main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Costumes - What'll YOU be wearing?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by -Yun-Harla-, Sep 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Yun-Harla-

-Yun-Harla- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2006
    From Jedi to Stormtroopers to Smugglers... we KNOW that there'll be more than plenty to go around.

This is where we make plans, discuss who wants to wear what, yell at wonderflex and our sewing machines when they refuse to behave, and all those other fine details.

Personally, I'm planing on Jaina Solo and Marasiah Fel. Jaina's been my favorite since I've been a kid and Sia I just adore. Plus having a naturally occurring white streak in my brown hair makes me think I'm an idiot if I don't go as her. Ha ha. Exactly which of their outfits is something I'm trying to figure out at the moment. Hopefully the con will be Baltimore as then I won't have to pay for airfare and will have a bit more money for costuming. Ha ha! :)

2. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Jedi, Jedi and Jedi.

And Rebel Fleet Trooper.

And if Obi-Wan's new 'girlfriend' in the Clone Wars series has even halfway blond hair I want her clothes to go Obi-Wan hunting in.

3. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I'll bring my Yarna and Tusken Female and I'll probably make another costume before then.

4. MightyMass

MightyMass Jedi Youngling

Jul 23, 2009
    I'm up in the air on this. There's so many great characters to try. i guess it all depends on how much weight I can lose in X amount of time.

Definately going as a Jedi at least one day though. I'll even grow a beard for it.

Love,
    Matt

5. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I'll probably just bring my X-wing pilot since it actually doesn't take up a lot of room in my luggage.

6. quigonobi

quigonobi Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2005
    I will be coming as a dark jedi,i will probably have to redo my costume as it will be way too big for me,i have lost nearly 35 pounds and i am still losing weight!!!:) =D=

7. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Congratulations on your weight loss!

I'm planning on bringing one informal, fun costume and one that's a bit more serious. It will depend on how much room there will be in the luggage. Classic Leia is good though since it's easy to pack, and you don't need to iron it or anything on arrival.

8. Lufta Shif

Lufta Shif Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2000
    One word. Jedi.

9. Danpa_Wamem

Danpa_Wamem Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    Since I did not wear any costumes for CIV I plan on wearing some for CV.

So far I plan on wearing: Jedi, Imperial Gunner and possibly Imperial Officer.

10. JediXtine

JediXtine Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2006
    I'm thinking of doing a Rebel Pilot and then of course my Jedi. Julia will probably wear her Ahsoka costume....by then her Leia will be too small :( Maybe i'll make her a padawan costume....

11. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    * Anakin (ROTS)
    * Luke (ROTJ)
    * Rebel Legion Cheerleader
    * TIE Pilot (if I can find a way to bring it) or Anakin (AOTC)

If I'm finished:

* Luke Endor Poncho
    * Anakin (Clone Wars)

12. MajinKaze

MajinKaze Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 1, 2005
    I've never dressed up before, and don't usually feel like it. However, if I decide to for CV, I'll probably go as Indiana Jones, since I have that costume all set up and ready to go.

13. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    If it's in Orlando, I think the Tusken is definitely out. :p

14. MightyMass

MightyMass Jedi Youngling

Jul 23, 2009
    But a Tusken would look great on the beach.

Actually, during Megacon (in Orlando) I usually see a lot of Star Wars costumes. These conventions are mostly indoors, so unless you plan on doing a lot of outdoors stuff, you're basically in an air conditioned building.

Still, seven layers of sand-person costume is enough to make you pretty warm no matter where you are. Wookies doubly so.

No location yet. Bummer.

Love,
    Matt

15. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    IF I had the money and IF it was in some Northern town (NOT Orlando), I'd go as Jedi and, if I have it, Endor Leia.

16. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I'll be wearing my TK armor (as usual). I'd like to wear my Jedi costume, but I'd have to make mods. I'm not up to RL standards anymore.

I'd love to get an Imperial Officer finished by CV.

I still need to hunt down a Jar Jar mask for my forum costume. I was really pissed that someone made a Jedi Jar Jar Binks for C4. I'm the original.

Otherwise (but probably not considering what I did at C3... never got out of costume), I'll just be plain old me.

17. DUDEMALREAUX

DUDEMALREAUX Jedi Youngling

Dec 3, 2009
    I'm going to be going as a generic Smuggler-Engineer, but I need a utility belt WITH tools, like a hydrospanner and other starwars-kind of instruments. Anyone know where I can find one, or the tools?

I'd like the belt to be leather (or fake) brown or black, several pouches, and the tools, preferably dinged up, but doesn't matter.

Thanks!

18. Falls_the_Shadow

Falls_the_Shadow Jedi Youngling star 3

May 31, 2002
    Rebel Fleet Trooper
    one non-Amidala senator
    at least one ROTS Amidala or maybe Apailana

19. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    How hot do you think Tatooine is? :p

20. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    Awww! But her Leia is so adorable!

I'll have my red Twi'lek again and may also bring my Tauntaun (as I better have my Hoth costume done by then).

21. hairlesswookie

hairlesswookie Jedi Master star 3

Oct 23, 2001
    I have both a Shadow Trooper & an AT-AT Pilot..

Hopefully I can manage to get at least one of them there!

22. hothie

hothie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2004
    Dajuan and I will be packing more lightly for flying, so I may just bring my Death Star Independent Contractor for me, and she'll probably bring Endor Leia and/or sleeveless Jaina from Invasion comic.

Pic of mine can be seen here:
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v239/JediDajuan/CIII/Saturday/?action=view&current=Hothie.jpg

the bottom says "Building the Empire one small moon at a time."

23. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000

YAY CHICK PILOT!

I can't wait to see you guys again! :D

24. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I'm packing the cooler costumes to this con.

25. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    It's a dry heat!

I'm not going to be bringing my Tusken. I trooped in it today and since it was cool it was perfect but I trooped in it a few weeks ago and even in 55 degree weather it got hot.

I'll be working on my Rebel Pilot also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.