main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Finally home! Now to make dinner and put on a movie...

2. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Fair enough.

In any case, it's just the fact that Benoit loves to do his José Valverde impression at the most critical points that gets my goat.

TrakNar: And what dinner and movie are you gonna have?

3. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Stromboli and a few episodes of Justice League. Or, I may put on Manhunter, since I haven't seen it.

4. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    So, we all remember the tale of the psycho in that RPG I was in who had her character's dad cut her incest-baby out of her with a knife, yes?

She just joined OUR game, and then accused us of ripping off their game (it's a Starfleet Academy game, how original can you get?), and said that if we continued to "hurt [her] friend" by stealing his ideas (Um, pretty sure Gene Roddenberry came up with it first, kiddo), she'd have her friends hunt us down and beat us up and/or kill us. I reported her to the site administration, they told me to contact my local law enforcement, and then she said "I never threatened you!" and I was like, ". . . Uh, yes, you did. (Quote). That there? That's a threat. Tumblr thought it was enough of one that they told me to call the police on you." She's still insisting that I put words in her mouth, and that we've done them grievous harm by opening our own game (never mind that they copied several of our characters and our whole game layout). Honey, if people are leaving your game in droves, they sure ain't comin' to ours, so maybe what's wrong with your game is you, not us.

5. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Tumblr: Where the cream of the troll crop rises to the top.

6. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I do hope she stays far away from my forum. Then again, we have no RPs of any interest to her.

7. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I don't know anything about RPG, but can you block her? So her friends are going to hunt you down and kill you...wow...I think you are either dealing with a young teen or a total nut job. I really doubt anybody who spends their days playing games on the internet is friends with assassins.

8. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    @Dantanaskywalker, I would think you'd recognize the signs of batcrap crazy by now...

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  9. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
  10. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I think I'll watch Hannibal next. I have Mabel sleeping on my lap. She's glad to be home, and so am I.

11. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Psycho is supposedly 20 years old. She has not responded since I informed her that I was directed to report her to the police. I hope that's the end of it. If not, I'm gonna walk next door and say, "Hey, neighbour, this psycho online just told me that she's gonna have her friend hunt me down and kill me. Advice?" Doesn't matter which one, either, 'cause they're both cops. [face_dancing]

It's kinda interesting living next door to a cop. We live a block from BYU stadium, and during one of the recent home games, some kids on drugs were breaking into cars on our street, and my neighbour came out in his boxers and chased them with his gun. He got them contained and then went and put his pants on so that he was dressed when backup arrived. [face_laugh]

mavjade and jcgoble3 like this.
  12. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Just got to the third town, got Exp Share from the sister of the gym leader I beat, so now my other Pokemon are catching up to my starter. Went to Lumiose City and got my Charmander. I named him St. Elmo.

St. Elmo's Fire.

I'm such a dork.

13. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    LOL! That's a good one, actually.

14. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Would you be mad at me if I told you that you're right?

Dantana Skywalker: That's an interesting story, I bet you never let him forget it, either! Speaking of having neighbours in law enforcement, my last apartment was across the hall from the one where a sheriff's deputy and his family lived. Of course, the one time that he was needed right on scene for something like of what you speak, he was in the shower and I had to stand vigil lest something pretty nasty happen (though his wife did call 911). Eventually the city cops responded and the situation was later resolved in a somewhat unexpected manner.

15. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    I actually wasn't even awake for that, it was one of the few nights I went to bed early because I wasn't feeling well.

16. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    My Fennekin, Flamin' Yawn, evolved into a Braixen, who looks so feminine. Flamin' Yawn, though, is male. He learned Psybeam, so he's gearing up for that additional Psychic type stat when he evolves into Delphox.

And I have confused Goodwood.

17. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    When I played fire red (...last month) I named my Charmander Azula, but St. Elmo is an epic name! I'm really considering asking for money for a 3ds for Christmas.

Dantana, either Physco really has some mental issues, or is a really scary troll. But your lucky to have cops as neighbours. When I was a toddler, we lived next door to a murderer, I kid you not. He used to take me to the park and everything until one day the cops showed up and arrested him. He confessed to killing his brother-in-law (who was beating the guy's sister and kids). He was convicted, but swore never to tell people where the body was. Apparently he was the sweetest guy.

18. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    You should totally get that 3DS and pick up either X or Y. It's seriously worth it. Huge nostalgia kick and I'm having a blast. The first gym is a curb-stomp if you're an obsessive grinder like me. XD

19. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Let's put it this way: When I brought up how uncomfortable her roleplay was making me (and I explained that I was molested as a child by a family friend), she said she knew "what rape is like" (not unless you've been through it, you don't!), and she was doing it to honour her friend who was molested by his uncle. Yeah, she had her character be continually raped by her father and impregnated twice by him, had him beat the first one out of her and cut the second one out of her, between the ages of 12 and 14, and has had her character gang-raped at least three times, to honour her friend's struggle. Uh-huh. Riiiiiight. They were also doing a storyline where Jim Kirk was a sex slave until the age of 20, sold into it at the age of 10. They kept adding and adding and adding crap to up the ante. "I'll see your gang rape and raise you a sex slave in a cannibal colony!" And when we got disgusted and left, she had the audacity to chase us and accuse us of stealing their ideas (again, it's an RP at Starfleet Academy, it's not an original idea by any means; I have a guidebook for one on this exact thing published in '87). Since she was posting it publicly in front of all of our players, I posted flat-out that what she was roleplaying was disgusting, that we'd asked them to stop and been told "Suck it up, we're doing it anyway", and we'd decided to find a place safer for those of us who'd actually gone through abuses like that. I hate that our dirty laundry got aired like that, but once she posted it like that, I kind of had to address it so that our members knew our side and didn't think we weren't responding out of guilt or something.

So, so frustrating.

20. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    She just sounds like an idiot. I've encountered similar people. They're idiots.

21. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Yeah, but one I'm having to deal with.

22. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Any way to block her and otherwise ignore her?

23. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Then ignore her. Doesn't Tumblr have personal blocking tools or something similar that will filter out her responses? Internet people do this kind of crap all the time either until they get bored and move on to pester another community or they finally grow up and get a clue. My point being: this only really becomes a problem if you let it become one.

I hate to put it so bluntly, but there it is.

24. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I second Trak. (Edit, and Goodwood), She wants attention, do your best not to give it to her.

Anyways. I'm seriously thinking about getting a 3ds. Apparently the new Animal Crossing is awesome and Pokemon needs no justification. Plus they are coming out with a new Zelda AND A NEW SMASH BROS!!!!!

25. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I'm hoping that with his renewed relevance in X and Y, Mewtwo will get his SSB job back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.