main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Collectormania 7 - 29th April to 2nd May - thecentre:Milton Keynes

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Artacrus, Mar 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Artacrus

Artacrus Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2005
    Anyone going there this year? If you've never been its a great event, packed with guests and things to buy. :) Its free entry and they got a site at http://www.collectormania.com/

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I might be going, seeing as Tem Morrison is on the guest list. Not sure which day though. (Depends on when he is appearing).

3. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    hmmmmmm Michael Shanks.... *drool*

4. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    Sounds like a really ghood list of people attending.

I know that some people from here have gone before, and I'd like to know if it's really worth it. I'm not a huge collector fan, but I wouldn't mind meeting some of the famous people from my favourite movies and TV shows.

Do the people on the list actually attend ? ie don't cancel at the last moment. And is it easy enough to get the virtual queue tickets to get to meet them ?

5. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    i read the list yesterday, i think im gonna get my arse over there ( 3 hours on train though) but looking at the list of people ( ep II and III people and alexis denisof and james marsters) it sounds too cool

6. Jasongr1

Jasongr1 Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2005
    I've gone to the last 2 and its a great event. The autographs are not cheap but as you don't have to pay to go in what do you expect. The odd guest does cancel but its normally known well before the event.
    Plenty of rare starwars guests this time so I've got to start saving. If anyone wants anything from this event and can't go just ask

Jason

7. majin_yami

majin_yami Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 14, 2004
    James Callis, Jamie Bamber, Katee Sackhoff, Tricia Helfer, James Marsters, Michael Shanks, Chris Judge and not to mention the Star Wars people, I might have to pay this a visit.

8. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    Do the people on the list actually attend ? ie don't cancel at the last moment. And is it easy enough to get the virtual queue tickets to get to meet them ?

Sometimes if something comes up like filming they cancel ie last time Miranda Otto had to cancel I think because of filming but otherwise they turn up, only a few have cancelled.

Virtual tickets are easy to get hold of, where they will sign will have someone giving out tickets unless the line is short and tickets aren't needed.

9. Ramesh

Ramesh Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2000

Yes indeed, I think this event would be awesome.. if all the confirmed guests actually turn up! On first glance it appears to simply be a marketing ploy to get as many fans to attend as possible.

10. Stormtrooper_fan

Stormtrooper_fan Jedi Master star 5

Aug 23, 2003
  11. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Most of the guests I am not actually bothered about but the ones I am I know will come because they have done previous events

12. Artacrus

Artacrus Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2005
    I think that I only know of 2 or 3 guests that have ever cancelled, of the top of my head. Amanda Tapping, who I think was going to come to this one originally, but as shes having a baby soon she was advised not to go, and I can't remember the other two, I just remember hearing about it.

13. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Amanda Tapping, yes cancelled because of filming.

I think the same for Miranda Otto and Karl Urban both had filming

14. Gaijin

Gaijin Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2005
    Showmasters, the people that run this event rarely have anyone cancel on them. In fact they are probably the biggest event organiser in the UK for signings.

Last year they had Burt Reynolds - hey you can't get better than that icon!!

Anyway the current Star Wars line up is:

Bonnie Piesse
    Mike Kingma
    Nalini Krishnan
    Orli Shoshan
    Rohan Nichol
    Gary Kurtz
    Irvin Kershner
    Jake Lloyd
    Temuera Morrison
    Ray Park
    Bodie Taylor
    Bruce Spence
    Daniel Logan
    Peter Mayhew

There will also be a Star Wars Talk by Gary Kurtz & Irvin Kershner.

For more information visit www.collectormania.com

15. Andii

Andii Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2005
    Yeah I'm hoping to go... My Friend Kayleigh said she would accompany me...because shes a Buffy Nut :) ARe any of you meeting up there.

16. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    actually , along with the star wars guests( obvious reason), alexis dennisof and james marsters are the other reasons im gonna attend

17. Ramesh

Ramesh Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2000

Rohan Nichol? Wasn't he the fifth horseman in the Two Towers?

Worth going to see Peter Mayhew.

18. STUBRIS

STUBRIS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Well i'm going.Just found out that Tem Morrisson, Ray Park & Bonnie "Beru" Piesse are gonna be there for all four days! Think i'll check it out on the friday, before the weekend crush.Gonna take hours to get there from Warrington though! :oops:

19. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I'll try & go
    but its a long way to go for only a day.

20. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    I make take a wander down again. I've been to the last three and they are always very good events. No money this time though, as I will have only just got back from C3!

21. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Well, you can't win em all.
    You could go just to look

22. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Oh, I've done that before! It's actually a really fun event. Loads of collectable stuff on the stands, and some of the guests are really friendly and go for drinks and stuff afterwards.

The talks are usually very well organised as well. In fact, I remember going to one of the events, and then going to a midnight showing of Blade Runner with Q&A with the man himself, Rutger Hauer! It was awesome!

23. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.