main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Corellian Dreamer" AU (COMPLETE)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Matthew_Wolverine, Dec 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matthew_Wolverine

Matthew_Wolverine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    Chapter I

Han woke up in a cold sweat. He sat
    up in bed and trembled.

Leia: "What's wrong?"

He was still in shock and had to take
    a few moments to compose himself.

Han: "I had a terrible nightmare.
    There was an alien invasion from
    another galaxy, and Anakin and Chewie
    were killed. It seemed so real."

Leia: "It was just a dream Han."

Han: "Yeah. Just a dream."

Then he rolled over and tried to go
    back to sleep.
    ---------------------------------------------

Mara had felt something growing inside
    her for a few days. Now she had gotten
    it confirmed. She was pregnant. When
    Luke got home, she excitedly told him
    the news. He hugged her and then they started making plans and discussed what
    they would name the baby.
    ---------------------------------------------

Nine months pass by. Mara gives birth
    to a boy. She and Luke decide to name
    him Ben after Luke's old master. When
    Han hears that they named their son Ben,
    he remembers another part of his dream.
    He decides to tell Luke about it.

Han: "In that dream I had you and Mara
    had a son and named him Ben."

C3PO: "Sir, the odds of you accurately predicting such an event in a dream are...."

Han: "Shut up Goldenrod! And I've told you many times not to tell me about the odds."

Luke: "That's really amazing Han."

Jaina: "Maybe being around so many of us Jedi is starting to rub off on you Dad."

Chewbaca: [roars in laughter]

Han: "Laugh it up Fuzzball."

Leia: "Come on everybody. Let's leave
    the new parents alone. Mara needs her rest."

End of Chapter I

2. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    interesting story idea you have

3. Matthew_Wolverine

Nov 25, 2002
    I got the idea from the series finale of "Newhart"(Bob Newhart's 80s sitcom). The whole series turned out to be a dream. At the end of the final episode Bob Hartley(Newhart's character on his 70s sitcom) wakes up next to his wife on that show and tells her about the bizarre dream he just had.

4. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar

Whiskey in the Jar-Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2000
    Please keep going with this. It'll be interesting to see how Han re-adjusts to his life going back to normal after such a nightmare.

I wonder what Chewie's gonna think when Han tells him what happened in the dream, or Anakin for that matter.

Definitely keeping an eye on this thread :D

5. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    This is interesting. I wonder how Han will deal with this if other things from his dream start coming to pass?

6. Matthew_Wolverine

Nov 25, 2002
    I'll try to write more when I can.

7. Matthew_Wolverine

Nov 25, 2002
    Chapter II

Han: "Hey Chewie, I had this crazy
    dream."

Chewie: "RAARGH?"

Han: "No, not the one about Leia in
    the metal bikini.

I dreamed that there was an alien
    invasion. Really ugly aliens.
    Anyway, they caused Sernpidal's moon
    to crash into the planet while we were
    on it and you were killed."

Chewie: "RAAARGH!" [laughs]

Han: "What are you laughing at?"

Chewie: "RAARGH."

Han: "Yeah, I guess it is kind of funny
    that they had to bring down a whole moon just to kill you."

------------

Han: "I told Chewie about the dream."

Leia: "And?"

Han: "He laughed at the absurdity of it.
    Do you think I should tell Anakin?"

Leia: "Not unless you want him to laugh
    at you too."

-----------

Another year passes. Upon their
    eighteenth birthday, Jacen and Jaina
    Solo are given the trials and after completing them successfully they each achieve the rank of Jedi Knight. Luke begins Ben's Jedi training.

8. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar

Whiskey in the Jar-Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2000
    No, not the one about Leia in the metal bikini.

LOL! [face_laugh]

Hope Leia never hears about that...then again...she might be interested ;)

9. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    I liked Chewie's reaction to Han's dream about him dying. That's the usual reaction usually before something bad happens...

I think Chewie would have prefered Han's other dream though... ;)

Great post! :)

10. Matthew_Wolverine

Nov 25, 2002
    Chapter III

Borsk Fey'lya reviewed the intelligence report that had been delivered to him that morning. New Republic Intelligence now believed beyond a shadow of a doubt that the infamous Admiral Daala was dead, and had removed her name from their threat board. "It's about time", Fey'lya thought.

