main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration V rumors by Steve Sansweet

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by pwinklespi, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Joe - ummmmmmmmmm - first of all....[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

Oh wait - you're serious...[face_laugh][face_laugh]:oops:

Of course we would all like Celebration 'close to home' - yes it gets expensive, between airfare and hotel and other travel related expenses, but come off it the whole shtick is beyond old, and far from being amusing.

The US is NOT the end all be all of Star Wars, especially not the midwest (and Indy). Yes, two of the Celebrations were held there - but the first one was held in Denver, and I haven't heard that same slavish loyalty to that location. Los Angeles works for a lot of the actors (Ewoks Rock as Kevin would say!) and for those coming from overseas, it was a direct flight. The biggest issue was the hotels (and they will have that rectified soon I hear).

My (and others) BIGGEST issue with CE was the timing - it was so close to C5 we had to choose between the two. CJ was announced to late for many of us to make plans (I tried - I ALMOST could have done it though).

I guess the long and short of it is, we're TIRED of hearing the same old *Cretchin* from you. You've become a posting doomsday cloud in what's a light hearted equivalent of the Merry Pranksters Bus "Further" (Which I think should be the title of the next CV rumors thread! [face_dancing])

We KNOW you want it in Indy. We KNOW you would have problems getting there if it wasn't (and funny enough, if you had even a *smidgen* of a decent attitude, there might have been a way to help as some of us have access to other resources) We KNOW , and I for one and utterly SICK of it.

2. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    It's been my understanding that there have been 4 Celebrations in the US and 2 (1 in Europe and 1 in Japan). That's it. I think we can handle them spreading them out a bit. There's a lot of Star Wars fans all over the world.

--GJ

3. jorbex

jorbex Jedi Youngling

Sep 28, 2006
    Wow. Well, you can't beat such sound arguments; you win. :rolleyes:

4. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    If C5 is indeed announced for 2010, at least we'll have plenty of things to help quench our SW thirst.

From The Force Unleashed, to The Clone Wars, to all the new books/novels, we should be able to get thru 2009 fairly easily. :)

5. ShadaErsari

ShadaErsari Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2003
    We still don't have any solid proof to go on - be it 2009, 2010, 2045 or never. Some of us are planning and saving before an official announcement; some of us aren't. Some of us don't care where it is and would just like to know when. And some of us really don't care where it is but like to push our points anyway because we can.

I can't say I agree that America needs more SW Celebrations because that's just...greedy? Is that the word I want? It's a story that's affected the entire world - not just one little population that happens to occupy the continent of North America. I think it's awesome that they had Celebration Europe and Japan. I hope to see more - Australia deserves something. They've been waiting a while for it, I think. Coming here to the US for every Celebration has been breaking some Oz fans' wallets, I know. Other countries deserve something.

For some reason, a Jurassic Park quote came to mind: "Everyone in the world has a right to enjoy these animals." Only replace animals with Celebrations.

Stupid, I know. lol But you can't help the way your mind runs sometime. ;)

6. Fistofury

Fistofury Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2002

I personally don't mind Celebrations in other countries, truthfully it gives my pocketbook a year or two off until I gear up until the next one (in the US). I've also thought long and hard about going to CE or CJ but it's hard to put together the money so close to other C's.

My biggest beef is that there has been some really neat stuff at oversea Celebrations that IMHO would have been nice to have here too. I mean, I've been to 3 C's and haven't seen Hamill yet. Where's the love? On the flip side, it was neat to see Lucas, even if I had to stand in the freezing sleet for umpteen hours.

7. ShadaErsari

ShadaErsari Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2003
    lol Ah, yes. The freezing sleet of Indianapolis. Fun times. ;)

8. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    Yeah, stupid me packed light for Indy. I had two pairs of shoes with me... a pair of new chucks that gave me blisters and a pair of flip flops. I chose to wear the flip flops one day and it was sleeting. Didn't think there would be a line to get inside...stooopid me! LOL!

9. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    LOL - I did the exact same thing - packed light for C3. What a mistake that turned out to be on every level.

For CIV, I brought enough clothes to completely change 3 times per day!

10. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Live and learn fans, live and learn.

Shada you should put that in your sig (the quote)

Now are we going to remember the line of hell? if so I'llhave to dig some pics up.

Of course I'd love to travel to Aussieland for a Celebration, but give me another year to finish paying the credit cards off ^-^

11. joesdomain

joesdomain Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2006
    I did not wait in line at CIII. Did the smart thing, saved money and went one day. Which happen to be sunday. Upset I could not go to all of it but with family at home who hate star wars and me being the only one who likes it. It's tough!

12. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Your family actually hate Star Wars?!:eek:
    Not just a case of not interested, but hating.
    That sucks.:(

As for C5, where ever they put it, I hope it isn't at a time and place, where we will have to bring out the winter clothes.
    The suitcases will not have room for both winter clothes and merchandise.:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.