main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Code Slicer's Pride, a post ROTJ Song fic set during "Iron Fist"

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Calandria, Jan 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calandria

Calandria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    Title: Code Slicer's Pride, a song fic
    Timespan: set during ?x-wing: Iron Fist?
    Song: Forever Failure, by Paradise Lost
    Character: Castin Donn
    Feedback... pretty please with a cherry on top? :D

Note: this is my very first attempt at a song fic... so please go easy on me...

Note 2: it's set during Iron Fist (one of the x-wing books), right before Castin Donn smuggles himself onto the Iron Fist, and gets killed. I hope I bring him accross okay. Being a minor character who barely lasts through half of the book, there isn't a lot to go on. Just enjoy it, and take it as it comes.

The Code Slicer's Pride

He stalked down the hall, leaving an open mouthed, and slightly bewildered Face standing alone in the Trench, as the wraith's called the narrow central corridor of the Hawkbat's base of operation. Anger and frustration bubbled up in him. Antilles was wrong. He was just plain wrong. He knew what he was doing.

You must feel frustration
    Cause your mind feels such temptation

He would have to prove it. And he would prove it. Prove them all wrong. He could do it. He wasn't just any code slicer alive. He was the best. What did Antilles know about cracking a code, and busting your way into a computer you had no right to be in? He'd prove it. he would.

He punched open the door to his room, and slouched down in front of his computer terminal. With a few strokes of his fingers, he accessed the shift plan. Next he changed around his assignments, giving him enough time to stow away with the mission, and prove he's right.

And your ways appear a total lack of faith
    You may feel elation
    At your body's re-creation

The stuffed Ewok, Lieutenent Kettch as Wes Janson had dubbed in, would hide him well, as would all of the other goodies he packed over himself. Now he just had to wait, and hope. When Trainer searched through the compartment, he held his breath. Please please, don't let him pull everything out. He didn't. He was the best. No one could out think him. No one.

And that joy you need, restricted by one thought

He swallowed hard as the shuttled docked onto the Iron Fist. Now he could finally prove his worth. He wasn't the failure so many thought him to be. He was better than the rest of them. No sticking alien would steal his glory.

Are you forever - loss of purpose in a passive life
    Are you forever - pale, regarded as a waste of time

A cold flame of anger sliced through him as he remembered how ridiculous Antilles had made him seem. It wasn't fair. It just wasn't fair. None of it was fair. It wasn't his fault he looked like that. Every code slicer looked like that. But opposed to the others, he knew what he was doing. He was the god of computers.

High times are courageous
    But in truth they suit no purpose

It was High time to prove it to the world. The program would work. And he would be the one to plant it on Iron Fist. He and He alone. It was an easy thing, gaining access to the turbolift. Easier still, getting out on the restricted floor. Within moments he was logged into the computer.

Induced, reduced, unable and afraid......
    Can you feel rejection

He hadn't counted on the storm troopers. Breathing hard he broke into a lab. The same lab he had passed moments before and felt that little twinge of sadness and pity for the Talz, the alien, being tortured on that table. He should have listened to Antilles. He was not nearly good enough. Freeing the enraged thing he watched as it and its companion turned on the lab techs. How strange. He could actually feel compassion for those beings. And he'd rejected them for all those years.

And a lack of motivation
    And the joy you need restricted and delayed

His last thought, the last thing he felt as the storm trooper's blaster burned through his armor, and seared his tissues, super heating them, turning them to smoldering nothingness, was that he should have proven himself earlier. Then maybe he would have succeeded. It was a co

2. GeithJiseo

GeithJiseo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2003
    I liked it. Very good. :)

3. KirneySlane22

KirneySlane22 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2003
    Hey, that isn't half-bad. Considering the fact that Caston annoyed me throughout Iron Fist, I'm surprised that you were able to find a way to make him believeable and real.

Good job!

Kirney

4. Calandria

Jul 12, 2003
    GeithJiseo thanks. :) appreciate the feedback :D

Kirney ah so I'm not the only one he annoyed royally? A friend once mentioned this song... and for some reason it seemed to fit just perfectly with him. Glad to know I did something right.

5. Calandria

Jul 12, 2003
    up? :( nobody else likes it?

6. _3MD_PsychoSniper

_3MD_PsychoSniper Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
  7. Calandria

Jul 12, 2003
    thanks Psychosniper...

I live for feedback :D

I guess it just dropped to second (or lower) page too fast... and since I wasn't her to keep it upped... *shrugs*

I guess that's life... forgive me my little black cloud of feedback withdrawl :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.