main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Could you kill another human?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by Rouge Null, May 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Religious_Paul

Religious_Paul Jedi Youngling

Aug 12, 2002
    And I would probably end up commiting suicide after a couple years.

Wouldn't that go against your policy of not killing people?

Okay, here's a completely hypothetical question: Someone is attacking you or a loved one, and the only way to stop them would be to kill them. Would you?

To answer the question yes, I could kill someone.

2. gwaernardel

gwaernardel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    I would too. And it really makes me sad for humanity that so many people in this thread have said that they would kill for money or if they got angry enough.

3. Obi-HaCoR

Obi-HaCoR Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2002
    Would I kill someone...........Yes I would actually.

If it's in the self defense of myself or my family or my friends that is definitly a matter of life or death, I will be willing to do anything in my will to stop that person. Even if it means killing someone intentionally or accidently. ONLY in a life or death situation.

If I know this is probably the end of the line, I'm going to go everything in my power to protect myself and the others around me, even if it means killing the guy in a simple act of self defense.

How many years in jail is that actually??? Killing in self defense??

4. Religious_Paul

Religious_Paul Jedi Youngling

Aug 12, 2002
    How many years in jail is that actually??? Killing in self defense??

Probably zero.

5. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    In some cases, it be inevitable. What you live with after the fact may be the worst punishment of all, if one is necessary.

6. Devilanse

Devilanse Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    Of course I could. To protect someone who needed help...to stop a crime from happening...and lastly...to help protect the gene pool.

7. MaulsWoman

MaulsWoman Jedi Knight star 7

Oct 2, 2000
    After losing two best friends at the World Trade Center and 5 other people I know, my answer is absolutely YES!!! and feel no regrets.

8. stevo

stevo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    When somebody uses force on you, for any reason, they have given you the permission to respond to them in their own way, with force.

9. Gaudior

Gaudior Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2002
    No, I could never wittingly kill another human being.

10. Ramius

Ramius Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2002
    If I killed someone, I wouldn't have the same kind of regret as some people here have posted they would have afterwards.

If I had a gun and I had to shoot someone, I would prefer to shoot them in the knee caps or something, so their life would suck. But then, they might sue or some crap like that. You never know in todays world.

11. astroblue

astroblue Jedi Youngling star 3

May 6, 2002
    No.

No one has the right to kill another human...
    Or any other living thing for that matter.

12. gwaernardel

gwaernardel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    Plants are living. We have the right to kill those to survive.

13. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jansons_Funny_Twin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    I think one has a right, scratch that, a duty to kill someone when that person threatens the life and well being of one's family, country, or friends. There are many other times when killing is required, I just can't think of them right now.

I always remember a quote by General George S. Patton.

"No poor b****** ever won a war by dying for his country, he won by making the other poor b****** die for his."

14. KaineDamo

KaineDamo Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 6, 2002
    Only if there was absolutely no other option, i would kill a person in defense of my own life, in defense of a loved ones life, and in the defence of an innocent.

I do kinda find it sickining that people would actually kill for money. Most people say they wouldn't kill in anger or revenge. My first answer would be no, of course i wouldn't kill for such a petty reason. But i wonder... Everyone has their limit, a point where they just break and can't take anymore, and WOULD kill the person responible for their pain even if their life isn't in danger. I have a question. How much does another person have to take from you before you would gladdly kill them, even if there is no immediate danger? My honest answer is i don't know. I would like to think i would never do so.

15. Lord_Darth_Bob

Lord_Darth_Bob Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 29, 2001
    Absolutely, I would. Yes.

16. Ramius

Ramius Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2002
    I have a question. How much does another person have to take from you before you would gladdly kill them, even if there is no immediate danger?

If they looked at me funny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.