main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    Darth Maul, is that you?

:cool:

Going into the show, I think the very first episode Ambush, Destroy Malevolence, and Rookies are great episodes to start with. I generally love all the Jar Jar stuff, especially Bombad Jedi ("Battle droids?" - "No..."). Lair Of Grievous. Hostage Crisis is genius and definitely leaves the kid show aspect behind. After that, I wasn't easily thrilled anymore by the show; In season 2, Grievous intrigue works good on its own, the Mandalore arc is nice, and the final arc is great, especially Artoo Come Home that goes for Leone comparisons (in comparison, the Seven Samurai and Godzilla homages both fell really flat for me). Third season... the clone episodes are great, the Opress arc is very atmospheric as is Mortis (and Hunt For Ziro is very entertaining - surfer dude Quin ftw!). Fourth season has a nice droid adventure (with Nomad Droids being the more important half), Umbara is really great (and I'm normally not into overly military stuff), and the final four episodes are really atmospheric (especially the last two, which can be viewed without the first two). Fifth season... well, I enjoyed the droid squad arc (starting with Secret Weapons), especially Sunny Day In The Void. That was about it. Sixth season is better, just leave Clovis out and you'll have good entertainment.

Generally, I wouldn't say that later seasons are better. They have better production and they go for larger stories, eventually only doing four or at least three episodes in an arc; but at the same time, they take this too seriously. As a cartoon, the show's advantage is speed. When you get dragged down in Ahsoka moodily trying to emulate a noir film pose, or when you have an endless action scene that's just repititive, and when you finally have children enact a state philosophy class, the show really loses its punch. By the way, I really wanted to like the Padmé/senate-centric stuff.

Iron_lord likes this.
  2. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    Had an idea yesterday which I hope an author will pick up.

Since "Sacrifice" introduced a talking composite snake-spirit, I think this would be a good opportunity for a retcon. The progression seems to go from older to newer Sith in the ep, maybe the snake could be the spirit of an ancient Sith. Say, an established character like Adas? Could make for a pun (Adas - "adder") and we know Lucas loves those.

Plus, Adas used charcoal-colored armor with scales and spikes. The snake had weird spikes/fins along the side. The colors almost match, too.

Just a thought. ;)

Revanfan1, Zorrixor and purplerain like this.
  3. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011

Filoni's working on Rebels now, so have no fear. We'll be getting plenty of mileage out of that catchphrase yet.

4. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    The Lawless.

By far the best episode in the series. The only time we see Darth Sidious fight in person. Truly a unique event. (And no, an astral illusion duel in Sacrifice does not count [face_not_talking])

Sable_Hart and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  5. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Bounty is properly the most fun for fun sake episode. The Ventress sidetrack is the only thing that brings that one kind of down.

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Bounty is the one episode I can watch on repeat.

And do watch on repeat.

Gorefiend likes this.
  7. werpudel

werpudel Jedi Master star 2

Dec 4, 2008
    I'm watching S5 on Blue Ray right now and just finished the Padawan arc which started out cheesy but had some real highlight-reel moments in "Rescue Mission" IMHO. "Sunny day in the Void" was also hilarious, the whole Droids arc, in fact, is some of the best I've seen in TCW, which I honestly didn't expect.

8. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    It's called ROTS, unless you're referring to the series alone.

9. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    So going forward, do we now consider this whole tread pointless, or do I get to keep my fun little personal timeline? :(

10. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    You should keep your timeline. It's better than anything we will officially get.

11. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    Yes.

The general rule for Star Wars storytelling is that high quality and the presence of Darth Sidious are positively correlated. E.g., more Sidious, more better. :D

12. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    I love how this got to page #666 right before the announcement was made

13. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    Let him that hath understanding, huh?

Riven_JTAC and darthcaedus1138 like this.
  14. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    So does that make the Order to Axe the EU Order 666?

15. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Was not Mighella first with that look in the Darth Maul comic?

Starkeiller likes this.
  16. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Hey guys remember when continuity was a thing?

17. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Yeah, it started TODAY.

18. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I always wondered what people would have thought of the show if it was the only thing outside of the movies.
    ...Though, I meant what people would have thought of the Mandolorians and Nighsisters and stuff if they had been invented whole cloth for the show, not like this.

Not like this!

darthscott3457 likes this.
  19. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    What's a Mandolorian?

20. Starkeiller

Dec 5, 2004
    I think it's like a Duros with no nose. Or something.

Zorrixor and Gorefiend like this.
  21. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Wait, its spelled Mandalorian? Why are they nicknames Mandos then?

22. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    [​IMG]

23. Starkeiller

Dec 5, 2004
    "Mandos", to sound more like "Duros", see?

Revanfan1, Zorrixor and MercenaryAce like this.
  24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Be careful. The Mandos might get a name change to avoid that confusion.

CooperTFN, Gorefiend and Starkeiller like this.
  25. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012