Admiral Daala stood on the bridge of her flagship, and looked out the viewport at her fleet. She felt she had been in hiding long enough. And now that she had received word from her spies within the New Republic that they were convinced that she had perished, it was time for her to make her move.

Luke had wanted to reform the Jedi Council for some time. Now he was meeting with Chief of State Borsk Fey'lya to request his endorsement of the idea. Luke knew that if he could convince Fey'lya, then his influence would help get the proposition passed by the Senate.

Luke outlined his plan for the reformation of the Jedi Council to the Chief of State, and emphasized to Fey'lya that the council would report to him. After Luke finished his speech, he waited patiently for Fey'lya's reply. After a few moments, Fey'lya said "I'll agree to go along with your proposal Master Skywalker but I do have some conditions". After hearing what those conditions were, Luke thought about it for a moment and then nodded his agreement.

With the Chief of State's help, the proposition to reform the Jedi Council was passed through the Senate. Next Luke started to choose his council members. Fey'lya had insisted that Admiral Traest Kre'fey be on the council and he also specified that one senator of Luke?s choosing be on the council. Luke chose Alderaanian Senator Cal Omas as the senatorial representative. The remaining ten positions on the council were filled by Kam Solusar, Tionne, Streen, Cilghal, Kyp Durron, Corran Horn, Master Ikrit, Leia, Mara, and himself.

11. Matthew_Wolverine

Nov 25, 2002
    Chapter IV

Kyp Durron was on Coruscant when he
    received a message from Luke Skywalker telling him to come to Yavin 4 immediately
    to attend the inaugural meeting of the
    new Jedi Council.

"This must be a mistake", he thought.

Kyp was putting his stuff into his X-wing when Jaina Solo approached.

Jaina: "Where are you headed Kyp?"

Kyp: "Yavin 4. Master Skywalker has
    selected me as one of the members of the
    new Jedi Council, and he wants me to
    return to the Academy right away to attend
    a council meeting."

"Do you have any idea what your Uncle
    is thinking?", asked Kyp.

"Well you know what they say about
    keeping your friends close and your
    enemies closer", Jaina said teasingly.

Kyp: "That makes sense."

He noticed that she was also getting
    ready to leave.

"Where are you going?", he asked.

"I'm going to Yavin too. You want to be wingmates?", Jaina said.

Kyp: "Sure. Let's go."

They got into their X-wings, did their systems checks, and launched. They put the jump coordinates into their nav computers and made the jump to hyperspace.

The Hapes Consortium had broken off all communications
    with the New Republic. Chief of State Fey'lya and others
    in the Republic's government were very concerned by this.

Since it had been Leia Organa Solo who
    had first opened talks with the
    Consortium nearly twenty years ago-after
    there had been no such negotiations in
    more than 3,000 years-Fey'lya asked Leia
    to come out of retirement to go on a
    special diplomatic mission to Hapes.
    She reluctantly agreed.

"Just when I think I'm out they pull me
    back in", Leia thought to herself.

Soon after that she, Han, Chewie, and
    Anakin left Coruscant. Chewie plotted
    the course to Hapes and the Falcon made
    the jump to hyperspace.

12. Matthew_Wolverine

Nov 25, 2002
    Chapter V

Suddenly, Jaina Solo?s X-wing was pulled
    out of hyperspace forcefully. To her
    left she saw Kyp?s X-wing and directly
    ahead of them she saw an Interdictor Cruiser. That was what had caused them
    to revert to real space. Next to it was
    a Strike Cruiser and she and Kyp were
    caught in it?s tractor beam. The Strike Cruiser fired its ion cannons paralyzing their electrical systems. Then the Strike Cruiser began broadcasting.

Strike Cruiser: ?This is the Imperial
    Strike Cruiser Scylla. Jaina Solo and
    Kyp Durron prepare to be brought onboard.?

?How did they know who we were? And how
    did they know to lay this trap here??,
    Jaina thought.

The Millenium Falcon arrived in the Hapes system and after some initial difficulty Leia managed to communicate to them who
    she was and that she was on a diplomatic mission. They were given permission to
    land and told that someone would meet
    them at the landing pad. They were met
    by Isolder.

