main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Costume Workshop, 3/1/03

Discussion in 'Archive: King of Prussia, PA' started by Calixte, Feb 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calixte

Calixte Jedi Youngling star 4

May 3, 2002
    Hey Guys,
    Our first social but constructive event of the new year is coming up on March 1. Wendy will be leading a costuming workshop at her house. This is for soft costumes only - meaning sewing fabrics, no prop building. She is hard at work putting together a topical list on some demonstrations. If you'd like some tips and explanation on sewing techniques or even researching costumes then this is your chance. We will try to do a couple of these each year to get ready for cons and charity appearances. Even if you haven't costumed before, come on out and join us.

Look for Wendy's posts in the coming weeks on what will be presented and discussed. She may even ask YOU to be a presenter. Come prepared with your costume ideas. :)

2. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    If anyone has any ideas on what they would like to see or demonstrate something, please post here or PM me.
    I will do a brief overview on how to read a pattern, alter it and simple sewing techniques. Of course it will not be all about sewing but it's the basis for most costumes in the SW universe.

Hey Julia, interested in showing everyone how to make those jedi pouches of yours?

3. JediElfQueen

JediElfQueen Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2002
    The pouches woudl be REALLY messy... but sure. *L* Let me check to make sure I can make it.

One thing I'd like to figure out is the trim on my Naboo Pilot vest... I've already tried doing it a couple times and it's horrible. :( If I can't get help on it I may have to forgo the trim and just make it plain... But I so want it to be accurate - or as accurate as is possible with freakin VINYL! *LOL*

Julia

4. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Email me a pic of it and I'll start brainstorming a way to do it.

5. Calixte

Calixte Jedi Youngling star 4

May 3, 2002
    I can share 'Research and documenting' techniques if you wish...I can't think of anything else. Is there something you'd like me to present on Wendy?

:)

6. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Well since you were so nice to ask.....

I think it's called aluminum sheeting, isn't that what you used on your Leia belt's? If you happen to have a scrape piece or two, I would be interested on seeing what you can do with it. Also working with bake-able clay, I have tons of it to use so you or myself can show how to fiddle with it and pop it in the oven.

It's up to you of course! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.