main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cartoon Network to show "Enhanced" TCW Episodes (starting May 1st)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    Creative differences? Does that mean someone else will write for the remaining episodes, or is the whole decoded project just dropped now?

2. SuperSaiyaMan12

SuperSaiyaMan12 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    The enhanced episodes...they suffer from so much of the trope Fan Dumb it makes it impossible to enjoy.

3. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    They suck and I don't waych them. I liked them in there original state.

4. AvadaKenobi

AvadaKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 2, 2009
    The one of Rising Malevolence with Grevious adding his input had me chuckling at certain parts. I mean, his first pop-up where he talked about how the destruction of the Malevolence wasn't his fault was great. Every other pop-up had him blaming his failures on the battle droids. I found that pretty amusing.

As it stands, I haven't really been watching Decoded for the pop-ups. I've just been watching the episodes so I can rewatch season one in order all over again. The pop-ups are just a nice bonus.

5. StarWarrior77

StarWarrior77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 30, 2008
    Every time one of the characters are commentating on what is happening in the episode I try to read them out loud in that characters voice. My Grievous impressions for "Destroy Malevolence" were pretty bad!:oops:

6. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    No one but Wood can do Grievous.

7. StarWarrior77

Oct 30, 2008
    You got that right!

8. SuperSaiyaMan12

Aug 30, 2005
    Dear god these 'decoded' episodes are getting even worse, ruining one of the darkest episodes of the series with the stupid, kiddy 'information'.

9. Fettclone1

Fettclone1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2006
    Once again those complaining had to know it would be bad from the beginning. It's why I haven't watched any myself.

Also, keep in mind that the original versions are still up on the official site.

10. SuperSaiyaMan12

Aug 30, 2005
    I have a question: Why do you continue to pander to little kids? I mean, I understand little kids watch it, but you shouldn't have to dumb everything down just to keep them paying attention. They are not your target audience, especially with the PG rating and prime-time slot.

11. StarWarrior77

Oct 30, 2008
    I thought some of the pop-ups for "rookies" were actually quite funny.:p

12. SuperSaiyaMan12

Aug 30, 2005
    ...Rookies isn't meant to be funny. Its a dark episode. Its like putting pop ups like: "Darth Vader built his lightsaber after he gained his cyber parts" right after he cut off Luke Skywalker's hand.

13. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    "(wins arm wrestling match) Aaaahahahaaa, YES!" [face_devil]

"Ahh, leave 'im alone. They kept him in his growth jar for too long."[face_laugh]

"(sarcastically) Ooooo. Meteor shower.":rolleyes:

Besides, some things are made to be purposefully laughed at. Wouldn't you chuckle at a sarcastic/campy tutorial-character who goes 'press the jump button to jump.'? :p

Just because something's 'serious' doesn't mean it has to be void of a sense of humour, if you ask me. Nute Gunray's pitiful personality may be in-character in Cloak of Darkness, Rookies' brother-in-angst, but it still provided some neat laughs. Then again, if you choose to interpret the merits majorly from the angle of a dark and edgy storyline, that's your right as well.

I think you should just laugh it off or, if you really have to, laugh at the potential ignorance of today's youth ([face_mischief]). The pop-up system was made for teens and pre-teens, not people who have not only watched all the movies but also read several related articles on the Star Wars wiki. It's sort of like expecting the Clone Wars Junior Novel to be the next Shatterpoint. Shatterpoint, for the unenlightened, would be a Mace Windu-centric novel where he goes to a jungle and faces morally reprehensible acts of war while his former Padawan goes insane. No, I have not read it. XD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.