main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA CR Election Nominations

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by JoeRichmondVA, Sep 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeRichmondVA

JoeRichmondVA Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2006
    As discussed and agreed to at our last meeting, the City Rep (CR) Election Process has begun.

The topic "CR Election Nominations" has been made in the Richmond Fanforce Forum.

Anyone interested in running for position of CR must post their intention in this thread. Feel free to include any information you feel is relevant.

There will be a one week nomination period (starting today Monday September 25th as of the time of this posting and ending Monday October 2nd at midnight).

After the nomination period ends:

- The voting will run for two weeks, starting the day the nominations are closed and the nominees are presented in a topic "CR Election" and ending exactly two weeks after. Actual Start and End dates will be based on the posting date of the "CR Election" topic.
    - In order to be elegible to vote, you must have been registered on the Richmond FanForce Boards between 1 year prior to and 1 week before the "CR Election Nominations" posting and have posted at least once in that time.
    - All votes need to be PM'd to Meriwyn who will tally votes and ensure no one votes more than once using multiple registered names and that they fit the voting criteria indicated above.
    - Meriwyn will announce the results in the forums

Note that although there is no official term for the position of CR, Richmond FanForce has determined that we will hold these elections annually.

2. shabad

shabad Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2006
    I nominate JoeRichmondVA for CR.

3. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    I will throw in my bucket into the ring. I've been scheduling the current meetings, writing up agendas and publishing meeting minutes, so I'm willing to take it to the next level.

In order to ensure our security and continuing stability, the Boards will be reorganized into the first Galactic Empire, for a safe and secure Forum which I assure you will last for ten thousand years! Oh .. did I say that? Um... never mind...just ignore that...

Ok.. who else?

4. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    Hmmm no other takers for nominations... should we leave this open another week?

If there are no other nominations I suppose we would not need to go through the formal election process. I will check with Meriwyn as to how to proceed.

5. James3

James3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2006
    Get er done! Everything has been done to the letter and now it is time to get this behind us so as we can progress forward and expand this wonderful group.

6. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    OK gang, looks like Joe is your new CR! Congrats Joe :) I'll send you a PM with instructions on how to change your colors and other schtuff hehe.

7. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    Congrats Joe! Does that mean that now we call you master?:D

Can we now lose the dead stickied topic at the top that has been sitting there forever?;)

8. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    Thanks! I'm looking forward to learning the site maintenance and other CR responsibilities. No need to call me master... but you.. like your posts.. are now MINE! O:)

9. Ria3934

Ria3934 Jedi Youngling

Aug 2, 2006
    Congrats Joe!!! And hello everyone :)

10. Meriwyn

Mar 22, 2002
    Yes James and I stickied your new one :p

11. shabad

shabad Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2006
    We all knew you were the best person for the job! Congratulations!!

12. James3

Apr 7, 2006

*Big Hugs*

Yay! Thank you, anytime you vist down this way lunch and Twizzlers on me:D

13. Meriwyn

Mar 22, 2002
    How can a girl say no to Twizzlers? You smooth talker LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.