main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Could Rey have been set up...

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Ticonderouga, Dec 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ticonderouga

Ticonderouga Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 20, 2015
    To fall to the dark side? There are three distinct moments in the film that makes me think that either she has already begun to fall. In the forest before she is captured by Kylo Ren you see Rey shoot a stormtrooper, and she reacts to this at first by seeming dismayed (the reaction we expect given what we know about Rey), but then her expectation changes to one of triumph almost joyous, this expression only increases throughout the fight. Second, at the end of her duel with Ren she again has a triumphant expression, and is it just me or does she position herself over Kylo Ren, ready to give the death stroke until the MF's landing lights shine on her and she seems to shake off the theory. Third in the final when she extends the lightsaber towards Luke she is hold it blade first, in fact she is position in almost the exact same position as Kylo Ren when he kills Han Solo. Perhaps Rey has already begun her fall. Then of course there is the poster:

[​IMG]

She is parallel to Ren, not in opposition, and her staff is perfectly aligned with Ren's saber so closely in fact that is almost appears that she is holding her own red lightsaber.

2. d.b.coopersurviv

d.b.coopersurviv Jedi Youngling

Dec 26, 2015
    In the first example, it was her second shot that hit the trooper, and she was surprised she hit him, like most things she does in this film her first time she tries to do something that she has no idea how to do and some she shouldn't even know about, then she stops trying to do things and simply does them. And it was not the MF that stopped her from dealing the death blow, the planet separated them, and she was staring at him but I don't think that was a triumphant stare. I really think that she is not herself. She is under some kind of force amnesia block and compulsion to wait there for her family, her need to be there was beyond obsessive, she has no question of doing anything else. I think she was belt there much like Luke on Tatooine, except they mistakes were not repeated. I believe she is not just finding the force nor does she need a teacher, I think she has been trained completely and it is completely blocked. Inside their is a fully trained Jedi locked down so no one notices, just some lost girl. Because not only does she easily use the Jedi mind trick second time, how did she even know? I the forest she simply realized she didn't need to try she just had to do it. She has that adventurous desire like Luke in 4, but it is just gone and she must get back, right away. When she used the force to hit that storm trooper, then again she was just explicated by it flowing through her, not victorious, and as she ran through using the force to hit them she was similar to a deer just frolicking through the force awakening in her that has been carefully locked away. In the dual she was just barely holding her own, just realized the could turn one on, yet far more skilled then Finn, then when almost defeated, just like with the Jedi mind trick, something unlocked in her and she was suddenly a very skilled swordsman just mopped the floor with Ren like it was nothing, and I think he was portrayed with the most power of any force user before. He didn't just deflect blaster bolts, he froze them and went on like it was nothing. And she made very quick easy work of him. Then the planet separated them and she was transfixed, but mostly I think by the connection, I believe those are your siblings in this, that is the reason for her positioning on the poster as she is as well. As for the light saber and Luke, who can say, never thought about the light saber till now, but I was certain from the first with her that girl is not herself, she sat there eating that meager meal with far to much serenity, just seemed odd. And her oddness just built from there. But that's just my humble opinion.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

3. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    It be totally bada$$ if Rey falls to the dark side. I don't see it happening because I don't think Disney has the la neuz to do it. But it still cool if they did. Nobody would see it coming and all the "rehash" talk of the OT would go right out the window! :D

4. Dave of Ren

Dave of Ren Jedi Padawan

Dec 19, 2015
    It really would be a WWE level heel turn if Rey ended up darkside, but it would open up a huge new direction. Rey could join a fully trained Kylo Ren and defeat Snoke. Luke trains a force sensitive Finn, who then has to defeat Rey while Luke deals with Kylo Ren.

It'll never happen.

Luke02 likes this.
  5. turnip white

turnip white Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2014
    May as well just call it the female Annakin story [face_tired]

Master_Lok likes this.
  6. Force22

Force22 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013

Well, she is TPM Anakin to the bone. Boring or not, I got the impression that it's what they set her up for.

7. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Nothing would surprise me with Rey, given the instant Jedi skill set status.

8. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    This doesn't warrant a separate thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.