main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idaho Celebration 3

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Psxjedi76, Jan 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    i sent hotel cost to everyone please read the mesage i got the credit card conformation via e-mail and plan to pay for the room in advance so that there are no problems with checking in.

I do know that some of still have to go to the will call and get our celebration @ c3 tickets that same night they close at 8pm and we arive at 6:30pm don't leave much time to get in the line.

2. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I'm so excited I am posting this everywhere!

George Lucas is confirmed to be attending Celebration III!!!!!!! Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!

From StarWars.com:

Star Wars creator/writer/director George Lucas will make an extraordinary guest appearance at Celebration III. His appearance at the Indiana Convention Center during the huge Star Wars fan festival will mark the first time that Lucas has attended a fan convention since the gathering that marked the 10-year anniversary of A New Hope in 1987.

"George has been very busy finishing Episode III, getting the last shots from ILM, and doing the final mix," said Steve Sansweet, Lucasfilm's head of Fan Relations. "So we were delighted that he was able to carve some time out from a heavily-booked schedule to share some of his thoughts with fans in person as he completes this amazing 30-year screen saga."

The filmmaker will be appearing on the Sagamore Ballroom stage with host Jay Laga'aia, where he will answer questions about his experiences creating the Star Wars saga, the surprises along the way, and his thoughts about what might come next both for him as a filmmaker and for Star Wars after Revenge of the Sith leaves the big screen.

Final details are being arranged, but Lucas has confirmed his plans to be in Indianapolis at some point during the four-day Celebration III, April 21 -- 24. Gen Con LLC, which is managing Celebration III in partnership with Lucasfilm, has reopened its advance ticket sales from now through 5:00 PM PST this Friday, April 8. If you haven't purchased a ticket yet, this is one way to guarantee your ability to attend the biggest Star Wars fan convention ever. Advance ticket sales already are well more than double those of advanced sales for Celebration II.

Please check the onsite schedule and the Information Booth at the Indiana Convention Center for the details of Lucas' appearance at Celebration III. The details will also be posted on www.starwars.com/c3 before the show. To purchase advance tickets for Celebration III go to www.starwarscelebration.com until Friday, April 8, 5:00 PM PST. Badges for Celebration III may be picked up at appropriately-marked Will Call kiosks in the registration area at the Convention Center. Because it is so close to the show, Gen Con will be able to process only regular orders during the extension period. Those who wish to add Official Star Wars Fan Club member benefits to their order may do so at the Fan Club Kiosk during the show.

3. cmdrwillard

cmdrwillard Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    Yeah it figures he would...lucky dogs (those of you going)...

4. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    this is so awsome i am so glad i decided to go now was well worth it to me now almost 20 years since he has been to a fan event i almost went into shock when i heard the news

5. QUIGONJINN02

QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2003
    "Whack!"
    That was the sound of my jaw hitting the pavement when the good cmdr called me last night and told me good old GL was coming to the convention.
    I'm %100 satisfied with spending the money now. I was a little saddened I didn't bump shoulders with him in July when I toured Skywalker Ranch, but now I can say I've seen him in person, and hopefully meet him to!

6. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    get your wallets ready here is some stuff you can buy while at c3 celebraton store

7. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    (grumble) (grumble)
    I better get my tax return this week or I'll scream bloody murder!!!!!

8. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    8 MORE DAYS!!!!

9. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    I hope some 11th hour luck helps me out...

10. Sidious72

Sidious72 Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2005
    I can't make it. I'm going to the I48 film festival that same weekend! Bring me some good camera footage!
    Thanks!

11. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Sorry you can't make it. Don't worry, we'll bring you some good footage!

12. codywankenizzle

codywankenizzle Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2004
    hi all! here it comes, just around the corner, C.III!!!!! yes, its hard to believe its already upon us. just one short week and we will be on the start of our adventure. just ironing out some of the last hotel details with kasey and ron , im passing along to whom it concerns (as im sure you may already know) that all payments to ron for hotel arrangements need to be brought w/ on the meeting this sun. Eric will also be attending the meeting as he is now coming to the celebration!!! congrats eric, glad you could make it for a couple of days. see you on sun!

peace is the journey,

codywan

13. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    I'm so excited now. I didn't even know Psxjedi and Codywan would be paying me a visit tonight, although I'm glad! We have figured out the expenses - $261 a night for all those staying for 5 nights, and cheaper for those staying 2 or 3 nights. Price went up a bit because we spread ourselves into both rooms that are connected up rather than trying to squeeze eight to a room...not comfortable!!!
    Already got my suitcases out...this is gonna rock!

14. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    7 MORE DAYS!
    So close, I can almost feel the plane taking off....
    oops, sorry Psxjedi!

15. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    I can now finally say I am part of the excitement. Can't wait even if I am only gonna be there two days.

16. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    omg Just one week and we will already be on the plane and up in the air..

17. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    Kasey it would not be 261 it will actually be 273 the rooms you booked are 224 after tax i said 212 last night but i was mistaken it is 224 so we have a difference of 96 dollars we need to devide that up among everone who is going should be we all pay an extra 12 dollars sorry I new we should have checked the e-mail i sent to you this should not be a problem

and the room i booked was 207 after tax and we estimated it being 201 the total amount of both rooms for all nights is 2000 dollars

18. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Danbinks and DarkAnakin are strapped as it is, so let's not ask them for anymore. We can all give a little more, Codywan, myself, you and hopefully Eric.
    This way we're not asking too much of people. Many are complaining about the hiked hotel rooms. I can understand why.

19. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    George Lucas' Schedule at Celebration III Saturday, April 23
    April 13, 2005

Star Wars creator/writer/director George Lucas, who will be making a rare convention appearance at Star Wars Celebration III, will answer fans' questions at three sessions on Saturday, April 23 at the Indiana Convention Center.
    Lucas will start early on Saturday, with the first of three half-hour sessions starting at 8:45 a.m. He'll answer questions about creating the Star Wars saga, in particular his experiences making Revenge of the Sith. Rick McCallum, producer of the Star Wars prequels, will join Lucas on the Sagamore Ballroom stage with host Jay Laga'aia. Audience members will have a chance to ask their own questions.

Stage Times:
    8:45 -- 9:15 a.m.
    9:35 -- 10:05 a.m.
    10:25 -- 10:55 a.m.
    Sagamore Ballroom, 2nd floor
    All shows will seat from the north doors and exit from the east doors. The audience will exit at the end of each show. The Sagamore Ballroom seats approximately 3,300 people.

Seating System

There are both Fan Club and non-Fan Club lines outside the Convention Center. The Fan Club entrance heads west down Maryland St., starting under the Marriott hotel skyway. The non-Fan Club line will run east from the Maryland St. lobby east entrance, and wrap south down Capitol Ave.

Seating for the 8:45 show will start at 8 a.m.

Approximately 70% of the first-show seating will be from the Fan Club line, and 30% from the non-member line. To sign up for the Fan Club, visit the Hyperspace/Insider booth in the Registration area before Saturday.

Show management plans to count and identify people with a visible marker between 6 a.m. and 8 a.m. Be sure to be in the line at that time. If you miss the count you will not have another opportunity to get an identification marker. There will be no holding places for others in line.

If you do not have the provided identification you will not be allowed on the second floor until after the final show has been seated, or at about 10:30 a.m.

You must have a valid Celebration III badge, which you should obtain before Saturday. It is doubtful that people will be able to purchase a badge Saturday morning in time to get in line for one of the shows.

Once all are seated for the first show, queuing will start for the second show.

Approximately 70% of the seating for the second show will come from the Fan Club line, and 30% from the non-member line.

2nd show guests who have received an identification marker will then enter the building, go upstairs, and into the queue on the second floor.

Third show guests will be given identification markers: 30% from the Fan Club line and 70% from the non-member line.

Doors will open to all Fan Club members for early entry to the rest of Celebration III at 9 a.m.

At approximately 9:25 a.m. those Fan Club members with identification markers will be allowed upstairs to queue.

At about 9:30 a.m., those in the non-member line with identification markers will be allowed into the Convention Center, and should proceed up the stairs to the queue for the third and final show. The doors will open to the rest of the non-member line at the normal time of 10 a.m.
    The R2-D2 Builders' Room and Star Wars in Pop Culture, both on the second floor, will open at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, April 23.

Times or schedules may change. Please check the onsite schedule and the screens at the Information Booth to confirm the exact time, date, and location of George Lucas' appearances at Celebration III.

we need to plan something where we can get in line asap to make first show. I think i will be taking a nap on saturday or leave the party early on friday night to make this camp should start real early in the morning like 5 am to make sure we get in the shows or right after the party. and just try to get some sleep in the line as best as we can.

need to have a empty back pack with some heavy blankets and gloves and stuff then after this can do some of the con for a bit and do a nap at the hotel. for a couple hours w

20. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    At least I chose the right day to be there...

21. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Just wanted to thank all of you who are allowing me to attend at the 11th hour. I have my plane ticket in hand now and am 100% sure I am attending some of Friday and all of Saturday. Look foward to seeing you all there.

22. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Glad you could make it. This is like we've gone in a time machine back to three years ago with CII. Crazy!

23. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Someone try and locate the Club Sign for our shelter when we camp out for Lucas...

24. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    2 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    1 DAY!!!!! 1 DAY!!!!!! 1 DAY!!!!!!!!!!

HELP ME LORD, AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just a little anxious....I don't know how I'm going to focus in my classes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.