Isolder: ?It?s wonderful to see you again Leia. The Queen Mother will be pleased to see you as well.?

Leia: ?I?m looking forward to seeing Teneniel Djo again also.?

Isolder: ?Sadly, Teneniel Djo passed away recently. We have a new Queen Mother now.?

Leia: ?I?m sorry to hear that. And I?m sorry for your loss.?

Isolder: ?Thank you. The new Queen is away on royal business right now but feel free to stay and enjoy our hospitality until she returns.?

13. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    Woah! I really like this!!!!!!! There is no way to predict what will happen! cool!!!!
    more please!!!!!!!!
    question, though... why did Jaina know Kyp was leaving... are they together?

14. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    good posts :)

15. Matthew_Wolverine

Nov 25, 2002
    Thanks

"question, though... why did Jaina know Kyp was leaving... are they together?"

She didn't know he was leaving. She just happened to be leaving at the same time. And going to the same place. Wierd coincidence. :) And they're not together yet but maybe they will be.

16. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Aug 27, 2002
  17. Crimson_Sabre

Crimson_Sabre Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 20, 2002
    New reader! Yeah, my Steelers lost, but reading fan fictions on the internet is one way to temporarily dull the pain.

Kyp Durron is the best, ja?

Chris

18. Matthew_Wolverine

Nov 25, 2002
    Chapter VI

As Kyp and Jaina exited their cockpits, they noticed that the hangar was filling up with gas. They took a deep breath and held it. Then they ignited their lightsabers and prepared for battle. One hundred stormtroopers wearing gas masks entered the hangar and began shooting at them. Kyp and Jaina stood back to back and worked together to deflect the blasts. Kyp deflected one back at the trooper who had fired it. The trooper was stunned and fell unconscious to the floor. So their blasters were set on stun. Whoever had masterminded this ambush wanted to capture them alive. He used a Force Push to send two more troopers flying into a wall. Jaina used telekinesis to hurl a large box at two troopers rendering them both unconscious. Kyp sliced off the gun hand of one trooper and then beheaded a second trooper while at the same time using a Force Push to slam the first trooper into a wall. Jaina used Force Pull to take one trooper?s blaster and fired two quick blasts that took out that trooper and the one next to him while simultaneously hurling three more troopers into a wall with a gesture. Kyp bisected one trooper and then spun around and kicked another trooper in the face. Kyp and Jaina fought skillfully and courageously but they were eventually overwhelmed by the superior numbers and fell victim to stun blasts. Their lightsabers were taken and they were handcuffed together. Three of the surviving troopers transported the unconscious Jedi to a holding cell.

An officer reported to Admiral Daala that the Jedi had been successfully taken captive and presented their lightsabers to her.

Admiral Daala: ?Jettison them. I don?t want them to be able to recover their weapons should they manage to escape.?

Leia, Han, Anakin, and Chewie were waiting in one of the palace?s guest suites when Isolder came in looking dour.

Leia: ?Will the Queen be back soon??

Isolder: ?There has been a change of plans. You are no longer welcome here. Leave immediately.?

Leia: ?Why!??

Isolder: ?Just go now! Please.?

Isolder then quickly left the room.

Han: ?What?s wrong with him??

Anakin: ?It?s a trap. He was trying to warn us.?

Han: ?Alright. Let?s get out of here.?

Chewie: ?Rrrgh!?

Han, Leia, Chewie, and Anakin quietly made their way to the Falcon hoping nobody would notice their sudden departure. When they arrived at their destination, they found it unguarded. Obviously, the Hapans or whoever was actually in control here now, had not anticipated that they would try to leave.
    They boarded the Falcon and took off. They cleared the planet?s atmosphere and it appeared that they were going to get away without any difficulty.

Chewie: ?Rrrrgh!!?

Han: ?Yeah, I see them.?

Leia: ?What??

Han: ?Four TIE interceptors.?

Han moved to one of the gun turrets and Anakin went to the other one. Leia took Han?s place in the cockpit. Chewie deftly maneuvered to avoid incoming fire from the TIEs. Han targeted of the TIEs and fired. The TIE exploded into a fiery ball.

Han: ?Got him!?

