main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX City Rep

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by goldbubbly, Apr 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goldbubbly

goldbubbly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2002
    This may seem to soon to some of you to start discussing this, but it is something we need to discuss. City Rep is part of being an official Fan Club.

A description of a city rep:

This person will work directly with a FanForce Regional Support Administrator to help you plan out activities, interface with charities, gather sponsors (if and when necessary) and address all issues and concerns regarding FanForce and TheForce.Net in general.

City Representatives must be (first and foremost,) leaders -- capable of organizing and supporting an entire community of city-wide fans. As a CR, you are there to serve and represent your organization. You must garner their trust and their support. They have to believe that you can be called upon to represent them and TFN in any capacity. They are responsible for the group in situations such as finances and contracts, and therefore must be at least 18 years of age.

A key point to understand is that CR's do not appoint themselves as such. As FanForce is essentially "for the fans, by the fans," we trust that CR's can, and will, be appointed by the cities themselves. We expect that this will stem from cities meeting together, planning activities together, and communicating on the forums together. FanForce cities will use these avenues to decide on a CR.

=============================================
    So basically you have to be:
    1)over 18
    2)nominated

So do you have someone you wish to nominate?

I would like to begin nominations with Queenie_Amidala

2. Truxtun

Truxtun Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 2001
    Queenie Sounds good to me... I'll help out where and when I can. I started and was the president of the River Cities Corvette Club back about 7-8 years ago, They still have around 150 members. (based in Shreveport, and I now live in Houston). So I can help out with how to do things...

Steve

3. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    I second that nomination, and would also like to put forth Weaves name for consideration.

4. Jaina02

Jaina02 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 1999
    I agree with Queenie! I would love to nominate myself, but I'll be gone soon and trying to set up my own fanforce in Abilene.

GO QUEENIE!

5. BabyPadme

BabyPadme Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2002
    you have my vote Queenie!
    Queenie 4
    Weaves 1

6. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Well, thank you all for your support and somewhat blind faith in me. :)

There are a great many people in our group that would make excellent reps. Jaina, Weaves, goldbubbly (if she were old enough [face_plain] )...no matter who we choose, we'll be in good hands, I believe.

:D

7. Vadersnoghri

Vadersnoghri Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    I dont know QUEENIE, but from what I have read, I also nominate her.

8. mikel_antilles

mikel_antilles Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2002
    If QUEENIE wants the job, my vote goes towards her. :)

9. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    I agree with Queenie! I would love to nominate myself, but I'll be gone soon and trying to set up my own fanforce in Abilene.

Going to ACU?

10. Jaina02

Oct 8, 1999
    Yeah... how do you know about ACU? Usually I have to explain about it!

11. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    I know people who went to Abilene Christian.

:)

12. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    Yeah... how do you know about ACU? Usually I have to explain about it!

What, you mean aside from being the son of a Church of Christ preacher? My dad also does the ACU Singing School in the summers. I'm also personal friends with the Oglesby's (name mean anything to you?), and Jedilane went there, as well. Yep, I know that school well, well, that is, for one who never attended school there.

13. goldbubbly

Jan 5, 2002
    i've heard of ACU before. their track team invaded a golden coral i was at once. 8-}

14. Jaina02

Oct 8, 1999
    Wow!!! What church do you go to?

15. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Anyway, back on topic (you little threadkillers, you :p )...

Are there any questions about City Rep? I mean, does everyone understand what the job entails?

Y'all, feel free to nominate yourselves. Seriously, no one will hold it against you. If you think you, or anyone else, would be good for the job, post it here. Let us know. We want to make sure everyone has a say, and we want to pick the right person.

:)

16. goldbubbly

Jan 5, 2002
    and i did kinda mean this for a nomination thread....the actual voting i was hoping would come later. it seems unanimous so far though [face_plain] 8-}

17. bebo_lokk

bebo_lokk Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 16, 2001
    I'll go with the popular vote and cast my vote for Queenie.

18. Quarantine

Quarantine Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2002
    QUEENIE

19. Master-Omaj-Kadub

Master-Omaj-Kadub Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 22, 2000
    Queenie would make a great leader....

I suppose if Weaves is no longer interested, I also would swing my vote towards Queenie...

Darth Stryphe? ACU? We'll talk about it later I suppose...

20. WJGlory

WJGlory Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2002
    I'm new here but I'm going with Queenie as well...

21. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    Well, I'd nominate myself, but I'd only do it in a mad scheme to become a moderator so that I might ban my enemies [face_devil] so no one vote for me 8-}

I don't know whether or not Weaves is interested. He doesn't sign on as much currently because of other committments, so just because he hasn't said yea or nay yet doesn't mean anything. I'll give him a call this weekend and find out.

Darth Stryphe? ACU? We'll talk about it later I suppose...

Well, I didn't go to ACU. My involvement with it is limited to the above list, but feel free to PM me on the topic. ACU is a cool place.

Wow!!! What church do you go to?

Bammel, as does Jedilane (but that's not where my dad preaches, I'm not from around here). What church do you go to?

22. weaves

weaves Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 6, 2001
    OK....

I think Queenie kinda has the support on this so I think I'll bow out...but...like I've said before, I'll be happy to help out and network anyway I can....

I'm just really happy that there is this much enthusiaam for the fanforce here in town. See everyone at the meeting on Saturday!

Thanks for the nomination from Darth-Stryphe!!!

23. bebo_lokk

bebo_lokk Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 16, 2001
    Hey there Weaves, I thought you didn't have the time for it these days. If you're interested, let it be known!

24. goldbubbly

Jan 5, 2002
    yes, this was meant as a nomination thread. we will have a poll/runoff/election if it is needed

25. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Exactly. Please don't think that I am the only option for City Rep. Seriously, there are probably better people for it. I would gladly accept the job, but I don't want it if there is someone else. :)

Weaves, you seem to have gotten a bunch of stuff together before. Would you be interested?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.