main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Collector's TAP CAFE XV everyone is welcome here !!!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by CrazyMike, Sep 28, 2007.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Well, I saw it this morning at the local cinema. 945 am on a weekday is a great time to see a film there! First you get a discount as it's before 5pm. Second the noisy brats were in school. And third there were only 7 of us there.

I liked it but my bladder caved at the point where Harry & Co went to see the Lovegoods. I made it back for the 'Tale of the 3 Brothers' though.

2. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Hi Les, I liked the movie and Jeannette did not mind it even though she was not a big fan of the book. Actually I have never read any of the books so most of everything that happened in the move was a surprise to me.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Just as an FYI Mike - the banner got swapped due to a virus attack. There's a thread in MS on it if you haven't seen it already.

4. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Yes I was reading about that Yesterday Les. I must be loosing my mind but it did disappear a while back or so I thought lol. I believe that we had something similiar happen several years ago.

5. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    TFN Main caught the virus as well.

Anyway, Happy Turkey Day to the people in the US! Enjoy Black Friday tomorrow!

6. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    I am craving turkey. Jeannette and I missed out on Canadian Thanksgiving because we were moving.

7. Fallen-Hero

Fallen-Hero Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 5, 2009
    Turkeys will probably be on sale sometime soon with Christmas coming, so you'll be able to eat some then. :)

8. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I'll be doing one for Christmas so hopefully the supermarket will stock theirs soon. When I was there last week there were only a few frozen ones and all were too large.

9. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    We probably be picking up ours in the next 2 weeks. How are you been managing with the snow out there Les. The UK has been on the news out here and the pictures are unbelievable .

10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    No snow yet here, though we might see some tonight. I got my turkey this morning.

11. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Howdy folks. It's been an absolute age since I posted here so hope everyone is well :)

Snow!! We've got loads of it at the moment and I hate it. It seems to be a regular occurrence these days though, so maybe we'd better get used to it.

Mike & Jeannette, there's a wee chance I might be coming over to Canada next Summer. No firm plans yet but it's under serious consideration. I'll let you know when I do actually decide although it would be funny if I was there the same time you decided to come to the UK, lol. I was thinking beginning of June though, so we might be safe.

12. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    We had some flurries yesterday and a dusting of snow overnight but that's it for my area. The only place I really saw snow this morning was in the car park behind the flats. We might get something overnight.

It's cold though. I'm in my Mark Ecko Fett sweatshirt with the hood up (and that's inside the flat..)

13. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Hi Matt, how are you doing. Let us know how your plans shape up for 2011 :) Les we are waiting for our first snowfall out here.

14. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Hi Mike :)
    I'll certainly keep you informed. Been wanting to go to Canada for a very long time and now (or rather now-ish) seems like the perfect time.

I'm surprised at your lack of Snow, Les. I'm in South-East London and it's been horrendous these past two days. It's the thickest snow I've ever experienced. I really should move to South-West London [face_thinking]

15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    The Heathrow area had flurries but that was it - til last night. I'd say we got 3 or 4 inches, judging by what's on the ground and on the cars. And of course I'm on a side street so we won't even see a gritter..

It's stopped at the moment but judging from the weather radar I'd say we might get a bit more.

16. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    No snow at all for us as of yet Les. I like snow up until January 3rd and after that it can all melt Lol.

17. Fallen-Hero

Fallen-Hero Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 5, 2009
    Oh, I'm up for all that. I'd finally get grass on my birthday (Jan 14th)!

18. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    We finally got some snow last night. About 3 inches worth. We will not have green grass out here where I am until May Lol.

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    We're supposed to get more Arctic weather after Wed with possible snow Thurs/Fri. Today was cloudy, low 40s F, but dry.

20. DaDarth

DaDarth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    Hello everyone! Just stopping in to say happy holidays. I hope all is well.

21. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    How are you and the family doing Jim :) You should come by for a visit.

22. DaDarth

DaDarth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    We are doing great Mike. My son is 15 months now and my daughter is 4. I would love to stop by for a visit. Let me know when you available and I will be there. Take care

23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Hey DaDarth - long time no see! I bet the kids are getting eager for Santa to visit!

We had some snow today and more is forecast tomorrow. I'm glad I don't have to go out other than to get the papers at the local store. I can walk there!

24. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Still not that much snow out here Les. I all hoping for some for Christmas. Jim I will send you a message on Facebook a little later on and we can arrange something :)

25. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    We have a very light dusting of snow out here at the moment. Hopefully we will get a little more snow this evening. Merry Christmas everyone !!!