main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Celebration 4 in L.A.....

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jawbreaker666, Apr 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dolfinz

Dolfinz Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2005
    Yes!! Thanks!! I'm super excited about this...never been to a Celebration :)

2. NivekSkywalker

NivekSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2006
    hi guys. i'm slightly thinking of going to c4 now. how much will it cost you guys on the average for passes, hotel and transportation? are u guys driving of flying there? if i go it will prolly be for 3 days not the whole 5. it would be nice if there was a tentative schedule of who will be there and what events will happen. if i don't go to c4 i'll go to sdcc for sure. also if there are any exclusives can i give the money to any of you guys to pick me up a figure or bust? thanks!

3. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Kevin - you should talk to Matt if you want to cut costs and share rooms with SFFF people (I'm not sure how many spots they have available for the rooms Robert reserved, but I'd imagine it is first come first serve).

Check the c4 web site hosted by GenCon. There you'll find prices for passes and hotel rates that they are offering for convention hotels that will have a shuttle. I'm staying in one of those hotels. I may even drive down due to my costume situation... although I know my husband would prefer to fly. We'll see.

4. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Personally, I think it should be first-come, first-served for hotels. I think that's fair. I'd like to drive my car, or rent a van, with up to 4 people. Dividing everything up by 4 (if all goes well and no one flakes) should turn out fine. We're already saving $ for airfare, since it's not in Indianapolis anymore.

5. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    matt how many slots are filled for the hotel? my interest in going to c4 went up a percentage. i feel like i'm gonna regret not going if i don't go. something tells me that Natalie will be there =D=

6. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Don't joke about something like that. It might not come true! ;)

7. Vru_Shattai

Vru_Shattai Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2004
    Well whoever is going can't wait to meet some of you there. Are we gonna have any special identification stuff?

8. Dolfinz

Sep 15, 2005
    Hey I was wondering...do you guys have a tentative timeframe planned for when you'll be leaving SF and when you'll be returning? After the convention I need to fly back home...maybe I should just go straight from LA?

9. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    im thinkin of going 2 c4 maybe for 2 days.either if i go or not can anyone pick me up whatever convention exclusive figure will be for sale and mini bust or bustup? that is if any of u aren't planning to get it. of course i'll give the money in advance (in Republican credits), TY

10. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I was hoping to get there on Wednesday, and leave Tuesday (that's when our hotel rooms are for). But that all depends when it's decided what day most people will want to go to Disneyland.

11. Dolfinz

Sep 15, 2005
    Cool, thanks. I'll see you guys at the February meeting!

12. AKAI_FETT

AKAI_FETT Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2006
    I'm Thinking Of renting a car for this. Anyone want to go in on it?

13. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I was thinking that too, Lou. As long as there are no more than 4 of us, and EVERYONE pays their fair share, I'm cool.

14. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Just a reminder, to post or read about thoughts on the upcoming C4:

http://boards.theforce.net/fanforce_star_wars_celebration_iv/b10611/p1

For those of you interested in autographs/celebrities that will be there, here's Official Pix's C4 page. Be sure to sign up for their e-mail list for updates, contests, as well as for volunteer information:

http://www.officialpix.com/OPX/CIV/CIV.html

15. AKAI_FETT

AKAI_FETT Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2006
    I just checked the car rates. $408.70 for Tuesday to Tuesday. Pick up at noon, drop off at noon. This is for a mini van or Chevy Blazer. I figure 4-5 people should do. 5 would be easier on the pocket . And If we do do this option, $ up front.

16. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    In the TF.N CIV boards, I started a thread about seeing "Pirates 3". There's a phone # to call the El Capitan Theater to put your name on a list to see the movie, perhaps a midnight premiere: 1-818-845-3110. When tickets go on sale, they will call you.

17. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    All I have to say is - OFFICIALLY ONLY (almost) 4 MONTHS UNTIL CELEBRATION IV and "another" Celebration as well!=D=

18. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    So do we need to each call individually or can someone do it for the whole group?

19. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I called the theater today and they took my phone number to call me and let me know when tickets would be on sale. He asked me how many tickets and for what day(s). I asked for two VIP seats (priority balcony, includes souvenirs, and no waiting in line) for either Thursday or Friday nights. He mentioned they planned a marathon of all 3 film with the new one beginning midnight on Thursday. Nothing is set in stone schedule-wise, but better safe than sorry. Yarrr!

20. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    About autographs:

http://www.starwars.com/community/event/celebration/news20070131.html

21. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    (Originally posted by BlueHarvest1138):

From http://www.wattographs.com/

CELEBRATION IV: LET THE RUMOR MILL BEGIN...
    February 5 | Gary X

We've deliberately not discussed any guest action at Celebration IV because we know from past experience that they usually don't lists guests this far out. I have seen confirmations from David Prowse and Nalini Krishan that they'll be there. I also understand Ian "Wes Janson" Liston is on schedule to go. While these three are all very nice people, they've been at previous Celebrations, so a lot of collectors already have them in their collections. If not, Wattographs will be glad to pick them up for you in May!

Tonight, however, I was given a rather interesting piece of news from a reputable source that none other than Samuel L. Muther-F'in Jackson is going to be there. His autograph is reportedly going to cost $100, minimum. Now, until the official confirmations come from Lucasfilm, this should be regarded as RUMOR ONLY. Lemme say it once more so that no one mistakes what I've just written: UNTIL THIS COMES OUT OFFICIALLY, IT'S RUMOR ONLY.

Let the speculation begin...

22. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    FYI - got this e-mail from Anne Neumann of OFFICIAL PIX:

"Hello Official Pix Volunteers!

Official Pix will again be hosting the autograph hall at Celebration
    IV in May. We need many volunteers such as yourself to help make the
    program a success. Most of you helped out at CIII and had a great
    time. I hope you'll consider joining us again as we celebrate 30
    years of STAR WARS!

For more information on how to volunteer for Official Pix and to sign
    up as a Celebration IV volunteer, please visit http://www.OfficialPixVolunteers.com and fill out the form.
    We will select all our volunteers from those that fill out the form. And feel free to pass the URL to your friends who are also interested in working with us!

Once GenCon has published a minimal schedule of activities I will
    begin to contact folks and work out schedules. As always, thank you
    for your time and I hope to work with you again soon!

------------------------------------
    Anne Neumann
    Volunteer Coordinator
    anne@officialpix.com
    http://www.OfficialPix.com
    Star Wars is Forever! "

23. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Exclusive busts from GG at CIV: Darth Malak (EU) and Clone Commander Gree (ROTS). Looks like there'll be more exclusives, depending on when and where you are this year:

https://www.gentlegiantltd.com/blog/2007/2/32/gentle-giant-travels-the-world-with-star-wars-exclusives

24. Dolfinz

Sep 15, 2005
    Hey guys, I don't know if you remember my friend Andrea (she came to the Nightmare before Xmas thing), but she just found out about C4 and would love to go as well! I'll bring her to the meeting this weekend!

25. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    It looks like Sideshow Collectibles is having TWO exclusives for CIV. No official announcements yet, but they'll be dropping more hints as the date draws closer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.