main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Come with me if you want to live: The Terminator Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth_Ignant, Jan 6, 2006.

1. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    My only real problem with all of this is Arnold going back to rehash his old stuff in the twilight of his life rather than using his resources and star power to seek new stories for his own film legacy and our mutual entertainment.

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    That's the thing though- Arnold has tried new stuff, but he branches out and the films underperform (despite every Arnold 2.0 movie being pretty diverse in tone and style) meanwhile people keep asking for him to do sequels to Terminator, Conan, etc.

That said, his return to Conan is far more desirable than his return to Terminator.

Juke Skywalker and rumsmuggler like this.
  3. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
  4. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    I need your Geritol, Just For Men, and Prune Juice.

5. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

"The Last Stand" wasn't bad and definitely different from his normal range of films. Unfortunately, he was woefully miscast in "End Of Days".

6. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    The Last Stand was predictable and okay at best.

7. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    That old man terminator is kinda humorous.

8. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Almost as funny as an old man wielding a katana sword rumsmuggler

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I wouldn't count End of Days, as that was pre-Governator. However, it was definitely an example of him trying to branch out with his acting at the time. EOD and Collateral were certainly precursors to his performances in Escape Plan and Sabotage.

The Last Stand, meanwhile, was the best second-tier Arnold film possibly since the 80's. It didn't break new ground but was just surprisingly fun. It just needed a stronger main villain.

10. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    And for it not to include Johnny Knoxville

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  11. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Take that, ground!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Super soakers are cool!

[​IMG]

12. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
  13. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Synopsis:

Terminator: Genisys starts in 2029, when the Future War is raging and a group of human rebels has the evil artificial-intelligence system Skynet on the ropes. John Connor (Jason Clarke) is the leader of the resistance, and Kyle Reese (Jai Courtney) is his loyal soldier, raised in the ruins of post apocalyptic California. As in the original film, Connor sends Reese back to 1984 to save Connor’s mother, Sarah (Emilia Clarke), from a Terminator programmed to kill her so that she won’t ever give birth to John. But what Reese finds on the other side is nothing like he expected.

And supposedly Matt Smith is...

Skynet

14. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
  15. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009

The Doctor, Daenaerys Targaryen and super-mecha-Conan O'Brien all travel in time to an airfield to have a tussle with old man governator?

16. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I am 100% on board with all of this. It sounds so ridiculous but in a fun way.

17. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    What in the actual ****?

Juliet316 likes this.
  18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    So, wait, a Targaryen grows up to be a Lannister? ;)

[​IMG]

But, yeah, that synopsis sounds so damn strange. I'll wait for a trailer or the actual film to give it a chance to make i work (because time travel and whatnot, and with T3 introducing the notion of sliding and alternate timelines, I guess they can go nuts) Those promo pics are undeniably awful, however. The only one that is acceptable is the red truck one.

The one detail that is at least interesting is the implied addressing of the common nitpick of why Skynet didn't go back further in time and kill Sarah's ancestors in a time where no weapons would have been effective against a Terminator of any make- let alone had vehicles that could outrun them.

(granted, the future seemed to be hazy on Sarah's nature in T1, thus the need for the phone book systematic killings, etc, but with enough Terminators doing recon, that could have been solved pretty easily)

19. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    The red truck one looks like it's a still from the movie. Most of the photos look too ... video gameish, especially in the expressions. And don't get me started on how out of place Matt looks in those promos. I don't know, but these are probably the worst promo photos for a film that I've seen in a long time.

20. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    When this project was announced, I'm not sure I would've guessed that the only one who wouldn't look ridiculous would be the nearly 70 year old Schwarzenegger playing a cyborg.

21. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001

That's the point. In the first film, all it had was her name and the city what she lived. But if
    Smith is Skynet or at least a Terminator, then it can glean info from John. This was demonstrated in "Salvation" when Kyle Reese became a target in the future war.

22. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    Well Terminator Salvation was just on today. Doesn't that one just crap all over the franchise. The resistance has a base RIGHT OUT IN THE OPEN WITH PLANES ON THE TARMAC. Forget Reese saying they only fight at night and live underground in the original, these guys fight in the day and the Terminators just claw and throw you instead of just break your neck. Urgh. They needed to be like th sentinels in Days of Future Past, no escape at all.

23. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Not really. The first film only had Reese talk about survival under John Conner. "Salvation" shows that John has yet to become the sole leader of the Resistance until the end of the film. Prior to that, the military leaders were righting the machines like they did human opponents. And the T-600's were never shown until now. We only saw the T-800's who were the infiltration units.

24. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    It still makes no sense as to why Skynet wouldn't attack John's base. The aim is to destroy everyone so when John said, "They've never gone this far before" when Blair was running away from an HK, WHY have they never gone that far before.

25. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Mostly because I'd wager that Skynet had a time table for its plans and believed that a direct attack wouldn't work. Hence the need for Marcus and finding Reese.