main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Casting Call/Discussion- The Other Side (A Jedi Detective Store) Audio Drama

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Audio' started by R_Zion, Mar 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R_Zion

R_Zion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 23, 2004
    Hello once again, everybody! I?m returning with a monster of a casting call for the next audio drama I?ll be working on: Star Wars: The Other Side, a Noir-ish tale by a young author and friend by the name of Nathan Cranor. I?ll be working on this project one chapter at a time, with a total of three chapters in all. I?ll be posting the casting calls for characters in each chapter once I?m finished the previous episode and am ready to move on to the next, so keep your eyes open.

There is no official deadline for this but try and get me your lines as quickly as possible. If anyone has any questions or comments, please ask away.

CASTING CALL:

Some of the following characters will be recurring throughout the chapters and those that are will be marked with an (R) by the name. If you do choose a recurring character, please make sure you will be available to record more in the future.

Please send all audition recordings to epyon_whitefang@yahoo.com with ?Casting Call-<Character?s Name>? and please include an MP3 with the character?s corresponding line.

Now then, on to the characters:

Chapter One:

Aria Diabet (R)
    Profile: The main character of the series. Dialogue intensive as she provides a lot of narration and description. ?A 20-something human woman. Cynical, hard-edged, but somehow endearing. Requires charisma, an American accent.?
    Audition Lines: ?(Narration) My name?s Aria Diabet, and I am not a Dark Jedi. I swear. (pause) Sure, I?m not a peace-spouting, sandal-wearing Light Side Jedi Knight. I?m more of a death-dealing, boot-wearing, do-what-I-want Force adept. If my job requires the ?Dark Side,? whatever. If it takes the Light? well, I?ll get by. But I?m not a Sith lord.?

Or

?(Narration) Needless to say, this is totally and completely freaking me out. Makes me want to shoot something, just for the comfort.?

Imako Rei (R)
    Profile: ?A chipper, naïve-sounding 20-something dead human girl.? Former Jedi who has died under mysterious circumstances.
    Audition Lines: ?(gives a quiet, flirty laugh) Oh, Aria. What killed me? My friendship with you.?

Or

?(light-heartedly) Died? That was, like, ten minutes ago. Tell me you?re not just now getting that, or my murder will take forever to solve.?

Urôr
    Profile: ?A slightly sarcastic teenage human girl.? A Force-Sensitive who runs a fortune telling business. Vain and slightly valley girl-ish.
    Audition Lines: ?(bubbly) Yo, Aria. I?d ask what brings y? here, but you know me. (grunts slightly as she stands to her feet) Omniscient seer, and all that? (pauses as she looks at herself in a mirror) Hmmm?You think I?d seem less respectable as a future-seeing prophetess if I wore a lower-cut shirt? (pauses again as she looks Aria over) Oh, look who I?m asking. You?re in your all-black number again. The only skin you show below your chin is your fists.?

Tex Hai-soz
    Profile: ?A completely insane mid-30s human man. Accent should either be extremely American or slightly cockney.?
    Audition Lines: ?(growls angrily for several seconds before slowly breaking out into crazed-sounding laughter) You?re a good kid, Aria Roserain! Y? know, I was worried you?d make fun of my hair, ?cause then I?d a had t? kill you. But I love a sense of humor; my whole family loves to laugh, you know. Well, the survivors after the last reunion, that is? Am I right? Yeah, I really am. Three people died at the harvest dinner this year. But enough about Hai-soz family tradition; let?s drink!?

Server Droid
    Profile: Male or Female role. Polite sounding. Voice will be modulated during production, so speak normally. No accent. Minor Role.
    Audition Lines: ?(politely) Here?s your Rainwater, ma?am.?

The Gentleman Butcher
    Profile: ?A polite, British man who?s probably in his 40s.? Leader of the New Shadow Watch. A mannerly being in very uncivilized surroundi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.