Leia: ?Don?t get cocky.?
    Then there was a second fiery explosion as Anakin blasted another one of the TIEs.
    But one of the two remaining TIEs was on the Falcon?s tail. Chewie performed a 360 degree loop that repositioned the Falcon behind the pursuing TIE. Han blasted it into smithereens before the TIE pilot realized what Chewie had done. Then the Falcon was rocked by laser fire from the sole remaining TIE. But before the TIE could get off another shot, it was blown to pieces by Anakin. Now free of pursuit, the Falcon made the jump to hyperspace.

19. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Aug 27, 2002
    This is great!!!!!!!!
    WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN TO KYP AND JAINA??????????????????

20. Matthew_Wolverine

Nov 25, 2002
    I'd tell you, but I wouldn't want to spoil it. :)

21. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Those were some action-packed posts I missed! ;)

22. Matthew_Wolverine

Nov 25, 2002
    Chapter VII

When Kyp awoke he noticed three things right away. He was locked in a cell, he and Jaina were handcuffed together, and Jaina?s head was resting on his shoulder. Next he noticed something else. Actually, someone else. He recognized a familiar one-armed girl lying on the other side of the cell. Tenel Ka. She looked like she had taken a severe beating. Her beautiful face was caked with dried blood and her red hair was a tangled matted mess. A few minutes later Jaina and Tenel Ka both woke up and the three began talking.

Tenel Ka: ?If you two have come here to rescue me, you are not doing a good job. This is fact.?

Kyp: ?We were caught in an ambush.?

Jaina: ?What happened to you??

Tenel Ka: ?My grandmother Ta?a Chume conspired with Admiral Daala to assassinate my mother and forced my father to marry Daala so she would become the new Queen Mother. When I found out what they had done I confronted them, but I failed to realize that Daala was allied with a Dark Jedi. She bested me in battle. Then after she destroyed my lightsaber, she used her TK to pummel me with stones until I was unconscious. The next thing I remember is when I woke up here.?

Jaina: ?That?s terrible.?

Tenel Ka: ?Fact.?

Then the three captive Jedi began planning their escape.

At first when Kyp Durron no showed the Jedi Council meeting, Luke Skywalker was surprised and disappointed, since he had thought that Kyp had finally overcome his rebellious nature, but he was not overly concerned about it. However, when he heard that Kyp and Jaina had departed for Yavin 4 together days before the meeting and neither had been heard from since then, he knew something was wrong.

23. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Aug 27, 2002
    *bites lower lip* this is bad! need to know more!!!!!

24. Matthew_Wolverine

Nov 25, 2002
    I start my vacation Sunday so there will be more coming soon.

And I promise that things are not as bad as they appear.

25. Matthew_Wolverine

Nov 25, 2002
    Chapter VIII

The Falcon emerged from hyperspace and made its approach to the surface of Yavin 4. After they landed, Leia sought out Luke so she could tell him about the discovery they had made at Hapes.

Leia: ?Isolder was acting very strangely. He practically pleaded with us to leave. It certainly seems that whoever is in power on Hapes now isn?t friendly to the Republic.?

Luke: ?That is troubling news. Even more troubling because Jaina and Kyp seem to be missing and I suspect that these two things might be connected.?

Leia: ?Jaina is missing??

Luke: ?Yes. Neither she or Kyp have been heard from since they left Coruscant to come here.?

Leia: ?I hope she?s alright. Who do you think is behind this??

Luke: ?I don?t know for sure, but I wonder if this new Queen that Isolder told you about might be Admiral Daala. I know New Republic Military Intelligence believes she?s dead but I don?t think she is.?

Admiral Daala was very displeased when she heard that Leia Organa Solo and her family had managed to escape Hapes. But she would deal with that later. Right now it was time to contact her spy in the New Republic, Senator Viqi Shesh.

Daala: ?Greetings Senator. Does the New Republic suspect anything??

Viqi Shesh: ?No, Admiral. They are completely in the dark. They will be totally unprepared when you attack the Jedi Academy on Yavin 4.?

Daala: ?Good. That is all for now.?

With that Daala ended the transmission. She then ordered her navigation officer to set the coordinates for a hyperspace jump to Hapes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.