main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clone Wars 3D short before the Phantom Menace 3D: Why not?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by rezpen, Sep 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    With all those captive eyes why not treat us to a Clone Wars 3D short? It could even be an adventure that ties into the events of the Phantom Menace or maybe a prequel to the movie itself?
    - Obi Wan and Qui Gon must defend Satine from an assassination attempt (maybe get Jango involved).
    - Darth Maul and Savage Opress back on the farm or how Sidious recruited Darth Maul.
    The possibilities are endless.

2. CaptainYossarian

CaptainYossarian Jedi Master star 3

Mar 30, 2003
    It's a possibility but I think such a thing would either have to be something done just for fun, or tied directly into the film it precedes since there would be little opportunity to explain what was going on. Then there would always be a danger that anything too specific to TCW would not mean much to the majority of the audience and it may look weird to have something animated in a stylised way leading into the film.

3. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    I think that's a fabulous idea. Considering that this will already be an opportunity for the new younger fan who only know TCW to see what "real" Star Wars is like, there's no reason not to use a little bait to draw them in.

Imagine if the final moments of TCW were revealed through an intro to ROTS 3D in 2014. [face_thinking]

4. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    Definitely like that idea, how amazing would it be to find out the final fate of Ahsoka and Rex leading into ROTS? Perfect. Or to unravel the mysteries of Sifo Dias or the seduction of Dooku before Attack of the Clones? How great would a Rookies type episode be before a New Hope where we see how the clones have adjusted to the Empire minutes before you see them burst into the Blockade Runner? Let's bug Filoni I want to see this!

5. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Brilliant ideas all around.

6. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I actually can't wait for the rereleases to come out. I don't care if they consider it milking, its always awesome to see older movies on the big screen again. They should start rereleasing more older movies.

7. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    I'm not sure what this thread is about, or how 3D comes into this. Are we talking about shorts from the TCW team that don't follow the Clone Wars, but can serve to fill in the gaps for the films?

The idea sounds interesting if done well. Maybe these shorts could be extras on future DVDs.

8. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    I really like the idea of like a 10 minute short starring Darth Maul.

9. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Wait wait what? I'm confused. I haven't started watching season 3 of Clone Wars, but did the Jedi discover how to resurrect Qui Gon or something? Why would we see Qui Gon in a Clone Wars short?

10. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    ^ I think they meant showing an adventure of young Padawan Obi Wan and Qui-Gon fighting off Mandalorians, saving Satine. So, a flashback of sorts.

I for one, would be interested in a short that shows young Obi Wan and Qui-Gon in training beginning with Yoda telling a Youngling called Obi Wan about the codex of the Jedi.

11. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Lets not get carried away here, I don't want to see that. We already have at least 2 more seasons of clone wars cartoons, plus the new animation, and now star wars in 3-D. What we need is the live action series to finally take off before star wars becomes routinely boring.

I mean the novels are going to start gravatating towards the Old Republic time frame, just look at Knight Errant, Red Harvest, two more Old Republic TOR novels, a Sunrider novel, Darth Plegius. Heck we got six already, and Kemp got a duology. Porpbaly one of them will be a old republic novel.

The comics have well more of the same the sith are on top and the jedi are extinct, can't do anything, behind the 8 ball and what not.

12. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I like this idea of a 3-D mini movie before "The Phantom Menace", but why stop there. Why not make six prelude shorts taking place right before each movie. They could show stories revealing what happened right before the events in the movies.

Examples:

(TPM) Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan's whereabouts before the TF blockade. Darth Sidious's pact with the Trade Federation and Darth Maul's final trial before becoming a dark lord. Anakin's failed attempt in finding a way of removing the slave transmitter. Explanation of Naboo's politics and why Padme was chosen at such a young age.

(AOTC) Obi-Wan and Anakin's mission on Ansion. Padme's senatorial activities on Naboo and why she distrusts Count Dooku. Jango and Boba Fett on Kamino. A meeting between Darth Sidious and Darth Tyranus discussing how they started the clone project and what their next plans will be.

(ROTS) Padme and other senators joining together to form the first committee that would question Palpaptine's growing power. Mace Windu and Yoda debating the future ahead. Darth Sidious ordering Count Dooku and General Grievous to set into motion the plot to kidnap the Chancelor. Anakin and Obi-Wan racing to get back to Coruscant.

(ANH) A previous meeting between Luke and Ben Kenobi. Han and Chewbacca's last spice smuggling gig which lost them their job with Jabba. The capture of the stolen data tapes and Leia's mission to secure them. The Emperor sending Vader to hunt down the rebels, and Jabba's disappointment in Han and wanting to find him.

(TESB) Luke and his friends searching for a new rebel base and running into a bounty hunter on Ord Mantell. Darth Vader revealing his plan of how to find the rebel base. Jabba the Hutt sending out a call to all the bounty hunters in the galaxy to find Han Solo and Chewbacca. The discovery and relocation of the rebel base on Hoth.

(ROTJ) Chewbacca and Lando finding Jabba's Palace and the latter going undercover. Luke returning to Obi-Wan's abobe out in the desert and the contruction of his new lightsaber. Leia's plan to fabricate the capture of Chewbacca on Tatooine in the guise of the bounty hunter, Boussh. The Emperor and Darth Vader discussing the future of the Empire after the new Death Star's plans were allowed to be stolen.

I know these would be hard to cram into a half hour segment but I'm sure they could do it.

13. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    It won't happen, its to fan boyish

14. icqfreak

icqfreak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 1999
    Is it even possible with the films distributed by Fox and the Clone Wars by Warner Bros??

15. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    Heck, I wish they'd just re-do the prequels with the TCW cast and crew.

16. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    I doubt if a short would happen - it would add too much running time to already fairly long films.

17. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Then, why not just air them on television one week before the movies are released in 3D? At least this way they could make them however long they need to be .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.