main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Clone troopers returning in this trilogy?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by mercer590, Dec 22, 2015.

?

Do you want this or not?

1. yes i want this!

30.8%
  2. no this is a bad idea!

69.2%
  1. mercer590

mercer590 Jedi Padawan

Dec 18, 2015
    What do you think of the idea of clone troopers returning in episode 8 or maybe 9. Kylo Ren made a comment which proved that if they wanted too they coul start clone armies again, jango fett probably wont be the template but imagine clone troopers returning. what are your thoughts?

2. CakeThiefPro

CakeThiefPro Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 16, 2015
    Hopefully Phasma isn't the template.

3. StarKiller81

StarKiller81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2014
    I don't think they will return. It was just a nice little way for Ren to insult Hux.

Krueger likes this.
  4. mercer590

mercer590 Jedi Padawan

Dec 18, 2015
    maybe del toro's unknown character is the template?

5. BarkingFrog

BarkingFrog Jedi Master star 2

Jan 4, 2009
    Kylo Ren's line was a jab at Hux from what I recall. The more humanized Stormtroopers of The Force Awakens are interesting; we don't need to retread what's already been done the prequel trilogy.

CakeThiefPro and JediRocks74 like this.
  6. mercer590

mercer590 Jedi Padawan

Dec 18, 2015
    the clones all ahd distinct characters and they are definnetly fan favorites thanks to the tv series, so why not do a callback to those types of soldiers + Hux's soldiers seem to be failing time and time again so maybe they need to try a new maneuver

7. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I'd rather not....

8. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    No thanks [face_plain]

9. Jozgar

Jozgar Jedi Master star 3

Dec 20, 2015
    Please no.

10. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Reclassifying as Speculation, not Spoiler.

11. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    No. Finn's defection doesn't mean s whole new type of developing soldiers. The Stormtroopers in this dim wouldn't lose to Ewoks. That one trooper gave Finn a run for his money up against a lightsaber, albeit in the hands of a newb with only one kill under his belt.

12. Mindless Monster

Mindless Monster Jedi Master star 4

Dec 4, 2014
    After the Finn debacle I think the FO would be wise to spend its converting planets into Super Death Stars budget on financing a clone army.

13. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I thought the line was great and it made me laugh but I don't see it actually happening. They have too much other stuff to cover.

14. JediRocks74

JediRocks74 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 7, 2015
    I didn't like the clonetroopers because they were all CGI. The stormtroopers in TFA were real people in real suits.

15. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    I kind of actually like the idea of another clone army but this time they are the bad guys.

16. Mindless Monster

Mindless Monster Jedi Master star 4

Dec 4, 2014

Clonetroopers aren't inherently cgi...

17. mercer590

mercer590 Jedi Padawan

Dec 18, 2015
    Yeah they were only made cgi in the prequels, they could always make real suits in this trilogy since its all about "practical effects" nowadays

18. Tobi

Tobi Jedi Master star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    i hope not

19. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Eh. I predict no more than a year's time passing between TFA and Episode VIII, then perhaps no more than 3 or 4 years between VIII and IX. I don't think that's enough time even with accelerated ageing to have a clone army developed again

20. AmidalaLover

AmidalaLover Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 19, 2014
    Yes. However different template. Maybe even multiple templates. It would make sense for the First Order to do this especially if they lost a lot of troops

21. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013

I think they might be going this way! Kylo seems to want it and it would definitely keep what happened with Finn from happening. The clones are better shots if they use the right template. I would be surprised!

22. Jedirush2112

Apr 10, 2013

I hate to break it to you! But all those First Order Troops that watch the firing of the the Weapons Weren't all actors. There was as much CGI there than in the Prequels. Maybe the first two rows were Real actors.

23. Jedirush2112

Apr 10, 2013

They retrieved Vader's Mask? Maybe they retrieved Boba Fett as well! Hell he might still be alive and partially digested. Its only been 30 years not 1000! LOL

24. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    It's a non-Zero chance that Snokey goes and buys a bunch of Clones in Episode 8 or 9, considering his batch of slow growing Kidnapped Kids has been largely wiped out.
    Indeed... a whole lot of Phasmas. Which would mean recruiting a whole lot of very tall extras. And an entire army of evil women, which would be an interesting twist to the Girl Power thing.