main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clone Wars information and Episode III spoiler news - *Contains Ep3 Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Kadue, Feb 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I don't think loosing a lightsaber is a big thing in the PT era. He'll probibally just get a new one.

2. DarthSithLord

DarthSithLord Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2001
    If anything I hope the CWC increases in Animation... because Cartoons are judged by their graphics, never their story... which sucks sometimes.

I really do hope they dont use Sammuri Jack Graphics... those are lame... bring on Pre-CGI or High Quality Anime.

3. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I'll even take 1970's Scooby Doo over Samurai Jack.

4. Audiobot

Audiobot Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2002
    I wouldn't worry too much about the animation. The reason why the CN original cartoons are a bit lackluster animation-wise is because of the tight deadlines involved with weekly half hour television, and the budget limitations. I think the CW cartoon will benefit from being shorts rather than 30 minute episodes...think about the quality difference between a 2 minute commercial and your average episode of basic cable tv. (okay, maybe not as good as a multi-million dollar commercial, but you get the idea) I like the design of Samurai Jack, and I think the sample CW artwork on the official site looks good. Here's hoping...

5. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Sapient-

Hey, I like the Scooby animation! ;)

I'm not sure about the Samurai Jack style for Star Wars, though. I guess we'll just have to wait and see, ah?

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Latest Insider's prequel update has a mention by McCallum that we'll be seeing new trooper designs in Episode 3...I wonder if the ARC Trooper might make a cameo? ::)

7. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Hmmm...

That would be interesting but I would place my money on a design more similar to Stormtroopers ;)

8. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I agree with you 100%. If there are to be deviations, expect them to be even closer to that of the OT stormtrooper.

9. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    Actually, I dunno. Durge and some other characters were designed by Lucasfilm. I wonder if the ARC troopers were designed by Lucasfilm...

10. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Well in a way isn't every thing designed by Lucasfilm ?[face_plain]

I mean if I said that the characters in the Clone War video game were designed by LFL I wouldn't be wrong. It doesn't mean that Lucas is there with his stamp making sure that he likes all of the designs ;) (remember the stamp from TPM docu. Hillarious).

11. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    It would be interesting if Windu has a different Lightsaber in III... He would have a different one in every episode he appears in... I believe thats a record.

12. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    Well in a way isn't every thing designed by Lucasfilm

No. In this see, i think they mean artists that actually created some of the concept art for the movies.

I mean, if Dark Horse artsists were the sole group responible for creating the ARC troprs, you ouldn't say they were esigned by Lucasfilm.

They don't say other original characters arecreaed by Lucasfilm.

I mean if I said that the characters in the Clone War video game were designed by LFL I wouldn't be wron

Yeah you would. Specifically, they woud be designed by LucasArts. I don't recall the Lucas Arts website saying that "this character has been designed by Lucasfilm" too often.

[image=http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/2003/03/img/starfighter_spotlight_bg.jpg]

Spotlight: Anakin's modified Jedi starfighter
    Anakin's starfighter began as a standard Delta-7 Aethersprite that was heavily modified by the Chosen One to suit his demanding tastes for speed and control. It is more heavily armed than the standard Jedi starfighter, and handles better during atmospheric flight. These concept design sketches are by Ryan Church, one of the Concept Design Supervisors for Episodes II and III.

Is that fighter based on concept art for Episode II?

Anyway, the only real difference between the stormtroopers in AotCs and the ones in the OT are the helmets. Let's face it, i you wanted to make the stormtrooper armor anymore OT stormtroorish, you're basically going to have an OT stormtrooper. I can't see GL throwing away the AotCs look so quickly. We haven't had enough time to enjoy them yet. Te ARC clone trooper armor looks different enough from the AotCs armor, yet it doesn't It looks somewhat like an OT trooper but not too much.

[image=http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/2003/03/img/h03_3_bg.jpg]

It has the shoulder pauldrons thathe stormtroopers in ANH wore, and it also has the cloak that that the snowtroopers in the Empire strikes Back wore.

13. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Up! (not looking... ;))

14. SuperStarDestroyer

SuperStarDestroyer Jedi Master star 3

Apr 8, 1999
    Is General Grievous actually Assaji Ventress? Maybe Assaji got fatally injured durung the clone wars, and Dooku saved her with bionic and droid implants and she became resurrected as the cyborg Grievious. That would explain Grievious' lightsaber wielding capabilities.

15. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    I doubt it very much ;)

Oh, and Rick McCallum has said that ARC Troopers are not in Ep3.

16. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Though, after the popularity of the cartoon, it wouldn't be difficult for them to insert a couple ARCs into the background, since all the trooper armor is CGI anyways.

17. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    That's a good idea 2ndQuest, I would really like that :D

18. AniSkylover

AniSkylover Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 5, 2001
    I want ARC in EP3 plz :D

or they are all dead?!

19. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    Rick McCallum said there are no ARC Troopers in Ep3 :(

But with how much the fans' love them, I think it's madness that we won't get a single glimpse of them on the big screen :(

20. Celticsfan

Celticsfan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 2003
    "Though, after the popularity of the cartoon, it wouldn't be difficult for them to insert a couple ARCs into the background, since all the trooper armor is CGI anyways."

Yes, that would be great. :)

Let's hope...

21. starbird2273

starbird2273 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2003
    I like the idea of Grevious being Asajj, but I have been thinking that it is in face DURGE. I mean, it would almost make sense. Am I just a crazy old wizard?

22. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Anyone know if those funky clone starfighters Torrent-V19's or whatever are going to appear in Episode 3, or are they another thing invented soley for the cartoon?

23. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    They are not confirmed yet Jaypee, and I do believe they were designed for the cartoon. But I would love to see them in the film to give a link between the series and the movie.

24. Apprentice_Anakin

Apprentice_Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Sep 17, 2001
    One thing that bugs me is when people FLIP OUT at the name 'General Grievous' saying that it is an Episode III story. It ISN'T! And you wanna know why? Because www.starwars.com posted it there, therefore it is NOT considered a spoiler. Unless you think that Chewie being in it is a spoiler as well.

25. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    Some people even find a character name a spoiler. It is considered a spoiler, and even TOS posts spoilers, even though it was an accident that was up for only 2 hours ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.