into the RPG type scene.That and another 50 smackers... *sigh*..

Are you looking for a game that would really be pushed by your machine?

5. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    If you want "more of the same" get Jedi Academy. If you want "similar, but better story, and more thinking & exploring" get KOTOR.

I have no opinion on Galaxies. ALl I know is that it's not for me (though Space could change all that- but I'll be waiting for the reviews & player feedback at launch before worrying about that).

6. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    If I read that first post right he already has Academy.

So that makes it an easy choice.
    KOTOR. :p

I would suggest playing Academy online, since that is it's best redeeming quality.

As for Galaxies, I think it is like $12 a month? Somewhere around there.

7. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    I meant Jedi Outcast above, not Academy.

8. orangefuzz

orangefuzz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    For the Galaxies fee information go here

9. DarthBobbalot

DarthBobbalot Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    Jeez, we should rename this thread to "Typo Central"

10. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    KOTOR or Jedi Academy are solid choices. i am absolutely loving KOTOR. its a fantastic game.

11. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    "If you want "more of the same" get Jedi Academy. If you want "similar, but better story, and more thinking & exploring" get KOTOR."

That would definitely be "more of the same."

Oh, and get KOTOR. It's the best Star Wars game in a long while. :)

12. StarWars_Revelation

StarWars_Revelation Jedi Master star 5

Aug 5, 2001
    If you're going for Star Wars games, I'd go with KOTOR. But there are so many great non-SW games...

13. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Jeez, we should rename this thread to "Typo Central"
    [face_laugh]
    Shouldn't that be geez...oh it typo central forgot. :p

Is Galaxies still like 50 bucks?
    I read on the linked site in this thread something about a free 30 day trial? "Remember, if this is a new account you will not be billed until after your 30 day free trial."
    So does that mean when you first activate your account it is 30 days free?

I did liked Galaxies when it first came out, it looked so cool, the idea of how massive the game is was impressive to me. It just seemed to have kinda died after I heard how much the subscription rates were. It might not seem like alot, but it adds up.
    If it isn't too much I might try it out one of these days,since I now can pay for the subscription rate...I think.

14. Sarendipity

Sarendipity Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 12, 2004
    Get KOTOR. I'm a KOTOR addict. My brother got Jedi Outcast and I gave it a try, I really did, but I just didn't get into it. Of course, I've always enjoyed RPGs and games that require you to think more than the hack-and-shoot variety.

Still, as far as I can tell KOTOR is ten times the game Jedi Outcast is. It's amazing the first time you play it, and then you can play it a different way every time after.

Hmm, I wonder if Bioware would pay me to advertise for them... :D

15. StarWars_Revelation

StarWars_Revelation Jedi Master star 5

Aug 5, 2001
    KOTOR is 10 times better than almost every Star Wars game. Period.

16. 7-7-7

7-7-7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 15, 2002
    Go with KOTOR. You'll end up hurting yourself if you don't.

You can probably find it for a lower price on E-bay. You might even be able to find a used copy for reduced price.

17. Master-Fett

Sep 25, 2002
    It just seemed to have kinda died after I heard how much the subscription rates were.

thats how i feel now... well I guess I'll go with KotoR

18. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Don't go dissing Jedi Outcast! :mad: It's still my favorite game of the whole series, with the single-player game/story being far superior than Jedi Academy's. You can find it in most stores going as little as $25 nowadays, so I consider it a bargain.

Definitely go with KoTOR as well, it is simply the best SW game ever made. I find the system reqs to be ridiculous but if you don't have an Xbox, then you must get it for your PC.

Two new releases everyone's gushing over are FarCry (another shooter) and Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (stealth action). Not SW fare, but you can't go wrong sneaking around with Mr. Sam Fisher.

19. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    DF2 is my favorite of the JK series but i really liked outcast as well. it was a SOLID game. still is in fact.

i didnt dig FarCry too much. the demo was ok. the environments were AMAZING and the interactivity was very cool but it was missing something. maybe it was the demo. you need a pretty beefy machine to run it too. at least you can D/L the demo and give it a test run before you plunk down 50 bucks.

20. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    KOTOR is an excellent game,all most flawless,you might want to revisit some of the older games though

21. hawk

hawk Jedi Knight star 5

May 3, 2000
    KOTR is a great game but I preferred Outcast. Loved the action. Be warned though. The first three levels are terribly tedious but eventually it becomes a true joy to play. If you have played Academy though, a lot of the fun is already gone.

I also agree to think outside SW. I recently picked up FarcCry and Half Life and both are fantastic.

22. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    How about a Star Wars flight sim like X-Wing Alliance. Sure they're old but you don't need to get the latest Star Wars game to enjoy them.

23. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    yea, and with a modern computer it will run as smooth as lando.

24. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    And then there is always online play. Which doesn't ever really get old.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.