main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Competition: Vote for your top 5 movies

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Buzz-Bumble, Nov 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Go to http://au.movies.yahoo.com/promotions/empire/ and vote for your top 5 movies of all time and you might win a DVD player and 100 movies (Australia and New Zealand entries only).

Of course, your top five movies are obviously going to be Star Wars episodes IV, V, VI, I and II in some order. :D

2. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    It's like choosing between your children, trying to decide which Star Wars movie you like best. I wonder if they'd let you write 'the star wars quartet'.

Nah, I guess I'll go with them in order of being made, that way it's fair.

3. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    Well, it DOES say the top movies of "all time". You SHOULD be able to put the Star Wars DVD Collectors 6-pack. :D

4. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    I only put "Star Wars" in my top 5 entry (thanks for the link Buzz!) from the series.

Others included Indy Jones & the Last Crusade, Casablanca, This is Spinal Tap and something else that I've now forgotten :(

And I forgot to put in Being John Malkovich. Bah. Redraw, redraw!

I guess my entries were "my all time favourite movies at 10:30am, 18 November 2001 - all details subject to change"

5. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Vote now as polling closes on January 2nd 2002 with the list of the Top 100 Movies of All Time being published in the March 2002 issue of Empire Magazine

therefore i have placed these as my top 5:

Star Wars (saga)
    Lord of the Rings Trilogy
    The Long Kiss Goodnight
    The Matrix

LOTR - as the closing of the poll is Jan 2002 - by then LOTR will be out! :D hehe

havnt thought of my 5th yet...

6. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    I got the link from the CompetitionWorld website I recently found.

They list various competitions in New Zealand (both online and offline) and those open worldwide, as well as a "Kids only" category.

It's not as easy as it could be to use, but it is updated almost daily and you can add competitions if you know of any.

Here's a couple of ideas for SithForceLord's fifth movie:
    • the two Ewok movies

• Thumb Wars

• Willow

• Howard the Duck

• Star Trek movies galore

• the Spice Girls movie :D

7. RogueJedi1138

RogueJedi1138 Jedi Youngling

Nov 17, 2001
    Hmm, Yeah mine would be

1) Star Wars Saga *ESB first in that*
    2) The Matrix
    3) Unbreakable
    4) 6th Sence
    5) Duality - Fan Film hehe

8. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    I just put in all 5 SW episodes cos i couldnt be bothered thinking at the time.
    I wonder if they will pull me up for putting AOTC?

one of my top five would have to be the Care Bears movie.

9. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    thanks for the ideas for my 5th! :p

spice girls?! sheesh!

hmmmm

BEN HUR

LAWRENCE OF ARABIA (has OBI WAN in - must be good! :p ;))

10. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    i also count SW as a series, not as individual movies, and i believe me posting in a SW forum means it can b assumed SW is my favourite so i shall not mention them.........and i havn't seen #2 or LOTR yet, so even though i can assume.......

here they are, non ranked of course......

get carter (1970s michaek caine/british version, not GC 2000)

trainspotting (loved the soundtrack too)

the thin red line

a clockwork orange

starship troopers

Blade Runner DC (i know this is 6, but who cares, and hey, i love this film)

honourable mentions:

The Italian Job, My father the Hero, Dumb and Dumber, Being John Malkovitch, that JM vampire movie-pretty recent, Reservoir Dogs, Bringing out the Dead, THis is Spinal Tap, Life of Brian, the Meaning of Life, I'm all Right Jack, THe Party, THe pink panther movies-except the last one.....

11. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    Lawrence of Arabia. That would be one of the most boring movies I have ever seen in my life. Four hours of nothing but people in the desert!

12. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    I agree Kitt.

Saw it at the Civic a year or so ago. The audience audibly gasped when the "intermission" sign went up three hours into the movie. Luckily there was only just over an hour left after that (I guess there were 3 reels, and intermission was deemed better between 2 & 3.

Man, my butt took weeks to recover after sitting in those awful seats for 4 hours. You'd think when the Civic was redone they would have at least put in comft chairs?!

The only good thing about that movie was imagining Alec Guinness' lines being said by Obi-Wan... :D

JP

13. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    //hasnt actaully seen the entire Lawrence of Arabia//

though its a classic and thought i should stick that in - i may just win the comp. caise of it! :D

14. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    Yeah, I saw it at the civic too. The problem with the civic is if you are sitting in the middle, and want to get out, everyone else has to stand up.
    For the first hour, me and my friend discussed whether or not Lawrence was supposed to be homosexual, or whether that was just how they acted back then. We also tried to figure out why a lot of the older people kept laughing at almost everything Lawrence said. Then I tried to convince my friend that the actor playing the prince was the same one who played Obi-Wan in Star Wars. She didn't believe me, because she said Obi-Wan wasn't Arabian.
    Ah so many dull memories . . . just as well I didn't pay for those tickets.

15. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    For the first hour, me and my friend discussed whether or not Lawrence was supposed to be homosexual, or whether that was just how they acted back then.

LOL. I guess that's what happens when you hire an actor called O'Toole.

Peter O'Toole's finest acting achievement was as the guy with the giant eye (behind the magnifying glass) who sucked dust off books in Top Secret.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.