main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA Comic-Con 2006

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by arodofhoth, Mar 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arodofhoth

arodofhoth Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2005
    Sadly I'll be there Sat and Sun but Im going to make the best of it.:)

2. Maulested

Maulested Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 10, 2005
    i want to go. don't know what day(s) or in what costume, but i just found some great black pleather for a possible padme outfit. i don't think i'm much of a padme though. too many sith tattoos and piercings. : )

3. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Welcome back!

4. arodofhoth

Sep 24, 2005
    Can you bring airsoft guns to Comic-Con for a costume prop?:confused:

5. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Yes, as long as they are not loaded/have no cartridges in place.

6. arodofhoth

Sep 24, 2005
    Thanks, now me and my buddy can do our costumes.:D[face_dancing]

7. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Has anyone that's gone to the Comic-Con in the past attended the SW Fan Breakfast? I'm trying to get some info on it to see if it's worth the cash is costs.

8. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Check out the San Diego thread, I think they put a thread up about it today.

9. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Talked to a few people and figured what the heck!! I'll be going to the SW fan breakfast. Happy early birthday to me... from me! It's less than a month away. I'm really getting excited!!!! [face_dancing]

10. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    That'll be great! I'm so jealous!

11. JediLarryB

JediLarryB Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2003
    Well, I guess it's all relative. For hardcore fans, it's a must. While the meal is quite good and well-prepared (scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, croissant, fruit, juice, and water, as I recall), most folks attend for the following reasons:

- Be with and meet fellow Fan Club members
    - Meet with Steve Sansweet and Mary Franklin from LucasFilm Fan Relations
    - Meet occasional special guests like Daniel Logan and Jeremy Bulloch
    - Listen to reps from licensees like Hasbro
    - Get the 501st figure in a star case and a souvenir ticket
    - Win Star Wars prizes
    - Get a free goody bag, loaded with licensee products and items from the LucasFilm archives. And each bag is different.

Whether it's worth $58.13 (plus tax) is up to you.
    I, along with many of my friends in the Star Wars fandom community, already have tickets!

12. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    AaS, do we have a shirt available with our logo? Do we even have an official IEFF logo? Any chance we might come up with something we can wear by Comic-Con? Do you have fliers for IEFF for Comic-Con? Also, who all is going to CC? And, finally, can I help out with anything that has to do with any of these questions?

13. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    1. Yup we have a logo. Look up! It's in the banner. I have it in jpg, gif and bmp formats. It's also in the picture section of myspace, feel free to download it. The real logo is slighty different as it contains the imperial logo and rebel logo. I've got a little thing made up with it on for everyone to hand out at the next meeting!

2. We have an icon too, tis on the left side of the screen under the wookie. You can make it your user icon by going into options and changing your icon, it's in the fan force section.

3. We have a flyer all set up for comic con as well as business cards with for people to pick up with all the details. The SDSWS have agreed to allow us to put them on their table. I'm wating to hear about how some of the IEFF can help out on this table by giving some time on the table during Comic-Con.

4. T-Shirts. I spoke to a place in LA about making some but the person was less then friendly. I wanted to buy one as a sample but they said no even though their website specifically says that if you want to buy just one you can! I was actually looking at some last night too, there's a place that will put a logo on a shirt for you, you pick your style of shirt and they put the logo on. I was looking at a baseball shirt and it was $22 for a custom made one. For a few dollars more they will put a name and number on the back, I was thinking it'd be cool to put user names on the back with 66 as the number below them. The site I was looking at do all different styles of men's, ladies and kids shirts.

Places that do it in bulk want minimum orders plus set up charges. If you know of a good place let me know.

Phew, hope I managed to answer them all. :D Anymore feel free to ask.

At the meeting we'll sort out a mini-meet at Comic-Con for those going.

14. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    AaS: You're awesome!!! =D= You seem to be so organized and really trying to get this group going. Thank you!! Let me know anything I can do to help.

As for shirts, I know somebody that does them. They do all the shirts for our school and their kids also attend there. Let me call and see what I can find out.

I'll be at Comic-Con the whole time, so just tell me what's needed and where and I'll do what I can. I'd love to see the group grow!

15. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    That'd be cool, give them a call about the t-shirts.

If they can do a small order at first for us that'd be cool, you could also hang the bait that we're a growing group and if it's a good job there's potential for growth!

16. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    how can I help??? I wannna play...ha ha. me likey!:-B

17. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I've been to two Breakfast (I think). I would say go if you haven't gone and have the money. I actually hope to work the event for the 501st.

I'm glad you guys are growing as a group. The more the merrier.

18. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Woo-Hoo... Got my official confirmation for the Comic-Con!!! [face_laugh]

19. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Does anybody know how much one day tickets cost? I've searched the Comic-Con site and can't find it. Doesn't mean it's not there... I'm just not seeing it! 8-}

20. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    I was told Sat is $30 and Sun is $15

21. FLY_JEDI

FLY_JEDI Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 15, 2004

I'll be there too. If I'm lucky, the Jedi LarryB will let me sit at this table! [face_dancing]

It's good to see the IEFF really up and running! It looks like you have a good core group of members that really know what this is all about: TO HAVE FUN!

See you all at Comic-Con.

22. JediLarryB

Jun 25, 2003
    Edgar,
    There's always a place at my table for you!
    See you there!

23. JediLarryB

Jun 25, 2003
    The annual Star Wars Spectacular with Steve Sansweet will be held on Friday, 7/21 beginning at 4 PM in Hall H. So you'd probably want to line up around 3PM for the best seats. But don't panic if you can't get there super early, because it's a big place.

Hmm...Sam Jackson will be on stage in Hall H at 5:45 PM for "Snakes On A Plane". Is it possible Mace Windu may pop in earlier? Hmm...

BTW, the full Con schedule is supposed to be up by July 8.

24. Rogue_Granger

Rogue_Granger Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2003
    I'm pretty sure I'll be there Saturday, In my Leia costume. Sadly, our X-Group is not to be....this year, anyway! Defenitly up to meeting all you newbies :p LOL!!!!

25. arodofhoth

Sep 24, 2005
    Will I wont be in SW costume this time but I'll an Umbrella Corp. Mercenary A.k.a Special Task Force on Sat. But I'll help out at the booth on Sunday, so finaly I get to meet you guys:D[face_dancing] see you soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.