main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cloud City Cantina [Version 12.0]

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Qui-Gon_Reborn, Jan 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Yay!
    Now can you please post Message In A Bottle? :D

On my phone, links don't work. :(

2. Roberto Calrissian

Roberto Calrissian Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 26, 2012
  3. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Thanks, Roberto!

:)

I'm off to bed now, good night everyone.

4. darktrooper25

darktrooper25 Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 25, 2010
  5. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
  6. darktrooper25

Sep 25, 2010
  7. darktrooper25

Sep 25, 2010
    I RETRACT THE PREVIOUS COMMENT!!!!

Hello Jordan1Kenobi!

Bye CCC

Random Comments likes this.
  8. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    *crickets chirping*

Alright, who let the crickets in!?!?!

9. Random Comments

Sep 25, 2012
    *crickets continue chirping*

10. Random Comments

Sep 25, 2012
    Somebody get those crickets!!!

11. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    Just finished Spec Ops: The Line. As a game it's a bit meh, a by the numbers shooter that everyone has played a million times over. As an art piece on the other hand it's a very strong deconstruction of the genre and the modern obsession with shooting things in the face for instant gratification, a timely reminder that such violence is not a nice thing in the real world and carries the suggestion that finding entertainment in killing people, even just in virtual reality, is psychotic.

12. darktrooper25

Sep 25, 2010
    So I'm psychotic?

13. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    No need to take it personally, I didn't. :p

14. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    I don't play video games so am I right to sometimes feel like I'm one of the few remaining sane and caring people left in a world of an increasingly psychotic human population?

Random Comments likes this.
  15. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    I think the message of the game can apply to almost all forms of violent media. Games, movies, books etc.

16. darktrooper25

Sep 25, 2010
    I didn't take it personally, I was just surprised that people would make a shooter to make people think its not good to play shooters.
    Kind of defeating their purpose their.

Also, Hello chewgumma

Hello FT

17. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    Are you saying that this game has a sort of anti-violence message? [I'm a bit confused]

18. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    Not really, that's the entire point. It's much like how Bioshock had a very subversive message about the nature of First person shooters despite being a FPS, and that is a gambit the majority of shooters have tried to copy since. Spec Ops did exactly what Bioshock did, it uses the genre to tell something more poignant and contemplative than Call of Duty's mindless running and gunning, This is mainly done by showing you the damage your actions do to people. A mortar strike is a throw away thing in Call of Duty, but if you play the white phospherous mortar scene in Spec Ops you are in for one of the most harrowing sequences in video game history.

19. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    THE TRAILER HAS ARRIVED

20. darktrooper25

Sep 25, 2010
    Let me take a guess at the phospherous scene. Mortar hits and phospherous goes every were and coats hostiles in burning death, and while this is happening your character is watching them scream in agony as their flesh is burned away and their trying in vain to putt out the fire burning them to death and then the stop screaming and die and one of the characters say's that's messt up. or does it begin and end with a civilian family cot in the cross fire and your character find's or see's a child burning to death.

weapon's of destruction are not something to play with in the real world, for the pain and misery you cause the victim and their family, even if their your enemy will hurt you some time down the road.

Thats why it ticks me off when people say it was the games fault for them beating some one to death or shooting someone. It is not the games fault, it may be violent but you should take self responsibility and realize that pulling that trigger in real life means their gone for good, no re-spawn. This is just me ranting, its a subject that gets to me for some reason.

21. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    I never said that games are responsible for unstable people going off the handle, and that's not what the game suggests either. What the game does suggest, and what I admire it for saying, is that violence is overtly glorified and sanitised in today's society and culture, video games in particular. That is why Spec Ops' depiction of warfare is more realistic in tone while still borrowing the structure of familiar games to lull players into a false sense of security. Thus the cluster **** that is the second half of the game has much more impact upon the player.

22. darktrooper25

Sep 25, 2010
    I don't think it will have much of an impact though. from games like Mortal Combat and Grand theft auto it will probably slide off most player's and then they'll just move on to the nexted game.

Ever play Call of Duty World at War?

23. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    I think that there have been and will be instances of RL violence inspired by games and movies and other art/media. But I don't think censorship helps. I think parents need to raise and educate their children in ways that lead them to not wanting to commit violence or make their living trying to make easy $ by making a hundred shooter games.

Where's the Macgyver video game?

Admiral_Volshe likes this.
  24. darktrooper25

Sep 25, 2010
    @FT: Who or what is Macgyver?

25. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    :(
    You seriously don't know?

DarthRelaxus and Admiral_Volshe like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.